• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YouTube Lately?

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Anyone having problems with YouTube lately? On Chrome, cache cleared, the videos load slowly with a lot of buffering. Is it just me? Wrong Forum?

Regards, Chris

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
I haven't noticed an slowdowns with lower-quality videos...

I have a fantastically slow connection, so I usually download higher quality YouTube videos before watching them using a UserScript. (This one.) And, while I'm not sure if it counts, I've noticed no slowdowns in downloading like this recently either.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I seem to experience this with Firefox also. Most videos I have to watch on 240p, because it buffers too much on 360p.... Can't understand it.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Funny you should bring that up because my friend was just talking about how slow Youtube's been for him recently. I haven't noticed anything in the past couple of days, but I used to have issues with the videos just plain not loading.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Don't you mean youtube always? There's literally always some problem like this. I'm getting the same thing.

Years
Youtube has been fine for me since the creation of this thread.. have y'all done any speedtests to make sure its not your internet connection causing the slowdown?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yep, insane buffering is hampering it down over here, and I need to empty my cache every 2-3 days otherwise the videos won't load or glitch up.

AllyJacqui

The one and only -
Years
Yep, I have these problems all the time. I thought it was just my internet - Aussie internet isn't the best - But I guess since others are having this problem, i guess not.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Youtube has been fine for me since the creation of this thread.. have y'all done any speedtests to make sure its not your internet connection causing the slowdown?
Just because it doesn't happen for every user doesn't mean that it isn't youtube's fault. It could only be for people with a certain browser, or OS, or video card, or ISP, or all of those things combined. In my case, I download at just under 30mbits/s, which is enough to watch dozens of 1080p videos at once, and yet I'm having trouble with 240p at times. And to test that it wasn't my internet, I started downloading a game on steam and got between 2-3mbs which is pretty much normal for steam.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Youtube has never been slow for me. Not unless I'm using my phone app, and even then most of the time it's fine. There's the off chance that it stops to buffer (the app), but that rarely happens.

Years
Just because it doesn't happen for every user doesn't mean that it isn't youtube's fault. It could only be for people with a certain browser, or OS, or video card, or ISP, or all of those things combined. In my case, I download at just under 30mbits/s, which is enough to watch dozens of 1080p videos at once, and yet I'm having trouble with 240p at times. And to test that it wasn't my internet, I started downloading a game on steam and got between 2-3mbs which is pretty much normal for steam.
You do have a point there, and I apologize for not even considering those factors you had mentioned. I have experienced stuff like this in the past with Youtube, though, and it may just be coincidental, but whenever I experience slow problems with Youtube, everyone else I know and talk to has Youtube problems as well unlike in this thread's instance to where it's pretty mixed with Youtube being slow to some but not others.

Back