• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 27, 2022
I have a question! How can I edit pokemon after the 1020 ?? cause I have a rom with 1400 slots and I need to edit that! please someone help!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 12, 2018
Hi. Can gensuite be upgraded. It currently can manage up to 1020 only. Can u please upgrade it where it can edit up to 2040 pokemon?

KingJay

That Guy
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2017
Can I edit where I would find a pokemon in the wild on this? If so, how? If not, what tool would I use? I'm editing Fire Red.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
Hi,So used this to add 3 new pokes(expanded the pokedex) and after doing and saving the ROM crashes after the title screen! I am sorry if this problem has been addressed before (39 pages are one too many to look through lol) But can you please help?(also will these newly addedvpokes be used as opponents pokemon?(i use advance trainer)

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Dec 6, 2019
Okay so I'm probably just dumb but I was working on making a fun emerald from and when I went to test the changes, nothing had actually changed. I added an evolution to Beautifly and Dustox and neither worked, among other things. I feel like it has to do with .ini stuff because I don't really know what that is but a quick tutorial or something would be great because I'm really confused. ((Side note: What are the spawn evolution types?))

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Downloaded this because I can't bear to use pge on anything. I am using Dizzy egg's fresh emerald battle engine and expanded move tables, so all the level up learned move tables are stored with 3 bytes per move, not 2.

First thing I did was change the pointer you have in the rom for this, from 2 to 3. This just made it change the identifying byte of the rom without asking me and write a giant new waste of space ini with a 2 in its place. Then i decided to set the "use standard ini" byte to True and copy paste in my edited data over the top of the standard [bpee] data. This resulted in an error message about how malformed the ini was. I double checked, my values for everything that differs from the standard rombase (so move tables, move number, move names, ability number, etc) were all correct and working fine in the editor, and I tried making it pretend I had jambo151's patch on it but it just kept either reverting my changes or saying it was bugged. The only times I got it to read correctly were when it read bulbasaur's moves as ((((tackle)))) lv0, heat wave lv22 swallow lv 1 ((((leech seed))) lv0 etc!
It should be reading ((((tackle))) space 1, growl space 1, (((leech seed))) space 0
I also tried setting the value to 4, which obviously didn't work. It seems to be screwing up the level completely, but I mean it's pretty clear what's going on. PGE finds no issue at all once I've edited the ini correctly. Any idea what I've done wrong??

Okay so I'm probably just dumb but I was working on making a fun emerald from and when I went to test the changes, nothing had actually changed. I added an evolution to Beautifly and Dustox and neither worked, among other things. I feel like it has to do with .ini stuff because I don't really know what that is but a quick tutorial or something would be great because I'm really confused. ((Side note: What are the spawn evolution types?))

spawn evolution types are nincada making shedinja, I think.

What's possibly happened is you've made two tables for evolution data, one of which is referenced by the game itself and the other of which is a massive dud left earlier in the rom so the first one found by this thing when it searches. Have you been asked to repoint things or ticked any boxes asking old data not to be overwritten??

Can I edit where I would find a pokemon in the wild on this? If so, how? If not, what tool would I use? I'm editing Fire Red.
use "MEH"

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Downloaded this because I can't bear to use pge on anything. I am using Dizzy egg's fresh emerald battle engine and expanded move tables, so all the level up learned move tables are stored with 3 bytes per move, not 2.

Thats why you are suggested to use PGE.
this tool is no longer being updated and PGE has support for 3 byte learnset.

luuma

Years
Thats why you are suggested to use PGE.
this tool is no longer being updated and PGE has support for 3 byte learnset.

ew no, with pge you have to scroll down to the move rather than type its name. it's straight up the worst possible ui for entering in move data, I'd rather just use windhex

Anyone looking for a solution, what I did instead was go into the src folder in the main folder of the battle engine, and find the c file marked "Learnsets" and edit it. It's so, so much easier than pge. Shoutout to blah on the irc.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
ew no, with pge you have to scroll down to the move rather than type its name. it's straight up the worst possible ui for entering in move data, I'd rather just use windhex

Anyone looking for a solution, what I did instead was go into the src folder in the main folder of the battle engine, and find the c file marked "Learnsets" and edit it. It's so, so much easier than pge. Shoutout to blah on the irc.

You're not doing it right then...

luuma

Years
You're not doing it right then...
What's the right way, man? I can't enter in the precise name of moves on my copy of your software, so I have to just keep moving to a rough location and tapping the first letter to scroll through. That's a pain in the ass for anything with more than say 200 moves.

Typing things out into the c files in the battle upgrader is easier and faster, and also makes changing the order a piece of cake with copy and paste. The same benefit is there for hex editors! Typing the two bytes I need off of the bulbapedia list of moves takes way less time than hitting the letter s 5 times in a row, clumsily missing the move I want, and having to scroll up and do it again. Am I missing a secret keyboard shortcut? I haven't found any yet!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
What's the right way, man? I can't enter in the precise name of moves on my copy of your software, so I have to just keep moving to a rough location and tapping the first letter to scroll through. That's a pain in the ass for anything with more than say 200 moves.

Typing things out into the c files in the battle upgrader is easier and faster, and also makes changing the order a piece of cake with copy and paste. The same benefit is there for hex editors! Typing the two bytes I need off of the bulbapedia list of moves takes way less time than hitting the letter s 5 times in a row, clumsily missing the move I want, and having to scroll up and do it again. Am I missing a secret keyboard shortcut? I haven't found any yet!
Type part of name, then hit the down arrow.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 15, 2017
Can someone help me add sprites to fire red using this? After adding the front sprite I try adding the back sprite but for some reason, the pallet changes. I check to make sure all the colors were the same and they are, I don't know how to fix this could someone help me?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Can someone help me add sprites to fire red using this? After adding the front sprite I try adding the back sprite but for some reason, the pallet changes. I check to make sure all the colors were the same and they are, I don't know how to fix this could someone help me?
I don't know how to fix your issue, but I know that if it also happens with Wichu's Advanced Series then there's something wrong with your sprite.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 15, 2017
Here is a screenshot of the issue. I noticed that the order that the pallet is in switches for some odd reason. maybe that could be the problem.

screenshot_20170813_025257.png

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Here is a screenshot of the issue. I noticed that the order that the pallet is in switches for some odd reason. maybe that could be the problem.

View attachment 82770
Okaaaaay? It's because the layout of a sheet that Pokemon uses should be "Normal Front, Shiny Front, Normal Back, Shiny Back". That's what those boxes are for. Your best shot? Make a 256x64 spritesheet.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 15, 2017
Okaaaaay? It's because the layout of a sheet that Pokemon uses should be "Normal Front, Shiny Front, Normal Back, Shiny Back". That's what those boxes are for. Your best shot? Make a 256x64 spritesheet.

Ok, I tried this and the Normal sprites worked but the shinnies didn't. I also checked how the other sprites were laid out and its "Front Normal - Back Normal - Front Shinny - Back Shinny". Also the Advance series doesn't have working downloads and Norton says the version I have is unsafe.

screenshot_20170813_182305.png

screenshot_20170813_182215.png

Back