• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sweet Victory - OU RMT

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
Sweet Victory

My attempt at making a OU team with Victini.

Seeing as he's very problematic to use, I'd thought I'd give this team a try. However, this team seems to have trouble sometimes. So I bought it here to be sure. :)

Forretress, @Leftovers
Relaxed, 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp.Def
~Gyro Ball
~Rapid Spin
~Stealth Rock
~Toxic Spikes

Forretress, is my Rapid Spinner for this team. He starts setting up Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes, then switches out or stays in and deals damage with Gyro Ball or blow away entry hazards and my side with Rapid Spin.

Machamp, @Choice Scarf
Adamant, 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~DynamicPunch
~Ice Punch
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake

Machamp is the muscle of the team, dealing out quick, but heavy attacks to opposing Pokemon, and can revenge kill nicely.

DynamicPunch for STAB and 100% confusion rate, usually causing switches. Ice Punch for the likes of Haxorus and his Dragon brethren.
Stone Edge For Flying-types that try to ruin Machamp's sweep. Earthquake for everything else(except Levitators).

Scizor, @Muscle Band
Jolly, 4 HP / 252 Atk /252 Spe
~Bullet Punch
~Brick Break
~Bug Bite
~Swords Dance

The other physical attacker on my team. I decided to give Muscle Band to give it a decent attack boost while not losing HP each turn.

Bullet Punch for STAB and heavy damage under Technician. Swords Dance to boost Scizor's great attack strength to new levels. Bug Bite is also STAB, but for Psychic-types like Reniculus and others, along with Grass-types, as well as being boosted by Technician. Brick Break for the occasional Steel-type and Tyranitar.

Celebi, @Leftovers
Bold, 252 HP / 96 Def / 124 Sp.Def / 36 Spe
~Grass Knot
~Thunder Wave
~Recover
~HP(Fire)

Celebi is another defensive Mon who is meant to spread status, as well as being bulky.

Grass Knot for Bulky Water-types and Rock-types. Thunder Wave is to allow my other team mates to have more of a Speed advantage. Recover to keep by HP at manageable levels. HP(Fire) for Scizor on the switch-in and other Grass-types that try to wall.

Chansey, @Evolution Stone
Calm, 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Sp.Def
~Seismic Toss
~Softboiled
~Wish
~Toxic

My special wall for the team. Pretty standard stuff, however.

Seismic Toss to do steady damage each turn. Toxic for Ghosts, who resist Seismic Toss, and others as well. Softboiled to keep my own HP in check, while Wish is there to share Chansey's grand HP with team members.

Victini, @Life Orb
Timid, 6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk /252 Spe
~Ball of Flame
~Thunderbolt
~HP(Water)
~Shadow Ball

The star of the show!!

Victini, like Machamp, is fast and powerful, but is not limited to one move. He's/She's good to bring in late game, clear out weakened Pokemon.

Ball of Flame is used for STAB along with heightened Burn chance, was well as dealing heavy damage. Thunderbolt to cover Water-types and Flying-types. HP(Water) for other Fire Pokemon that don't happen to be on a Sunny Day team and Shadow Ball to clean out weakened Ghosts.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Machamp is still a bit slow to use Choice Scarf effectively. True, it outspeeds max base 100s like Salamence, but it still falls short of Pokemon like Infernape and Starmie. IMO, I'd replace it with Lucario, who can do its job a bit faster, but with a bit less power:
-Close Combat
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch
-Crunch
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf

Or, if you prefer the freedom of switching attacks:
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-ExtremeSpeed/Bullet Punch/Stone Edge
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Item: Life Orb

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
Machamp is still a bit slow to use Choice Scarf effectively. True, it outspeeds max base 100s like Salamence, but it still falls short of Pokemon like Infernape and Starmie. IMO, I'd replace it with Lucario, who can do its job a bit faster, but with a bit less power:
-Close Combat
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch
-Crunch
Nature: Jolly
Item: Choice Scarf

Or, if you prefer the freedom of switching attacks:
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-ExtremeSpeed/Bullet Punch/Stone Edge
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Item: Life Orb

Only problem I see is that if I switch in Lucario for Machamp, I'll gain a massive Fire weakness(Burungeru can come in on, but even then...).

I'll see about it, though. I like the Speed output.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Terrakion is a much better scarfer than Lucario as it actually outspeeds things.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Heart of Justice
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Sacred Sword
- X-Scissor

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
I tested out Terrakion.

It works pretty well! Thanks, DA.

Willing to here any other advice, if anyone has their two-cents to put in.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd tweak Chansey's EVs and nature. Change the nature to Bold and shift the Special Defense EVs into Defense. That's because Chansey's Special Defense is good enough already and its uninvested Defense is still weak, even with the Evo Stone.

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
I'd tweak Chansey's EVs and nature. Change the nature to Bold and shift the Special Defense EVs into Defense. That's because Chansey's Special Defense is good enough already and its uninvested Defense is still weak, even with the Evo Stone.

I'll be sure to test it out, PD!

Back