• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
You all agree that this hack promised a lot really but maybe one day someone completes it ... Good luck Uzigunner I know that if you make this hack right it will probably be hack of the year when it is released ut for that you need to have a great team....
Finally somebody understood what my past comments meant. But first, JB needs to come back. He has not been replying to my messages recently. Its actually all up to him to reincarnate the hack, really hope he does reply sooner or later....

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
Hello everybody.
Im here to give an update on the progression of dark rising 2 with a direct message from dark rising girl herself. she forgot her password to the forums and does not use the email that is associated with this website anymore. She will be creating a new username eventually when she is ready. here is the message she asked of me to post here;

"Hey Everyone! After being away from the community for so long, I checked back for the first time in months yesterday to see if the thread was still up & it was! I want to thank everyone for the support you're giving to Dark Rising 2, I really really appreciate it. Now on to the good parts you're all probably curious about;

*YES, Dark Rising 2 is still being worked on and it has been since I left. Progress is going sort of slow, but very well. I've learned to event better scripts and a lot more since I'm working on the hack alone.

*Progress is currently at the 4th badge(There will be 12 badges)

*Since I've been absent from the community, SO MUCH 6th gen information has been revealed and I'm loving so much of it. I have to say though, Fairy-Type WILL NOT be in the hack(I wouldn't know how to program it into the hack anyway lol). However, this has actually improved the story of the hack & made it even better. In this hack, the fairy type has been sealed away by Darugis along with Arceus. Until Darugis is defeated, the Fairy Type does not exist within any Pokemon. Due to Fairy being strong against every type Darugis is made of, it's his key weakness and that is why he has sealed it away. It may sound cheesy by me just writing it, but trust me, when it's all told within the story of the hack, it makes much more sense and is a lot cooler."

*Mega Evolutions...There will only be 3 Mega Evolutions IF two of them exist. If Mega Dragonite & Mega Salamence exist(Mega Garchomp has already been revealed), the player will be able to Permanently Mega Evolve their Dragon Starter Pokemon mid-late in the hack. Only the 3 dragon starters will be able to Mega Evolve.

*I've already reserved spots in the hack for at least 20 of the new Pokemon from 6th gen. Which ones will be in it is my choice, but I will wait a month after X&Y is released to decide who. Pancham/Pangoro are the only confirmed ones so far with Fennekin being Jalice's Pokemon.

*Yes, I've become a better mapper lol

*I have enough stuff done to release a beta, however, I won't. The hack will not be released until it's completely done sometime next year. This msg is simply an update that the hack is still alive and will not ever die.

*I've checked out and played a few new hacks, and I'm really impressed by Pokemon Glazed. I vote Pokemon Glaze for Hack of the Year everyone! If you agree, make sure to vote for it whenever the community does the hack of the year thingy. It's a really awesome hack and it's the best one released this year in my opinion(Did Pokemon Reborn come out this year as well? Idk whatever. Vote for either ^.^)

Lastly, I do want to apologize for anything cruel and ridiculous I may have said to anyone the last time I was a member of the community. I was really saying some stupid, ridiculous stuff to everyone and it really wasn't needed or called for. Honestly, yes, I do make hacks just for the fun of it & I stand by that, BUT, I have zero rights to ever say Dark Rising 1 was as amazing as I was proclaiming it to be. To me & a lot others, yes, the hack is great, but there are so many flaws and errors that I failed to correct out of laziness and carelessness that it was no way as great as I was saying it was. So to anyone who still even remembers the stuff I said before I left the community, I apologize and it was very childish. I was out of my mind that night lol.

Soooo yea, Pokemon Dark Rising 2 is coming out sometime Spring 2014 most likely!(I bet you're looking at the screen like "...That's long and nothing to be excited about") I promise you guys, it's gonna be very very fun and amazing. I'm taking my time and correcting every error I see, down to the slightest bit of tile error and script error. This time, I'm really focused on making something truly worthy of Hack of the Year 2014(Give 2013 to Glaze or Reborn!). Thanks everyone for sticking by the hack, even when it seemed it would never come back. You guys are true fans & I can't thank you enough! ^.^
From DarkRisingGirl"

As a personal friend of hers i will say the game is coming along brilliantly and she is very keen on making it feel like a true pokemon game worthy of praise. The pokemon selection is from what I have played so far very good and open minded with a ton of variety. she also manage to create a superb leveling curve that is challenging but not dark rising 1 challenging. I felt like a strong player from the start but also like I was just starting if that makes any sense. All in all she is doing this on her own and proving how good she can be at this stuff if she really tries.
If you have any questions for her you can ask me and I will deliver them to her until she creates a new username.

Years
OMG!!!! DRG is back!!! Just started playing Dark Rising 2 weeks ago and it was amazing!! I'm so glad that dark rising 2 is still bring worked on!! Thanks for your effort DRG!!

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
Hello everybody.
Im here to give an update on the progression of dark rising 2 with a direct message from dark rising girl herself. she forgot her password to the forums and does not use the email that is associated with this website anymore. She will be creating a new username eventually when she is ready. here is the message she asked of me to post here;

"Hey Everyone! After being away from the community for so long, I checked back for the first time in months yesterday to see if the thread was still up & it was! I want to thank everyone for the support you're giving to Dark Rising 2, I really really appreciate it. Now on to the good parts you're all probably curious about;

*YES, Dark Rising 2 is still being worked on and it has been since I left. Progress is going sort of slow, but very well. I've learned to event better scripts and a lot more since I'm working on the hack alone.

*Since I've been absent from the community, SO MUCH 6th gen information has been revealed and I'm loving so much of it. I have to say though, Fairy-Type WILL NOT be in the hack(I wouldn't know how to program it into the hack anyway lol). However, this has actually improved the story of the hack & made it even better. In this hack, the fairy type has been sealed away by Darugis along with Arceus. Until Darugis is defeated, the Fairy Type does not exist within any Pokemon. Due to Fairy being strong against every type Darugis is made of, it's his key weakness and that is why he has sealed it away. It may sound cheesy by me just writing it, but trust me, when it's all told within the story of the hack, it makes much more sense and is a lot cooler."

*Mega Evolutions...There will only be 3 Mega Evolutions IF two of them exist. If Mega Dragonite & Mega Salamence exist(Mega Garchomp has already been revealed), the player will be able to Permanently Mega Evolve their Dragon Starter Pokemon mid-late in the hack. Only the 3 dragon starters will be able to Mega Evolve.

*I've already reserved spots in the hack for at least 20 of the new Pokemon from 6th gen. Which ones will be in it is my choice, but I will wait a month after X&Y is released to decide who. Pancham/Pangoro are the only confirmed ones so far with Fennekin being Jalice's Pokemon.

*I have enough stuff done to release a beta, however, I won't. The hack will not be released until it's completely done sometime next year. This msg is simply an update that the hack is still alive and will not ever die.

*I've checked out and played a few new hacks, and I'm really impressed by Pokemon Glazed. I vote Pokemon Glaze for Hack of the Year everyone! If you agree, make sure to vote for it whenever the community does the hack of the year thingy. It's a really awesome hack and it's the best one released this year in my opinion(Did Pokemon Reborn come out this year as well? Idk whatever. Vote for either ^.^)

Lastly, I do want to apologize for anything cruel and ridiculous I may have said to anyone the last time I was a member of the community. I was really saying some stupid, ridiculous stuff to everyone and it really wasn't needed or called for. Honestly, yes, I do make hacks just for the fun of it & I stand by that, BUT, I have zero rights to ever say Dark Rising 1 was as amazing as I was proclaiming it to be. To me & a lot others, yes, the hack is great, but there are so many flaws and errors that I failed to correct out of laziness and carelessness that it was no way as great as I was saying it was. So to anyone who still even remembers the stuff I said before I left the community, I apologize and it was very childish. I was out of my mind that night lol.

Soooo yea, Pokemon Dark Rising 2 is coming out sometime Spring 2014 most likely!(I bet you're looking at the screen like "...That's long and nothing to be excited about") I promise you guys, it's gonna be very very fun and amazing. I'm taking my time and correcting every error I see, down to the slightest bit of tile error and script error. This time, I'm really focused on making something truly worthy of Hack of the Year 2014(Give 2013 to Glaze or Reborn!). Thanks everyone for sticking by the hack, even when it seemed it would never come back. You guys are true fans & I can't thank you enough! ^.^
From DarkRisingGirl"

As a personal friend of hers i will say the game is coming along brilliantly and she is very keen on making it feel like a true pokemon game worthy of praise. The pokemon selection is from what I have played so far very good and open minded with a ton of variety. she also manage to create a superb leveling curve that is challenging but not dark rising 1 challenging. I felt like a strong player from the start but also like I was just starting if that makes any sense. All in all she is doing this on her own and proving how good she can be at this stuff if she really tries.
If you have any questions for her you can ask me and I will deliver them to her until she creates a new username.

AAAWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEE Now I"m Happy That DRG Has Returned & The Hack IS BACK^^
I Had Fun Playing Dark Rising 1 Even when it has a few bugs But I Can't Wait for This & I'm all Fired Up with Excitement. Anyway Good Luck on the Progress:D

Years
YAYYYY Finaly! Thx for ur comeback (if it is a comeback) im rly waiting a great game like the 1st one! You guys dont need to hurry! We know that you have your one lifes and that you want to makes us happy and to makes us enjoy what pokemon world can give us, so i must say that you guys are awsome and give your best and have best of luck!

Years
You all agree that this hack promised a lot really but maybe one day someone completes it ... Good luck Uzigunner I know that if you make this hack right it will probably be hack of the year when it is released ut for that you need to have a great team....

Também sou tuga! Vou já ver o teu channel! :D

Im portuguse aswell! Gonna check your channel right now!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Hello everybody.

From DarkRisingGirl"

Wow, this is really great news, I haven't checked on this thread in months seeing as I was losing hope in the creation of this game. This update was crucial not only to myself but for many others who were pending a response from you. Good luck on DR2, hopefully all is well and the confusion has now been lifted lol. I'm hoping you can post new screenshots soon to show off some progress, anyways now I'm looking forward to this game's release yet again lol hopefully the level curve and glitches aren't as extreme as its predecessor ^^

Years
Hello everybody.

From DarkRisingGirl"

I would trust you if you could actually provide evidence that this message was from Darkrisinggirl herself.

Because right now, I am really doubting this. Trusting someone who's account was created merely days ago is not something wise people would do. Again, wise people would actually wait for "physical" evidence like what Ash493 said.

Uk0

Pokemon MASTAH!
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
This looks awesome! I like how you used other sprites from other games, and custom sprites! Keep up the good work.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
wow!
I am currently overflowing with joy!! :D
This news is really worthy for a worldwide party, thanks DRG, and her issues!!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hmm.... excuse me being skeptical about the legitimacy of this news.

While I do appreciate the apology (yet I wasn't too bothered by what transpired, the reaction happens so often in other places I barely even care anymore), there's something that massively worries me: DR1 was supposedly handled and playtested by more than one person, and even she admits it was pretty awful already. She had quite a group made up specifically for DR2, who she gave the go ahead to continue with it.

And she did this all by herself under so short a time considering hacks. I could barely even finish some of my own beginner modifications of vanilla ROMs this quick when I had started out, considering when she left. Most 386 hacks worth their salt don't even get finished this quickly, let alone something suited for the Hack Showcase itself a complete third. Either the quote is complete bull or I'm dubious as to how well this is going to work: hackers improve greatly after their first "big" hack but there is still the timeline in question. Next year in spring is a good though a little optimistic of a date, but already being that far done is... interesting, let's just say.

Also... is the bad guy all Dragon, Fighting, and Dark types now? Does this mean both you and the main bad guy are all weak to Fairy because starters are all Dragon? I don't understand, and this is already making plotholes before the hack is even finished. Fairy type existing now doesn't mean you need to shoehorn it into your plot, it's already making things a mess.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Hello everybody.

From DarkRisingGirl"

Once again, won't believe a single line of this until we have a screenshot or something, because I won't trust a new, single-post member aboit something like this tbh

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
Due to a lot of you expressing worries about the legitimacy of my post and connection to dark rising girl, tomorrow I will post a small humorous interview one of our friends did with her concerning the hack and the actual progress of the hack. I will try to persuade her to post any new screen shots she may have. Thank You

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Well, now I guess I can say to all you guys that, I told you so. Look who's making a fool out of himself now..

When the thread had been close. Most likely everyone is shocked and
ignored the game. That's why it's not easy to believe to someone who's
saying that it's still on going. But anyways, Good to see that message.
Seems like I'll be looking forward for the upcoming Darkrising 2 this 2014.
It will be on my Playable list on the day forward.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 26, 2016
I do have a question of course. now i haven't played dark rising 1 yet. But the question i have is that, i noticed from reading the list of pokemon that you do not have Buneary or a few other pokemon on it. will the be added in this one? i am curious of the story, so far i am stuck on Light Platinum right now taking on the lauren league. When i do finish this i will gladly try out your dark rising. Just id like to know if there will be pokemon that wasn't added in the first one.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Due to a lot of you expressing worries about the legitimacy of my post and connection to dark rising girl, tomorrow I will post a small humorous interview one of our friends did with her concerning the hack and the actual progress of the hack. I will try to persuade her to post any new screen shots she may have. Thank You
No one really cares about interviews or anything.
Unless you actually post screenshots, no one will believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back