• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: PC Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Ok this is either an idea or a result of pulling an all nighter~ IT'S A GOOD IDEA ANYWAYS ;;

Ok so I know that in the past, PC Marriage was pretty popular and happened quite a bit. I was wondering, would it be possible to make it official? You know like:
  • A PC Weddings sub-forum.
  • A profile field for Husband/Wife (Depending on the user's gender) or maybe just "Spouse".
  • A Couple's thread, like the pairing thread.
I really think it would be nice to have PC Marriages become official in a sense. I think it would be really fun and PC is all about the fun. Just thought I'd throw this out towards you guys and see how it goes.

Don't hate me ^_^

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Isn't this what pairing is all about? If you like each other a lot you could just be online couples.

I personally don't see the point of online marriage, be it serious or for fun. There's no reason or benefit for making a trivial thing official in a forum about Pokemon.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I don't feel that this sort of thing, when it's not really a majorly used aspect of the forum to begin with, needs a forum section just for it personally. Maybe I'm wrong there but I don't really see it. After all pairing already exists and goes fine functioning in its thread.

Echidna

Years
Isn't this what pairing is all about? If you like each other a lot you could just be online couples.

I personally don't see the point of online marriage, be it serious or for fun. There's no reason or benefit for making a trivial thing official in a forum about Pokemon.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because I really think it would be nice and fun to have something new and fresh happening around the forums. Yes, pairings already exist, but it would really be fun to have a nice marriage thread. I mean, it's always fun to mix things up a bit.

I don't feel that this sort of thing, when it's not really a majorly used aspect of the forum to begin with, needs a forum section just for it personally. Maybe I'm wrong there but I don't really see it. After all pairing already exists and goes fine functioning in its thread.

I see your point there, but the list up there is just a few examples. I'm looking for ideas regarding the concept of PC Marriage itself.
I don't suppose it would be too much to start a campaign huh? :/

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Personally making a whole sub-forum around weddings is a little redundant. Especially since the Pairing Thread and the pairing section on one's profile, accompanied by the ability to note pairing in one's signature, all cover a relatively similar topic quite well.

Years
I agree with all the above, it is a little far fetched.

I thought things like online marriages were private be it serious or fun, pairing is good enough and a nice way to show how much you like a person :)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
What do marriages offer that's noticeably different from pairs? (I do not go into pairing in the first place so I wouldn't know). If the general gist of it is the same then I don't see much new to it as such...

I wonder if when a forum marriage ceases like with pairings ending if a divorce would be needed. =p

Echidna

Years
What do marriages offer that's noticeably different from pairs? (I do not go into pairing in the first place so I wouldn't know). If the general gist of it is the same then I don't see much new to it as such...

I wonder if when a forum marriage ceases like with pairings ending if a divorce would be needed. =p

Heh a divorce.
But yeah I guess it is pretty much a pairing in a sense. Anyway, just an idea that popped in my head (specifically when I was taking a walk outside xD). Guess it wasn't a very good one ;;
Could someone close this? Thanks! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back