• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
a trainer in Kanto said that you can get the gym leaders phone numbers if you meet them outside of their gym on a certain day and time, and it was different for each leader, I would like to ask, where and when is Falkner located in SoulSilver? he is my all time favorite gym leader, and I want him to be the first gym leader that I get the number for

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
a trainer in Kanto said that you can get the gym leaders phone numbers if you meet them outside of their gym on a certain day and time, and it was different for each leader, I would like to ask, where and when is Falkner located in SoulSilver? he is my all time favorite gym leader, and I want him to be the first gym leader that I get the number for

Falkner can be found in Celadon Department Store's 4th floor talking to Janine at any point in the day every Monday.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2011
Hey people ive recently just traded my kadabra, had it evolved and now i want to give my new alakazam an even further boost of its psychic attacks with either the mind plate or the odd incense but my question is which one will give the biggest boost?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Hey people ive recently just traded my kadabra, had it evolved and now i want to give my new alakazam an even further boost of its psychic attacks with either the mind plate or the odd incense but my question is which one will give the biggest boost?

I'm pretty sure both give the same boost, which is 1.5x if I remember. Although an item like a Life Orb or Choice Specs will be even better, since a Life Orb increases the power of all your moves and specs increases all of your special attacks (which Alakazam runs) it's up to personal preference whether you run the plate or incense.

PelipperMail

Banned
Years

I'm pretty sure both give the same boost, which is 1.5x if I remember. Although an item like a Life Orb or Choice Specs will be even better, since a Life Orb increases the power of all your moves and specs increases all of your special attacks (which Alakazam runs) it's up to personal preference whether you run the plate or incense.

It's actually 1.2x, for both of them. So there is no advantage using one over the other.

Years
3ds

[SIZE="a"]I have been having problems connecting to wifi with my heartgold and my 3ds. When I try to connect it says there isn't a access point found. When I test the Internet on the system it works fine and when playing black the Internet is normal. Any help? Does it have something to do with heartgold not working on the 3ds?[/SIZE]

bobandbill

one more time
Years
[COLOR=#a]I have been having problems connecting to wifi with my heartgold and my 3ds. When I try to connect it says there isn't a access point found. When I test the Internet on the system it works fine and when playing black the Internet is normal. Any help? Does it have something to do with heartgold not working on the 3ds?[/COLOR]
HGSS should work fine on the 3DS, as should basically any other DS game on the 3DS - and if it worked on a regular DS it shoudl also work for the 3DS too, internet connections. Check the internet connection/that you actually set it up properly for your 3DS first (maybe you're using an odd setting on HG only?). There's also this thread here about wifi issues that may be of some help to you.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
@justinrpg: Red should be a breeze with a team at that level. I beat him with a pure Ground-type team all around level 60, so you should be fine.

EDIT: Re-checked and my team was around Level 70, not 60.

I still think it can be done with a well-trained and balanced Level 60 team.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Q : do you know what's the best place to raise your entire team to Lv 100?

I'd say Mt. Silver. It has the highest level Pokemon (wild ones anyway) in the whole game. Or you could do a lot of gym leader rematches, they usually build up the EXP. Give your Pokemon a lucky egg, it'll be so much easier that way. :3c

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Adding on to the above, rebattling gym leaders, although rebattling the E4 will offer more in exp per Pokemon (higher levels), and each time you beat the champion again Red will reappear on Mt Silver.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
in SoulSilver, my Pokémon are evenly leveled at level 75... would I be able to take on Red at Mt. Silver? or do I still need to train?

@justinrpg: Red should be a breeze with a team at that level. I beat him with a pure Ground-type team all around level 60, so you should be fine.

EDIT: Re-checked and my team was around Level 70, not 60.

I still think it can be done with a well-trained and balanced Level 60 team.

No problems should be there, I beat him with my lvl 60s team. With only one in the mid 60s, the rest in the low. Believe me, even if he is the strongest trainer in gen IV, he is certainly not the hardest to beat.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
Can someone help me with trading? I have a Pokemon on Pearl that I wan't to trade to my Soul Sliver. I've traded a few times before, but it won't work anymore! I go into the Union room in both games but I don't see my other player. When I talk to the lady, she says that i'm the only one in here! Why won't it work? Can someone help me?? I beaten Pearl, and I have 7 badges in SS. I even traded from Pearl to my SS game before like 2 months ago, but it doesn't work anymore, help?

EDIT: NVM. I just found out I had the wireless button on one of my 3ds's off.....why do i always figure these things out AFTER I finally post the question? It works now...I see myself... -_-

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
The only way to get lugia in platinum wothout cheating/hacking is using Pal Park to transfer a lugia form a 3rd generation game. You can always use action replay but you will need to find out how to from a different site cause this site dosent allow that kind of stuff. If you really want lugia you could always buy SoulSilver and cath it on that. Good luck findin Lugia. :D

You can also trade Lugia from soul silver to platinum so theres no need to pal park it from 3rd gen

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
I am having an issue with SoulSilver... I haven't played the game in 4 days but all the Apricorn trees are still fruitless and the Poke Ball creator is still working and says he is busy... what is going on here and how do I fix this?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I am having an issue with SoulSilver... I haven't played the game in 4 days but all the Apricorn trees are still fruitless and the Poke Ball creator is still working and says he is busy... what is going on here and how do I fix this?

Did you switch DSes or mess with the clock? That might have something to do with it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I had "clock error" problem in White. It got fixed automatically in few days. So i suggest you to wait few days and try again or just reset your game. And Heart Gold/Soul Silver is good game to replay. I just reset my Soul Silver and it's fun to play from the beginning.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That's enough to do that though (because they never thought about daylight savings I guess when implementing that when people tried to cheat the system via time changing). As said wait a bit (you probably should still play it though a bit while doing so, maybe that extends the process).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back