• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Faking Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
When making cards
1 - Use the correct fonts and font sizes.
The fonts are available in a zip attached to this post and on pokemonzeo.com Tutorials including font sizes are also there.

2 - Always be original

Don't make all your attacks carbon-copies of real-life cards' attacks. Be original, be unique. If you're attacks are too strong or too weak, others can post possible ways to fix this or you can leave it overpowered.

3 - Not all cards have to be serious.
Along the lines of the creativity aspect I mentioned before, not all cards have to be serious. You can make cards like "OMG WTF PWN MEWTWO" and "Thanksgiving Ho-Oh" with crazy, super-overpowered, or just plain silly effects. Even the official tcg did this (ever hear of Imakuni?'s Doduo?).

4 - Never use "place."
The tcg never uses the word "place." It always uses "put." Don't ask why, that's how it is.

5 - Use spellcheck.
If you're not sure on how to spell a word, put it in spellcheck or use a dictionary.

When grading cards
1 - Point out any and all errors you see.
Help a fellow faker out, disclose the location of any error you see on their card.

2 - Give reasons for your ratings
Tell why you like or dislike something. Don't make posts like "cool" or "that sucks," explain why it's cool or sucks (well don't explain why it sucks, explain why you don't like it).

3 - A simple thank you goes a long way
Don't ignore people rating your cards. Thank them or acknowledge (and possibly correct) any mistakes they point out. If you ignore them, they're likely to start ignoring you.

Other questions and things
Q. Where do I get blanks and symbols?
Fangking is a renowned blank/symbol maker. He wrote the book on Hidden Legends and beyond faking (well it was just a tutorial XD). You can find his blanks and symbols here.

Q. I can't draw, where can I find pics of Pok?mon?
You can use handy-dandy Google and run an image search, or you can use the work of our good friend, Ken Sugimori, which can be found on the official Japanese Pok?mon site's Pok?dex (click on the greenish button with a picture of a Pok?dex).

This thread is open.
Please suggest any thing you think should be added, changed, or removed. Also correct any errors you may find.

This thread is stickied.
Please read it before going all postal (post, postal, get it? hahaha, ummm yeah) on us. Oh wait, guess you're reading it now. Oh well. Tell your new friends that just joined to read it then I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
Years
Good stuff Shadow XD
but I can add more if you don't mind.

Be Cautious
I'd add, be careful and take a closer look at the finishing touch, more errors that you think might be can be in there. And be more serious about the things that effect your work and if you aren't reluctant to try hard enough, you might even get famous XD (er, ok lets not get TOO far) You don't have to be a perfectionist to impress others, give in your work and you'll get tons of good replies, along with constructive criticism. Without the help of other people, you can never become good.

User design, User hot
Always remember this is YOUR card, you can put any kind of strange mechanism into your card, as long as it fits the benefit of making a fake card.
And also, when rating another persons card and you don't think its appropiate, you don't have to criticise, keep the bad words to yourself, and use your more intelligent language to guide others to their liking and average skill.

Others' Work
When you are rating others' work, and you help them to make better cards, don't kill the way they make cards, like don't destroy their sense of style.
Instead, you can use ways to change the things bad in the card, not the things the person does and names. Really recommend this tip.

There XD I hope they work.
Signed, Akira

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
PPNSteve said:
yeah.. i do.

i've updated the zip file, it's now complete with all needed fonts..

Thanks to me.....

Anyways, those are all the correct fonts. I like thew Unown font the best since it's interesting. Goos for making Unown cards and such. Good work assembling them ;)

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
Years
Wow your clueless.
And whats with all those stupid sprites iny our sig? Man why do people put meaningless sprites you can get from a ROM into their sigs. *sigh*

The Great Saiyaman

Lets heat things up!
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2006
You actually changed your sig because of him?! You don't have to listen to him he can't do anything unless he is an Smod,mod or Admin because then I'm screwed.

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
Years
Its not like i said your sig was totally shameful. -.- I can understand why young people (YOUR 16?!) like well people like putting cute lil sprites in their sigs for the sake of putting cute lil sprites in their sigs. I for one doesnt like that kind of stuff since it makes sigs look ugly and it makes the community look a lot childish that normal. I just hope i didnt come out of the curtains TOO bad for you. >X Apologize for any seizures i couldve commited. And for The Great Saiyaman, the staff arent the whole forum's government. ANd plus, what i said is probaly what goes around in some peoples mind at time to time. So please mind what you say about people that arent staff. We are not plastic crap typing on keyboards thank you ^^ Now i think no one else should post in this thread unless you are on topic about faking pointers you can write down. Most of it is already put down so yeah. Peace, kapeesh? XD

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2006
does any1 else know where to get blanks because the link posted goes on and on about hosting and what not??

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
corral said:
does any1 else know where to get blanks because the link posted goes on and on about hosting and what not??

Go to Pokemonpalace.com

Steve nearly has all the blanks and Acessories there.

EDIT: Link to the new database for the fake cards has been updated. Check the first post and click "Here" in the subject on where to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back