• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
username: Niall
type: Bug (only because in my opinion they are the weakest type)
single or ultimate: Ultimate

p.s ill post with a pic when ive beaten the elite 4 only cos im lazy and its alot of effort doing it every time i beat gym :)

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Update #5

Evolved Shelder into Cloyster after learning Ice Beam.
Defeated Blaine.
Defeated Giovanni.
Defeated Rival.
Completed Victory Road.
Gyarados wiped Lorelies whole team with Thunder Bolt and Fire Blast.
Slowbro Surfed the Onix and Psychic the Fighters.
Slowbro used Psychic on Agathas whole Team.
Gyarados defeated Lance's Gyarados with Thunderbolt and the rest were defeated by Cloysters Ice Beam.
And for the rival click the Spoiler.
Spoiler:

th_Pokemon%20Blue_zpsdd172854.png

th_Pokemon%20Blue2_zps84d83113.png
th_Pokemon%20Blue3_zpsf9cecc59.png

th_Pokemon%20Blue4_zps987a3e43.png
th_Pokemon%20Blue88_zps4f1a7821.png

th_Pokemon%20Blue5_zpsf8ca4178.png
th_Pokemon%20Blue6_zpsc9204b1f.png

th_Pokemon%20Blue87_zps2950c6ce.png
th_Pokemon%20Blue8_zps1aec3008.png

th_Pokemon%20Blue11_zps22831b56.png
th_Pokemon%20Blue12_zpsf5005ae7.png

th_Pokemon%20Blue9_zps6588cb32.png
th_Pokemon%20Blue10_zps055a1866.png

Update #1 on Crystal

Started the game and named myself Aryan.
Got Crooc the Totodile.
Caught Toad the Poliwag.
Defeated Falkner.
Caught Woop the Wooper.
Caught Sloo the Slowpoke.
Totodile Evolved.
Defeated Bugsy AND Rival.

Spr_2c_158.gif
LVL 19

SCRATCH,RAGE,LEER,WATER GUN

Spr_2c_060.gif
LVL 19

BUBBLE,HYPNOSIS,WATER GUN,DOUBLE SLAP

Spr_2c_079.gif
LVL 18

CURSE,GROWL,TACKLE,WATER GUN

Spr_2c_194.gif
LVL 18

WATER GUN,SLAM,TAIL WHIP,MUD SLAP

Last edited:
Years
Been super busy lately so my progress has been slowing down dramatically!

Small update:
-caught Silcoon and evolved into Beautifly
-Beat Roxanne
-Beat Brawly
-Saved

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
just beat pokemon blue
1UFEs.png

6Abwi.png

KpAQn.png

2iF0j.png

jmIgh.png

i also had a butterfree level 65 but i forgot to screen capture its entry

ima put my bug challenge on hold for abit cos i really wanna do a dragon mono type challenge :D

Last edited:
Years
Username: GolurkIsDaBomb
Single or Ultimate: Single
Game(s): Sapphire
Monotype: Poison
Team: Undecided as of right now but definitely Dustox

I'd like to do a poison monotype in Sapphire. I even have my first update!

-Named myself Golurk and did all the pregame stuff (destroyed May got pokeballs etc (with torchic so my rivals main pokemon will be a bit of a challenge ;D)
-Caught a female wurmple, named her belladonna (as in the poisonous plant, also known as nightshade)
-trained her to level seven and.... cascoon!
-helped Wally, beat all trainer up to Roxanne
-challenged roxanne and failed, so I went to the Petalburg Wood, only to discover...
-
Spoiler:

-Trained up Cyanide to level seven and....cascoon! YESSSS!
-That's all for now! :D

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Update #2 on Crystal.

Defeated Whitney.
Defeated Morty.
Caught Sparky the Chinchou and Lapis the Lapras.
Many of my pokemon evolved.

Spr_2c_159.gif
LVL 27

CUT/SURF/ICE PUNCH/BITE

Spr_2c_061.gif
LVL 27

ICE PUNCH/HYPNOSIS/SURF/HEADBUTT

Spr_2c_195.gif
LVL 27

SURF/ROLLOUT/MUD SLAP/STRENGTH

Spr_2c_170.gif
LVL 27

THUNDER WAVE/SPARK/FLAIL/SURF

Spr_2c_131.gif
LVL 27

SURF/BODY SLAM/CONFUSE RAY/SING

Spr_2c_079.gif
LVL 27

HEADBUTT/SHADOW BALL/CONFUSION/SURF

SanityStealer

Lilbluebox
Years
Ooh, this looks like fun! Let's start with bugs and work our way through the Ultimates, shall we?

For this challenge, the heroine is Cora, who travels throughout the five regions with her bug Pokemon on a dare from her older brother. Updates will be written in short journal entries, with Pokemon and trainer stats at the bottom.

NOTE: Because of the connection between Kanto and Johto, I'll be switching around some of the narration once I get to the Johto region so that she'll beat Red right after beating the Elite Four for the 'first' time (I'll put in a few non-journal entries so you guys can still see my real progress). Most of the Pokemon will also remain the same from FireRed to SoulSilver, to keep that continuity. After SoulSilver, things will proceed as they normally would and the teams will change accordingly.

Username: SanityStealer
Single or Ultimate: Ultimate
Game(s): FR - SS - S/E - D/Pl - Bl/Bl2
Monotype: Bugs
Team: Butterfree, Beedrill, Parasect, Venomoth, Scyther

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Update #3 on Crystal.

Cleared the Lighthouse.
Covered the sea routes.
Defeated Chuck.
Croconaw and Chinchou evolved.
Defeated Jasmine.
Completed Team Rocket Base at Mahagony.
Defeated Pryce.
Completed Ice Path.
Trained my pokemon to lvl 40.
Poliwhirl and Slowpoke evolved.
Defeated Clair.
Completed Victory Road.
Trained my pokemon to lvl 45 for the Elite Four.
Slowbro soloed Lance with Shadow Ball and Icy Wind.
Quagsire soloed Koga with Rollout.
Lanturn and Slowbro defeated Bruno with Hp Flying and Surf and COnfusion.
Feraligatr and Lanturn were used for defeating Karen.
Lanturn sparked Gyarados and rest of them were defeated by Lapras.
Receaved S.S. Ticket.

Spr_2c_160.gif
LVL 46

SURF/ICE PUNCH/SLASH/EARTHQUAKE

Spr_2c_186.gif
LVL 45

SURF/WATERFALL/BODY SLAM/ICE PUNCH

Spr_2c_195.gif
LVL 46

EARTHQUAKE/SURF/ROLLOUT/STRENGTH

Spr_2c_080.gif
LVL 46

SHADOW BALL/ICY WIND/CONFUSION/SURF

Spr_2c_171.gif
LVL 46

SPARK/SURF/THUNDER WAVE/HP FLYING

Spr_2c_131.gif
LVL 46

SURF/ICE BEAM/CONFUSE RAY/BODY SLAM

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Update #3 on Crystal.

Reached Kanto.
Defeated all the Gym Leaders.
Trained to level 65.
Defeated Red.

Spr_2c_160.gif
LVL 65

SURF/ICE PUNCH/SLASH/EARTHQUAKE

Spr_2c_186.gif
LVL 65

SURF/WATERFALL/BODY SLAM/ICE PUNCH

Spr_2c_195.gif
LVL 65

EARTHQUAKE/SURF/ROLLOUT/STRENGTH

Spr_2c_080.gif
LVL 65

SHADOW BALL/ICY WIND/PSYCHIC/SURF

Spr_2c_171.gif
LVL 65

SPARK/SURF/HYDRO PUMP/HP FLYING

Spr_2c_131.gif
LVL 65

SURF/ICE BEAM/HYDRO PUMP/BODY SLAM

SanityStealer

Lilbluebox
Years
Property of Cora

KEEP OUT!

(If found, please mail to Daisy in Pallet Town. HER I trust.)

Day 1

I started on my quest to make Kendall eat his words today. He thinks that bug Pokemon suck? Fine. I'm going to prove him wrong. You know, after I kick Xavier to the curb for being an - um - word best not written down here. Just in case somebody reads it and thinks I'm some foul-mouthed little girl. Which I'm not, since, you know, Xavier deserves being called words way worse than jerk and I'm twelve. So. Not a little girl anymore, ha!

Anyway.

I was all set to go down to Viridian Forest and catch a Caterpie, but the stupid Professor wouldn't let me leave Pallet! He nearly gave me a heart attack, jumping at me like that. Come on, Professor, get with the program. It takes about half an hour to walk to Viridian and I've done it loads of times before. When I told him my plan, though, he got this look in his eye, let me pick a Pokemon, and told me to go 'hurry along, then'. Which would almost make him cool, except then I had to waste half the day walking back and forth delivering stuff to him - and now, apparently, I have to fill up this stupid thing called a PokeDex. Blah.

And some old dude shoved an old TV in my face. I dropped it in the first dumpster I found. It was REALLY heavy.

Okay, so, dumped the TV, went into Viridian Forest, found this adorable little Caterpie, caught her, named her Victoria (she and Shelly - oh, yeah, Shelly's a Squirtle - got along really well) - and then was forced to fight weirdos in shorts with bug nets who called themselves bug catchers.

Victoria pretty much kicked their butts. Well, one of their butts. After the first guy, this little Weedle attached herself to my arm and wouldn't let go, so I caught her and named her Honey. She's really affectionate and hasn't poisoned me yet!

I was kinda surprised by how fast these things evolve, though. Victoria and Honey evolved TWICE while I was lost in Viridian Forest! So now I've got Butterfree and a Beedrill! It was really helpful, actually. They got a lot stronger, plus they got wings, so they could help me get out of that stupid forest.

I'm in Pewter City now. It's HUGE. I found the Pokemon Center and I'm staying the night here. In the morning, I'm going to challenge Brock. I think we can handle it.

Day 2

Whew. What a day.

Okay, so Brock was not easy. I still don't know how I managed to beat him. I think I got really incredibly lucky. And it took forever!

One of the Professor's aides tracked me down afterwards and gave me a pair of sneakers. I'm not sure what was wrong with my old ones, but these are nice. They're even in my size. I bet my mom's behind this. I put them on, and now my feet hurt because the shoes aren't broken in yet. Blah. I hope they'll be better tomorrow, since that's when I'll be tackling Mt. Moon.

I'm so glad I have a flashlight.

Right, so, got to the entrance of Mt Moon and they have a Pokemon Center here. Too tired to write anymore. Night.

Day 3

I hate Mt. Moon. I hate Team Rocket. I hate science nerds who get all possessive over crap that I don't even want. I hate Zubat.

I HATE ZUBAT SO MUCH.

There are thousands of them in Mt. Moon, and they're EVERYWHERE. Seriously. I checked. After the seventh one attacked me, I aimed my flashlight at the cave ceiling? It didn't look like a cave ceiling. It looked like a blue velvety mass.

I was very quiet after that.

Or at least, I tried to be. Turns out that there's some group of fanatic idiots wearing black with red 'R's on their chests calling themselves Team Rocket. I'm not entirely sure what they doing, but they kept on getting in my way and challenging me to battles, which disturbed the Zubat and sent them after me. They weren't hard battles, just... annoying.

I made a new friend, though. Poor Agatha was hiding behind a boulder from some Zubat, so I beat off the Zubat and she's been following me ever since. I finally put her in a Pokeball so that I'd stop accidentally stepping on her.

Anyway, I was almost out of Mt. Moon, and some lunatic in a lab coat screamed at me that the fossils were his, darn it, and that he wasn't sharing! He made me fight him (Agatha's not bad with her claws, and I pity the person who makes Honey angry), then tossed a fossil at my face, grabbed the other, and ran.

Ugh. What is WRONG with people?

So. Got out of Mt. Moon. Spent another fifteen minutes walking to Cerulean and another twenty trying to find the stupid Center.

My feet hurt.

Day Four

Well. Today was weird.

Xavier cornered me today. I was trying to go up to the Cape, and he barreled down the bridge, called me a loser, and challenged me to a battle before I could say anything. I have to say, I'm proud of my Pokemon. They were awesome and kicked his butt. He didn't admit it though, and just insulted me again, gave me something called a Fame Checker, and left.

I don't know whether to feel pleased or mad. One on hand, insults. On the other, present. Whatever. It's not a really useful present anyway, since I don't CARE about famous people.

Not that it matters much since I keep on running into them...

ANYWAY. I crossed the bridge, beat the trainers, got the prize - oh my Arceus, THIS IS REAL GOLD - and then ran into a badly disguised Team Rocket member who tried to get me to join up. Since he wouldn't listen to reason, I had to have my Pokemon beat up his Pokemon before he'd leave me alone.

And I might have punched him in the face. Maybe.

But yeah, he left me alone, so I wandered on up to the Cape, went inside this house and...

...Met. Bill.

Who had somehow managed to fuse himself with a Clefairy.

...Yeah.

Think about this for a second.

...I helped him get unfused, he gave me a ticket to a boat party that's not until next week, and then ran. What is wrong with everyone? I haven't managed to go ONE DAY without meeting some weirdo!

Ugh.

I decided to try to beat Misty, and... it was really easy. I'm not sure why, but it was. So, yay! New TM and shiny badge for me~

I'm leaving this place tomorrow. Misty's cool, and I've got a nugget of real gold - I still can't believe they give this stuff away - but I can't wait to get out of here. Please let me meet normal people tomorrow. Please.

Pokemon Stats

Butterfree/Female/Victoria
Lv21
Compoundeyes
Tackle/Sleep Powder/Supersonic/Confusion

Beedrill/Female/Honey
Lv21
Swarm
Poison Sting/Focus Energy/Twineedle/Fury Attack

Paras/Female/Agatha
Lv20
Effect Spore
Scratch/Stun Spore/Poisonpowder/Leech Life

Trainer Stats

Cora, Female
Age - 12
Badges - 2
PokeDex - 8

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
I've been busy so I haven't updated in a while, but I did get some more stuff done.

Mono-Water
Kanto Update 3:
  • Beat Team Rocket for the Silph Scope
  • Beat Marowak and got the Pokeflute
  • Beat Snorlax
  • Got the Super Rod
  • Caught Staryu
  • Caught Poliwag
  • Evolved Staryu into Starmie
  • Evolved Poliwag into Poilwhirl then Poliwrath
  • Taught Pokemon a bunch of TM moves
  • Got the Surf and Strength HMs
  • Beat Team Rocket (again)
  • Got Lapras as a gift
  • Beat Mini-Gym
  • Currently fighting the Psychic gym

Current Team:
Spoiler:

ゆりあき

"The Nature-Loving Gynoid!"
Years
  • Username: ゆりあき
  • Single or Ultimate: Ultimate
  • Game(s): G → HG → S → P → B → W2
  • Monotype: Grass
  • Team: TBD
A-ahaha... I had a hard time deciding which games I want to play, so the list might change slightly in the future.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Update #1 on Emerald

Started a new game and got Mudz the Mudkip.
Defeated May.
Caught Wings the Wingull and Weeds the Lotad.
Defeated Roxaine.
Mudkip and Lotad evolved.
Saved Peeko.
Reached Dewford.
Delivered the letter to Steven.
Trained my pokemon to level 20.
Defeated Brawly.

Spr_3e_259.gif
LVL 21

MUD SHOT/MUD SLAP/WATER GUN/TACKLE

Spr_3e_278.gif
LVL 21

WATER GUN/SUPERSONIC/WING ATTACK/STEEL WING

Spr_3e_271.gif
LVL 20

NATURE POWER/ABSORB/FAKE OUT/ASHTONISH

Years
I'm in!

Username: Inkblots
Game: Silver
Monotype: Fire
Team (currently): Quilava, Vulpix, Magmar

Day 1
Spoiler:

Day 2
Spoiler:

Day 3
Spoiler:

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Havent bothered with Plat in a while but was on a Marathon Streak lately sooooo

Beat Iron island Easily
Byron Fell to Gallade (lousy not evolving meditite)
Candice Fell to MEdicham
Cyrus was a Pain in the ASS mainly His Honchkrow you see for Darks i usually rely on my fighters
well Honchkrow is FLYING/Dark so that didnt work i DID kill it with 2 flash cannons and a Miracle Eye/Psybeam
Heading to Mt Coronet

TEAM
Espeon LV 42 (this thing DIDNT EVOLVE UNTIL LEVEL F**ING 37 THIRTY F**ING SEVEN!)
Psybeam
Quick Attack
Bite
Sand Attack

Gallade LV 41
Leaf Blade
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Drain Punch

Alakazam LV 43
Psybeam
Psychic
Miracle Eye
Recover

Medicham LV 42
Hi Jump Kick
Confusion
HP Fire
Strength

Bronzong LV 41
Extrasensory
Earthquake
Hypnosis
Flash Cannon

Gardevoir LV 42
Psychic
Confusion
Calm Mind
Magical Leaf

Currently heading to Mt Coronet

Years
Another VERY small update:

-Traveled to Slateport
-Beat Rival
-Tailow evolved to Swellow
-Beat Wally

I've been putting this on the side because I've been busy with school/work. However, expect a larger scale update tonight as I should be catching up!

Years
Wow. It's been a while.

HUGE update

-trained Cyanide up to level 20 (now a dustox)
-took down Roxanne with cyanide with some help from Belladonna
-saved Devon goods
-went to Dewford, caught a female tentacool named Arsenic
-gave Steven his letter
-went back to Rustboro and got exp share, for Arsenic
-went ahead and did team aqua stuff, then went ahead to route 110 (I think that's the rout that goes under the cycling road) and caught a female gulpin named Mercury and an oddish (decided to box oddish in place for future roselia)
-laughed in Brawly's face with Mercury
-took down May easily, reached Mauville and took down Wally. Caught a female roselia named Hemlock
-trained everyone up to level 23 or so
-took down Watson 9had to teach Mercury rock smash)
-went up past route 111, reached Fallarbor and caught a female Seviper named Venom on the route just a little below Fallarbor.
-Mercury evolved!
-oh noes! Team aqua stuff in Meteor Falls
-defeated team aqua
-took down flannery (it was a team effort)
-traded Mercury over to firered to delete rock smash, traded her back and retaught her yawn.

I may edit in my team and their movesets etc late. :D

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Hint psycho go to the game corner and buy thunderbolt and ice beam for starmie it's really good

Hi guys i'm back and now it's time for update 9#

-I trained jell-o to match up to the rest of the team thus evolving to tentacruel and learning barrier plus i gave him the giga drain tm to attack all those water types
-I flew to saffron city and battled all the team rocket grunt all across the building plus i got a lapras that i named ferry and deposited pincer for ferry also i rushed over celedon city to get a thunderbolt tm for ferry
-I battled gary in the building and swept him with ferry using ice beam on his pidgeot and venusaur surfed his alakazam and thunderbolted his gyarados to oblivion
-I battled giovanny for the 2nd time and it was a teamwork there jell-o surfed his rhyhorn spinner defeated his nidorino and nidoqueen with a single psychic and armor had to finish his kangaskhan with brick break and by defeating him the chairman gave me a master ball
- i then battled sabrina and was swept by aquaman's blackglasses boosted bite and spinner psychic for her venomoth and by defeating sabrina i get the marshbadge

in the next episode i'm letting you guys vote if you want me to defeat articuno and zapdos or heading to cinnabar island you have the choice

team

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
This is my first challenge ever.

Username: Demon.
Game(s):Sapphire.
Monotype: Grass
Team: Not sure. Currently consists of Grovyle, Shroomish, and Lombre. Plan on getting Cradilily and Tropius.

-Got starter, saved professor.
-Battled May, got pokedex.
-Left on my journey,got running shoes.
-Caught a lotad.
-Caught a shroomish in Petalburg woods.
-Battled team aqua member.
-Arrived in Rustboro City. Went past it for some training, evolved lotad into lombre, and treeko into Grovyle.
-Beat Rustboro Gym, and got the devon goods back.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
Right, here I go:

• Username: Sam
  • Single or Ultimate: Single
  • Game(s): Platinum
  • Monotype: Steel
  • Team: TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back