• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Best Moments

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
What were your moments where you started dancing in victory? Maybe you finally beat a trainer you've struggled with for so long. Figured out a tricky puzzle, finally found your way out of somewhere or something else...

This is the place to discuss your best tales from B/W!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I never danced in victory, but I might have made a fistpump once in a while. Can't remember when. I do know when I go challenge Cynthia someday and win, I will make one.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just so you know, there's a failing moments thread and that is a lot similar to your other half of the post so I edited that out and just left it at the best moments which is totally fine. n_n

Anyway best moments hmmm... for me one of the best was catching Zekrom on the first try, which excited me so much! ...until I realised that it was easy to catch anyways. BUT OH WELL IT WAS A GREAT TRIUMPHANT MOMENT FOR A SHORT WHILE. :3

Samurott665

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2012
hah, sort of the same moment for me, there, Forever. except I caught Zekrom with a Heal ball. by mistake. i was all, 'how on earth did I catch it with a /heal ball/..!?"

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I have a lot of great moments......

Catching Kyurem with a single Ultra Ball, that was luck.

Battling Cynthia, my dear Samurott was fighting her last 'Mon & I was left with not much HP left until it came through for me.

There's more, but I'm too tired to write them out, I have spent more than 7 hours trying to make a Pokemon club.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
hah, sort of the same moment for me, there, Forever. except I caught Zekrom with a Heal ball. by mistake. i was all, 'how on earth did I catch it with a /heal ball/..!?"

Because Reshiram and Zekrom have higher catch rates compared to other legendaries?

Anyway, one of my best moments was finally beating Ghetsis in Black. His Hydreigon was a massive pain to deal with because of its really good type coverage, but I managed to take him down in the end.

Sirfetch’d

My best moment was when I realized that there were no old Pokemon in the game(I did not look at spoilers before the release). It was a whole new adventure and all very fun.

Years
The time where you run into an ultra rare Pokemon in a patch of rustling grass (aka not an audino, something like an unfezant or leavanny or lilligant)
Hmm... Like many others, catching reshiram with a mere Pokeball, what luck
Some others, like encountering a shiny roamer.
And that feeling when you give away lvl 100's to newbies; so proud (but of course, badges)

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
My best moment: Owning Ghetsis with my Hydreigon Nyx. Just so you know, I was outraged that his Hydreigon was at Lv 54 (obviously hacked) while I had to work super hard to make my Zweilous evolve at the normal level of 64...
Plus I was annoyed with what he did to N...
So I released my pent-up frustration at him by KOing his Hydreigon in one hit and owning his team! :D :D :D
That showed him.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Well I was really happy when I beat Elesa. The first three gym leaders were pretty easy, so I was really bummed that she beat me on my first try. And second. And then I caught a Tympole, evolved it to Palpitoad and the rest is history. May not seem a big achievement, but it was my first defeat and I didn't quite get the hang of type advantages at the time (I was playing a Pokemon game for the first time).

And when I beat Cynthia. Her Spiritomb was too powerful, until I thought of using Odor Sleuth. I went with a Poochyena at first, but she was way under-leveled and got KO'ed on the first turn. Then I remembered Swoobat can use it as well, and I had my lvl 50 Swoobat who dodged Spiritomb's attack on the first turn. And then my Cobalion took care of the rest with its fighting moves :)

kierany9

Pokemon Master of the world
Years
Beating the Elite Four with a level 47 Unfezant & Throth, a level 43 Samurot, Stoutland & Emolga and a level 40 Pawniard. Beat Shauntal(The one I faced last) with just Stoutland and Unfezant. Everyone else had fainted and I was out of revives. Unfezant lost but Stoutland was unharmed.
I was screaming YES for at least a minute after that.

Years
Catching a Shiny Drilbur would have to be my best moment, cos months before I ran from a Shiny Boldore and I felt bad.

I even evolved my Drilbur into a Shiny Excadrill.

Also, beating Ghetsis when my Samurott was only at minimal HP. Also, I never lost to any Gym Leaders on the first try, which was totally awesome.

TheCollector

Merely a collector
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2014
Beating Ghetsis without any collected Ice-Pokémon to deal with his Hydreigon. Now I can die happily and not regret anything!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Beating Ghetsis without any collected Ice-Pokémon to deal with his Hydreigon. Now I can die happily and not regret anything!

But the question is whether you had any fighting types (or your own dragons) to attack it or not ;)

If you didn't, I'm sure that'd be a 10x better moment for you. XD

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

But the question is whether you had any fighting types (or your own dragons) to attack it or not ;)

If you didn't, I'm sure that'd be a 10x better moment for you. XD

I didn't have any ice, fighting or dragon-types, I beat him with my Dragon Tail Serperior, and yeah, that was also a great moment :D

Back