• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm actually really excited about a lot of the old characters returning. :D

Brock, Misty, Voltner and such. So excited ;o; I hope we still get to see the old leaders, like Lenora since it's obvious her position has been filled as a Normal type leader. );

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm actually really excited about a lot of the old characters returning. :D

Brock, Misty, Voltner and such. So excited ;o; I hope we still get to see the old leaders, like Lenora since it's obvious her position has been filled as a Normal type leader. );

Now, come to think about it, it might be one of these things where we'll have to wait it out for more information, but Lenora being back? Uh... I hope this time isn't as difficult as the last go-around. :P Sure gave me trouble with that Watchog!

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
Years
If they are bringing the Gym Leaders of Kanto back, I hope all of them (meaning Sabrina) and I hope they bring her old look back, but as far as who is coming back for sure, I am glad Bianca is back, she made me laugh throughout B/W and kind of reminds me of Yui from K-ON. And I like her new look, she looks so cute. As for who I hope comes back: Sabrina (as mentioned), Archie, Maxie, Cyrus (could have escaped DW), Looker, and I hope Lenora is still a gym leader. I enjoy battling her and she was not that hard imo. I would also like to see HB Charles, Ghetsis, and Scott (he was awesome in Emerald).

blue

gucci
Years
corocoro-2.jpg

Just saw this and I'm so glad that's it's confirmed, this looks great and the fact that Cynthia, Green (Gary), Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine, Blaine, Giovanni, Volkner, Steven Stone, and Lance are all returning and hopefully more. Just can't wait for these games now! Also, is it just me or does the battle below Gary and diagonal to Lance the character look like Brendan?

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Volkner! he and Elesa could be shipped easier now haha. Glad to see the old Gym Leaders. What seems odd is that Steven might be the only one from Hoenn. Saving the other sprites for the remakes?

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
Years
corocoro-2.jpg

Just saw this and I'm so glad that's it's confirmed, this looks great and the fact that Cynthia, Green (Gary), Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine, Blaine, Giovanni, Volkner, Steven Stone, and Lance are all returning and hopefully more. Just can't wait for these games now! Also, is it just me or does the battle below Gary and diagonal to Lance the character look like Brendan?

Could be either Branden or Steven. Looks like one or the other.

blue

gucci
Years
Volkner! he and Elesa could be shipped easier now haha. Glad to see the old Gym Leaders. What seems odd is that Steven might be the only one from Hoenn. Saving the other sprites for the remakes?

That was my thought exactly, either that or some Hoenn leaders will be revealed soon after and then they are ready to be implemented into remakes but back onto topic, it's funny how they've used the same sprites from HGSS for the Kanto & Johto leaders from the looks of it anyway & I do think that is Brendan in one of the battle scenes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Also, is it just me or does the battle below Gary and diagonal to Lance the character look like Brendan?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

It's clearly Steven. I have no idea how can you see Brendan on that picture. Unless it's Brendan cosplaying Steven lol.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I'm guessing Blue/Green is going to be classified as a Champion and not Gym Leader, just due to the fact that he's next to Cynthia and on the other side there is Steven and Lance, so I'd assume Giovanni would be classed as a Gym leader then. XP This is clearly guess work though, since I don't understand any of the text.

I do really like the idea of PokeWood though. :D It sounds so much better than Musicals, and returning characters ftw!!! XD

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
Years
I'm guessing Blue/Green is going to be classified as a Champion and not Gym Leader, just due to the fact that he's next to Cynthia and on the other side there is Steven and Lance, so I'd assume Giovanni would be classed as a Gym leader then. XP This is clearly guess work though, since I don't understand any of the text.

I do really like the idea of PokeWood though. :D It sounds so much better than Musicals, and returning characters ftw!!! XD

But that would not make sense would it? The Team Rocket grunt was in BW 1 so if BW is based after Gen 2 wouldn't Giovanni be exposed? I'm guessing maybe he joins Ghetis in some plan. Idk. I mean maybe they ignore the timeline and he does appear as a gym leader.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
But that would not make sense would it? The Team Rocket grunt was in BW 1 so if BW is based after Gen 2 wouldn't Giovanni be exposed? I'm guessing maybe he joins Ghetis in some plan. Idk. I mean maybe they ignore the timeline and he does appear as a gym leader.

Yeah, I'm guessing it is just significant characters, and the placement is just coincidence. I completely forgot about the grunt in B/W, bur yeah, you're right. That would mean that Lance is still champion of Kanto unless Blue/someone else has become champion in the time between B/W and B2/W2 (doubt it though.) Maybe it is just significant characters -simple as. XP And that yeah, I'm just over-analysing things. XP

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Lack of Wallace as Champion makes me think that B2/W2 take place before R/S/E. To make it clear, I'd like Wallace to appear as Juan's student in B2/W2.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Introducing old characters concerns me since it could open the door to bring back a certain someone who I don't want to see since he's been in enough games already. At least he isn't on this list, and fortunately, none of the announced have been player characters and the Champions from each region have been accounted for, so I'm hopeful this bodes well that you-know-who will stay out of the game.

However Blaine, Surge, and Giovanni are win (even if I wish they went back to Blaine's old lab-coat look... he looked more epic that way). So I guess this means Giovanni's reformed now if he's appearing in this capacity? And I'm so glad they chose Steven over Wallace as Hoenn's Champ representative.

Regarding the Grunt, I've always thought he joined after Gio left the first time, so he likely wouldn't have seen the man in person; just heard of him through the rest of the team. When you encountered him in Cerulean, he seemed like a greenhorn to me xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wonder, since the gym leaders from Kanto/Johto look the same is BW perhaps a few months after GSCDPPHgss with BW2 three years post...
Either way I find the lack of Hoenn gym leaders interesting...perhaps they'll show off more Gen III and IV gym leaders (Volkner seems to be the only sinnoh one) later...or perhaps they're omitted for a reason...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I wonder, since the gym leaders from Kanto/Johto look the same is BW perhaps a few months after GSCDPPHgss with BW2 three years post...
Either way I find the lack of Hoenn gym leaders interesting...perhaps they'll show off more Gen III and IV gym leaders (Volkner seems to be the only sinnoh one) later...or perhaps they're omitted for a reason...
I think they'll still feature Hoenn and Sinnoh leaders, they just chose to show those specific ones. I hope we get to see Winona, Norman and Flannery.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I just realized, this is the first time that Hoenn members will have in battle sprites in a DS game...I hope the rest are redesigned ^_^, maybe cameo their new looks...
Norman, Watson,Wallace, Flannery, and Winnona are the one's I'm hoping to see the most...come to think about it how will the twins fit into this tournament...will there be a double's match? Oh and if so hopefully Chilli and his siblings will have a triple match...

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years
Wait a minute- is it just my imagination or does the person across the leader board from Erika look like Mars? That doesn't make any sense. Anyone know who that is? I've no idea.

Nah I'm pretty sure it's Misty.

Ah yes, so excited for this feature!. I kinda wish it was 6 on 6, but that probably would make the battles too long or tough or something idk. Some more Hoenn leaders and maybe... well nah I'm fine with no more Sinnoh but more Hoenn would be nice. I kinda wish they took the time to redesign the sprites and artwork and such though, although it's not that big of a deal.

Back