• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Euthanasia

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Depends on what the individual says. End of story. It's their life. Especially if that person is suffering it is unbelievably selfish and completely disregards that person's helplessness if you don't even give them the option. This isn't exactly "trying to promote suicide", these are people who are in a helpless state who cannot be helped to move out of it. They should have a full decision if they want to keep living anymore or not.

If someone's in a vegetative state I think it's up to the family but there's a point where you have to let go. It's not easy... but that isn't life worth living.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
What is your stance on Euthanasia?
Tough question. But honestly I don't care more than I should, even if I really wanted to. But for the matter if I actually needed to choose and defend a side, then I would have to oppose to such a thing. How can you respect their lives if you want to end it before their own time. Even if they ask for it, nobody has the right or permission to ever take their own or another persons life.

Most people think that putting beings or creatures out of their misery is something that is good. It might sound right because we were all taught that sometimes the right thing to do, is making a hard choice. But bottom line is that doing this is basically taking the easy way out, it isn't honorable. And it isn't okay.
Personally I would remain complete neutral in the end anyway.

At what age do you think someone should have the plug pulled?
This has so many possibilities and situations in this question alone.

But what it mainly focuses on is having life-support to begin with. This isn't something that would actually make things better. The only possible way for somebody on the path of no return to come back, is through a miracle. And sometimes not everyone can have one. Life-support is a way for people to hold onto things they aren't ready to let go of yet. This creates a form of false hope. The only thing worse than losing somebody, is thinking that dragging them out as far as you can is the better choice.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
A statement I've heard before is Pain is living. To some extent I agree with this statement because I always feel that Pain makes us into our unique selves, however, in the case of a person being terminally ill I feel that Euthanasia is the kindest thing a person can do.

There is a slight aspect of, Well I wouldn't call it grief or satisfaction from helping someone die but that moment would stamp your being for a long time, to kill violently or to kill out of sympathy whichever way you look at it is still killing and that can effect the way we live.

In terms of helping terminally ill children I believe that depending on their age it should be entirely their decision, if the child is unable to make the decision it should be up to the parents of the child. It doesn't matter what someones opinion is on euthanasia until you experience something so devastating where a decision like that has to be made you will never fully understand it. A person's mind set is altered completely when experiencing issues like this.

My opinion on the people protesting are that they're idiots. I know it's a strong word to use and some may be intelligent but how can you protest letting a child suffer instead of letting them have a painless end.

The only issue I feel there is with euthanasia is the person or person who help a person end their life when they're terminally ill, are they going to be mentally strong enough not to overcome by what has happened, but if they can I believe they're heroes in disguise.

I physically feel sick when people say euthanasia is wrong, It's just how I've always felt and I'm not saying that other peoples opinions on the matter are wrong but it's horrible to think someone would let a child suffer because of their own naive views.

Years
What is your stance on Euthanasia?
I support it- If someone is in pain or in coma - and he or she is not going to have a normal life after that they should be Euthanised- by not having normal life I mean people who will be locked on the bed - who won't be able to do anything on their own and who won't be able to walk for sure.

At what age do you think someone should have the plug pulled?
It doesn't matter weather the person is kid or is adult - the age doesn't really matter.

Years
A statement I've heard before is Pain is living. To some extent I agree with this statement because I always feel that Pain makes us into our unique selves, however, in the case of a person being terminally ill I feel that Euthanasia is the kindest thing a person can do.

There is a slight aspect of, Well I wouldn't call it grief or satisfaction from helping someone die but that moment would stamp your being for a long time, to kill violently or to kill out of sympathy whichever way you look at it is still killing and that can effect the way we live.

In terms of helping terminally ill children I believe that depending on their age it should be entirely their decision, if the child is unable to make the decision it should be up to the parents of the child. It doesn't matter what someones opinion is on euthanasia until you experience something so devastating where a decision like that has to be made you will never fully understand it. A person's mind set is altered completely when experiencing issues like this.

My opinion on the people protesting are that they're idiots. I know it's a strong word to use and some may be intelligent but how can you protest letting a child suffer instead of letting them have a painless end.

The only issue I feel there is with euthanasia is the person or person who help a person end their life when they're terminally ill, are they going to be mentally strong enough not to overcome by what has happened, but if they can I believe they're heroes in disguise.

I physically feel sick when people say euthanasia is wrong, It's just how I've always felt and I'm not saying that other peoples opinions on the matter are wrong but it's horrible to think someone would let a child suffer because of their own naive views.

Well, you have to consider the issue from both sides to understand why someone, especially family members, would never consider euthanasia as a method of ending a life. Families and relatives are prime examples of people who probably would not resort to the usage of euthanasia towards their own loved ones because they would prefer to have their physical existence with them; it seems more real to them than the whole idea of their "soul" being with them forever. Though I do wonder, for those individuals who are absolutely for/against euthanasia in regards to their own family members, would their mind change if it involved someone else? Personally, family member or not, euthanasia should be a viable option because I'm a firm believer in not letting someone suffer through the rest of their life regardless of age. Whether it be an elderly individual bound for the heaven train or a child who has the unfortunate fate of being medically ill, families shouldn't let their selfishness manifest into thinking that they're doing what's best for said person.

Back