• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you allowed to stay off school on your Birthday ?

Years
My birthday is at the ninth of January, so I don't think so. And my parents really don't let me stay home, they're very strict.

Well... answers exactly what I was going to say, same birthday and all. Only once when I had school did I stay home on my birthday, and that's because I had the flu.

Years
Don't you think it's better to go to school and celebrate your birthday with your friends than staying home? Not so sure about people in college and university though, but for a person at a young age, I think going to school on your birthday would be more ideal.

Mine is during the summer anyways, so no need to go to school regardless.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
As I post this, It is actually my birthday today... and it falls on a Sunday... so no classes... :3

But it really depends since usually, November 5 is where we go back to school after our sem break... So... it is usually no classes yet... :3

Years
...people stay home for their birthdays?

For school, I would've never thought about asking about it. My parents would've said no. As for now, one of the exciting things about working a job is that I can ask for it off. I've only worked one birthday of the four I've had at my job thus far. 8)

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I've never really asked my parents that. Most of my birthdays fall on school days, but I still go to school. It's a lot more fun with my classmates than just staying home, waiting for my parents to get home from work.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
As I was growing up my Birthday/B'day always was on the first day after the summer holidays and was never allowed too stay home. I will let my daughter stay off school on her Birthday though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm 20. So if I want to stay home from school on my birthday, I will.

Exactly how I feel. On my birthday this year I skipped 2 of my 3 classes. In high school my mother gave me the option usually but as I got older I got less likely to take her up on it because getting the stuff you missed in school is a serious pain and I didn't like skipping school because of dealing with the day after.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
In the past I was only able to skip school if it happened to land on Memorial's Day because you had school off anyways. So with that said, unless school wasn't already off then no, I wasn't able to go. The past few years I didn't have school on my birthday anyways so it hasn't mattered.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm not in school right now so on my last birthday I was home. Apart from that I have never stay home from school on my birthday. When I finally get into college I might do it once or twice.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Often my parents were willing to let it go when I was younger. Come High School though I didn't even want the day off because one day behind would mean having to play catch-up. Never really was worth it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm not living at home so it's not really a case of asking for permission, but when I was at home I never wanted to skip school anyway, even if it was my birthday. Catching up with missed work was always a huge pain and if I went into school I could spend the day with my friends, so it was the better choice for me. I can understand why people would want to skip school on their birthday, but it doesn't appeal to me personally :3

Ice Car

Banned
Years
When I was younger, sometimes, but my parents were good enough to not allow me to stay home unless I was really sick. Good parents, would always see through my lies and excuses for staying home from school. I complained about going to school on my Birthday as did a lot of other children, I'm sure. Right? Right?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My birthday is on a monday this year (November 19th), and I only have one class that day, so it'd probably be pointless to go. But the downside is that I think I have a project due that day so I can't afford to skip D:

In terms of staying home during birthdays in general, I don't at all. I wouldn't want to be bored at home during my birthday, where I can spend the day with my friends! :D

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I don't think I've ever gone to school on my birthday. Inconvenient to do something I don't find enjoyable on a day I should be enjoying.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Most years my birthday is on a Teacher Work Day, so no school for me. But if I do have school I would go for it, because it feels nice seeing your friends (and sometimes strangers) saying happy birthday to me.

(My birthday is on Election Day this year! Haha.)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I was never allowed to stay home from school for my birthday, nor would I ever have wanted to! Your birthday is the best day to go to school, you get all the attention and stuff!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I never really stayed home just for my birthday, I don't think. When I was younger, my parents would sometimes schedule a doctor or dentist appointment on my birthday and I'd get to take the rest of the day off which was great. Otherwise, I really liked going to school on my birthday! It's nice being able to share it with friends and most schools I went to would sing happy birthday or broadcast the day's birthdays over the PA during the morning announcements. You always felt extra special. :3

In high school it didn't matter as much so I don't remember anything specific there. In university, my birthday falls right near the end of the exam period and I've often had an exam either the day of my birthday or the day after so no time to relax and no classes to really skip anyway. :/

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Nope. I rather stay at school on my birthdays at the moment...(and they wouldn't consider a birthday for an excuse so that I can have a break...) 'cause I'm still living in an apartment...

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
No. My birthday and school didn't relate to each other. I had no reason not to attend school on my birthday. It may be my special day, but it wasn't too special a day where I was allowed to skip school. -> Plus, I got to celebrate my birthday in school with my classmates. That was the best bit. <- If I skipped school, I wouldn't have anyone but my family to celebrate it with. That would be quite sad and dull for a school kid, wouldn't it?

Back