• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games of your Childhood?

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Preferably NOT Pokemon, since this is a Pokemon forum and I'm sure a lot of us have grown up with Pokemon, as did I.

I grew up with Mario, Zelda, and in general just a lot of Nintendo games. NES and SNES were sort of before my time, the N64 was my first real console so to speak. Some of my later years when I knew a little bit more about what I was doing, was spent playing Animal Crossing on the gamecube. Good memories. I even remember naming some of our parakeets after townsfolk in the game, lol.

Years
Dragon_Warrior_Monsters_2_Cobis_Journey_GBC_ScreenShot4.jpg

Dragon Warrior Monsters instantly springs to mind. I played this more than Pokemon when it was out. I had a couple of friends playing it too, so we were always just sat, engrossed in the game, finding new monsters and breeding more! :3

I still have the same game in my games draw in my flat! :D​

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Grew up with some good games- Zelda: Link's Awakening, Blades of Steel, duck hunt, donkey kong land/country for the gameboy, golden sun came a bit later but it was so good!

I've always wanted to play Dragon Warrior Monsters, though! And Monster Rancher ;_;

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Games I would consider a part of my childhood would be Pokémon Yellow, Pokémon Gold, the Mega Man Battle Network series and the Zero series, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and probably a bunch of other games I'm forgetting about. Those are all the games that I would play beside my friends, or talk about all the time with them. Good times ... : )

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Banjo-Kazooie

Grew up with some good games- Zelda: Link's Awakening, Blades of Steel, duck hunt, donkey kong land/country for the gameboy, golden sun came a bit later but it was so good!

I've always wanted to play Dragon Warrior Monsters, though! And Monster Rancher ;_;
I had/played all of those :D

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Jet Force Gemini, y'all don't even know, man. I liked and played other games, but that one defined childhood for me holy god just blowing ants heads right off. Green blood everywhere.

Also Paper Mario and StarTropics.

Tox

fight me
Years
Bomberman, Final Fantasy IV, V and VI, Digimon World, Rayman and Spyro all spring to mind.

EDIT; Oh, and Worms and Puchi Carat.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I grew up with a variety of games some of them I loved more than others, naturally. Some of my favourite games that I still have all till this day are Spyro, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot and Odd World: Abe Oddysee.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I grew up playing a lot of games back in the day: Bubble Bobble, Sonic, Mario, Megaman Battle Network series, Crash ps1 series and Spyro ps1 series. Ah, the memories :D

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
The ones that stand out for me would be, Sonic, Mario, Digimon world and Final Fantasy. I have most of these games still and completely love them. Still play them to this day but the consoles are starting to wear out which is getting annoying so trying to find new ones and some of the games I lost when I moved out on my own.

Rayman and Crash Bandicoot are others of note to.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Not so much series (other than Pokemon) moreso certain games which include:

Diddy Kong Racing
Kirby and the Crystal Shards
Crash Bandicoot (the one for GBA)
Banjo-Kazooie

... and that's pretty much it really. I spent a lot of time at my friend's house playing his Nintendo 64 when I was younger. Sadly, that friend doesn't even remember my sister and I but he was only around the age of my sister so it's no surprise. Still, the memories I have of playing those games are very fond.

Though I'm not sure where I played Banjo-Kazooie. I forget if it was at my cousin's house, at my friend's house, or somewhere else.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
The original Street Fighter on PC was probably one of the first games I played, along with Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, NFS: Hot Pursuit on the PS1, crap like that. Oh and Power Rangers on PC.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
Tetris, Contra, Metal Slug, Twisted Metal. A game I didn't play but enjoyed watching someone else play was Zelda on the 64.

NatureKeeper

This was practically my everything before I hooked unto Pokemon, and by extent video gaming as a whole.

Now I need this game, dammit.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Jet Force Gemini, y'all don't even know, man. I liked and played other games, but that one defined childhood for me holy god just blowing ants heads right off. Green blood everywhere.

I never thought I would ever find someone who played Jet Force Gemini before! I used to play it all the time with my friends in splitscreen, and we would have a great time. I know exactly what you mean by shooting the alien ants heads off and having the green blood everywhere. I miss playing it...

The video games of my childhood? I don't even know where to begin. I played lots of games as a child across the N64, PS2, and Gamecube. I don't have any specific game I used to play, but all of the games I had on those gaming systems kept me occupied for years. Sadly, most of them are gone now because I sold every single one of them a few years ago, and I still regret that to this day, and a lot of the games were completely addicting to play.

Naming some of the games I used to play as a child were:

N64
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
Kirby The Crystal Shards
Jet Force Gemini
Perfect Dark
007 Goldeneye
Bomberman 64
Gauntlet

PS2

SSX
Need For Speed Underground
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Zone of the Enders
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Jak and Daxter
Jak II
Kinetica (I might have typed this incorrectly)
Final Fantasy X
Shadow Hearts

Gamecube
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Digimon World 4
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Super Monkey Ball 2
Luigi's Mansion
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Final Fantasy The Crystal Chronicles
007 Nightfire
Lost Kingdoms II
Super Mario Sunshine

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
N64
StarFox 64
Mario Golf
Pokemon Snap
Resident Evil 2
Goldeneye 007
Perfect Dark
Mario 64
Pokemon Staduim
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Madden Series
Had alot more these were mine favorites

PlayStation 1
Dragonball Z Ultimate Battle 22
Grand Turismo
SpongeBob SquarePants SuperSponge (Birthday Gift when I was 12)
NHL Hockey 97
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
These were favorites

PlayStation 2
GTA San Andreas
God Hand
Bully
Madden Series
NBA Ballers
NBA Streets Series
these were favorites

Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, and SP.
Rugrats in Paris
Rocket Power Gettin' Air
Dystany Warriors Advance
Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit Detective
These were favorites.

My childhood 5-15 years old. I don't even own most of these games anymore. (thanks to younger siblings)

DisesioN

Screenshot-3.png

Wolfenstein 3D
shot1.jpg

Prince of Persia
Prince-of-Persia-1989.gif

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
huh... seems like i'm a lot younger than everyone here.

PC
Half-life
Call of Duty

Xbox
Halo CE

PS2
Twisted metal black
Mortal kombat (Dont remember which one)
Tekken (Don't remember which one)
NFS Hot pursuit 2
Dreamcast
Army men: Sarges heros

That's as far as my memory goes. Yes, it's all violent games. No, I don't know why

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
My favorite games in the past
PS1
Marvel Vs Capcom
Parasite Eve
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Final Fantasy VIII
X-Men: Children of the Atom
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter