• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Bought an Xerneas tin:

Plasma Blast:
Rare Escavalier
Ace Spec G Scope

Legendary Treasures:
Thundurus Holo

XY: (1)
Rare Dugtrio
Reverse Holo Grumpig (rare)

XY: (2)
Rare Vivillon (holo)
Reverse Holo Zoroark (rare)

Kinda blah pulls but at least nabbed an Ace Spec and the reverse holos were rares.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went to Target and Walmart and got two Tins and 8 XY packs and something happened to me that I didn't think was possible, like one in a million.

Decided to give Darkrai another chance, my rares were a Scoop Up Cyclone Ace spec, Metagrosss Rev, and the rest were Non-holo rares. So probably won't get anymore of these.

The Yveltal Tin was more interesting, I got a Keldeo Ex and a Cobalion Rev in Legendary Treasures, also a Master Ball Ace Spec which was the only ace spec I was missing from Plasma Blast. But this wasn't the interesting part.

My commons in the first XY pack were ...... My uncommons were Volbeat, Shauna, Whirlipede, Fairy Garden, Delcatty, Diggersby Rev, Team Flare Grunt, Braixen and Evosoda and my rare was Simipour. Yes, I got 9 Uncommons and 1 Rare. My second time getting 4 trainers in one pack, 1st time getting 4 non holo trainers. I got my Xerneas Tin there and this didn't happen. I actually didn't notice at first, I skimmed through them as I usually do and noticed a trainer second in the pack and thought I did the trick wrong, but thought I was crazy for a minute, then relooked and checked each rating. I thought I didn't get a rare at all for a minute, very strange.

My rare in the second pack was Grumpig and my uncommons were Diggersby, Kakuna, Fairy Garden, Sableye, Corsola, Whirlipede Rev, Super Potion, Quilladin and Evosoda.
So from XY I got 18 uncommons in one XY tin.

In the 8 XY packs my rares

1. Arbok
2. Emolga Ex #2
3. Rhyperior
4. Gogoat
5. Conkeldurr, Aromatisse Rev
6. Starmie, Tauros Rev
7. Swellow
8. Xerneas Ex #2 and Greninja Rev

Last edited:
Years
Went to Target and Walmart and got two Tins and 8 XY packs and something happened to me that I didn't think was possible, like one in a million.

Decided to give Darkrai another chance, my rares were a Scoop Up Cyclone Ace spec, Metagrosss Rev, and the rest were Non-holo rares. So probably won't get anymore of these.

The Yveltal Tin was more interesting, I got a Keldeo Ex and a Cobalion Rev in Legendary Treasures, also a Master Ball Ace Spec which was the only ace spec I was missing from Plasma Blast. But this wasn't the interesting part.

My commons in the first XY pack were ...... My uncommons were Volbeat, Shauna, Whirlipede, Fairy Garden, Delcatty, Diggersby Rev, Team Flare Grunt, Braixen and Evosoda and my rare was Simipour. Yes, I got 9 Uncommons and 1 Rare. My second time getting 4 Uncommons in one pack, 1st time getting 4 non holo uncommons. I got my Xerneas Tin there and this didn't happen. I actually didn't notice at first, I skimmed through them as I usually do and noticed a trainer second in the pack and thought I did the trick wrong, but thought I was crazy for a minute, then relooked and checked each rating. I thought I didn't get a rare at all for a minute, very strange.

My rare in the second pack was Grumpig and my uncommons were Diggersby, Kakuna, Fairy Garden, Sableye, Corsola, Whirlipede Rev, Super Potion, Quilladin and Evosoda.
So from XY I got 18 uncommons in one XY tin.

In the 8 XY packs my rares

1. Arbok
2. Emolga Ex #2
3. Rhyperior
4. Gogoat
5. Conkeldurr, Aromatisse Rev
6. Starmie, Tauros Rev
7. Swellow
8. Xerneas Ex #2 and Greninja Rev

That is a ridiculously odd pack you had there for your first XY pack of this group. 9 uncommons? Was the line crew sleeping on the job? :P

"Congrats" on the second Emolga EX. :P

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Bought an Yveltal Tin and Xerneas Collection Box.

Yveltal Tin:

Plasma Blast:
Rare Reuniclus
Reverse Holo Ursaring (uncommon)

Legendary Treasures:
Reshiram Holo

Plasma Blast: (1)
Rare Conkeldurr
Reverse Holo Simisage (rare)

Plasma Blast: (2)
Rare Dugtrio
Reverse Holo Beedrill (rare)

Xerneas Collection Box:

Legendary Treasures:

Landorus Holo

Plasma Blast: (1)
Rare Cloyster
Reverse Holo Super Potion (Uncommon)

Plasma Blast: (2)
Rare Tauros
Reverse Rare Chesnaught (rare)

Plasma Blast: (3)
Rare Rhydon
Reverse Holo Kakuna (uncommon)

Been kinda blah pulls. Out of like 19 boosters, only one EX has been pulled: EmolgaEX. Zaaaaaaaap!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Picked up my first booster pack in what feels like forever. And while it's nothing amazing, I was happy to find a reverse holo Malamar, one of my favorite new Pokemon. I actually got it in one of the new coin blisters that came with a Salamence card. The rare card was Scolipede, which is another one I love, and I pulled a Spritzee so it was a happy booster pack all around.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went back to the Target I got the tins before, got another Yveltal tin, I filmed myself opening the tin and the packs and it happened again, of course I needed proof, my cards in

XY pack 1: Lunatone, Inkay(74), Fletchinder, Herdier, Super Potion, Bibarel Rev, Swellow, Inkay(74), Fletchinder and Herdier

So I got a rare reverse meaning you could supposedly get a common reverse in these packs, I just happened to get two uncommon revs in the previous tin, it seems this proves rares and revs are put in separately.
It also seems less likely to get a holo rare in these packs as I got 4 non-holo rares in 2 tins from XY. But I'm not positive.

I also got doubles in this pack which didn't happen in the first two packs. This pretty much confirms my idea that some cards are in "one part of the factory" and other cards are in another meaning you may get certain packs with the same commons in them and once in a while find a pack with different commons that aren't so common. I had Inkay 74, Fletchinder and Herdier in the same order twice in the same pack so these three must be paired up often.

Pack 2: Doublade, Team Flare Grunt, Gurdurr, Great Ball, Ledian, Yveltal Rev(Needed this one), Rhydon, Ledian, Diggersby and Corsola

So these tins are great for players, not so great for collectors like me so I won't be buying anymore at least not from this Target. Not that I need more commons, just the rare ratio doesn't seem great to me.

I haven't opened the rest, the other two packs, 4 XY boosters and another tin from 2013, so will post later on those.

Edit: Opened the others and only thing to note is a Blastoise ex, looking for full arts of Blastoise and Venusaur and think I'm close to finding them.

Last edited:

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Went back to the Target I got the tins before, got another Yveltal tin, I filmed myself opening the tin and the packs and it happened again, of course I needed proof, my cards in

XY pack 1: Lunatone, Inkay(74), Fletchinder, Herdier, Super Potion, Bibarel Rev, Swellow, Inkay(74), Fletchinder and Herdier

So I got a rare reverse meaning you could supposedly get a common reverse in these packs, I just happened to get two uncommon revs in the previous tin, it seems this proves rares and revs are put in separately.
It also seems less likely to get a holo rare in these packs as I got 4 non-holo rares in 2 tins from XY. But I'm not positive.

I also got doubles in this pack which didn't happen in the first two packs. This pretty much confirms my idea that some cards are in "one part of the factory" and other cards are in another meaning you may get certain packs with the same commons in them and once in a while find a pack with different commons that aren't so common. I had Inkay 74, Fletchinder and Herdier in the same order twice in the same pack so these three must be paired up often.

Pack 2: Doublade, Team Flare Grunt, Gurdurr, Great Ball, Ledian, Yveltal Rev(Needed this one), Rhydon, Ledian, Diggersby and Corsola

So these tins are great for players, not so great for collectors like me so I won't be buying anymore at least not from this Target. Not that I need more commons, just the rare ratio doesn't seem great to me.

I haven't opened the rest, the other two packs, 4 XY boosters and another tin from 2013, so will post later on those.

Edit: Opened the others and only thing to note is a Blastoise ex, looking for full arts of Blastoise and Venusaur and think I'm close to finding them.
Well at least you got blastoise ex. And i got two new xy packs
The noteworthy card was a holo chesnaught.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I went to Walmart and got 4 Plasma Freeze Boosters, also a Rayquaza Tin and a Mewtwo Tin

In the 4 Freeze packs I got a Ghetsis Full Art
Also a Beedrill, a Zekrom Holo, a Metagross Reverse(Think this is my third reverse of this with no regulars, this also happened with Ditto), Sableye and Glaceon Rev.
There was maybe 8 packs on the hook and I took 6 from the back I actually put a couple packs back...

In the Rayquaza tin my rares

Zapdos Ex, Garbodor Rev
Snorlax, Ludicolo Rev
Quagsire, Dragonite Rev
Masquerain, Aggron Rev
So all rare reverses, thats the first time thats happened.

The Mewtwo tin only had a few new Plasma Storm cards in it such as Togekiss Rev and Scrafty.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
So today I went to Meijer and got 6 Plasma Freeze packs, they only had 7 on the shelf from what I could see and I put one back.

Anyways I finally got Latias Ex, I also got a really miscut Juniper Full Art and a Latios Ex duplicate. I was hoping for one ex didn't expect 3 ultra rares especially since the cards were all picked over and mixed together, also there was only 7 Freeze's left and they could have easily been weighed and returned, I just took a chance and the one I put back was creased across the center, maybe it had a Deoxys full art...

So I've gotten a maximum of 3 exs in at least 8 packs 3 times before, this is the first time I've gotten 3 ultra rares in 6 packs.

The bottom is the back of the Juniper.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
I went ahead and bought a Xearneas Ex tin.
So i got a Jirachi EX and some rares and a genesect holo so i was happy with it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got these yesterday at Walmart
tumblr_n34ir8FfnG1r12rm4o1_1280.jpg

I got a Venusaur Ex in one and an Emolga Ex in the other, so now I only need 4 ex's from Xy, Blastoise full art, Venusaur full art, Emolga full art and Skarmory ex, but I'm only looking for Blastoise and Venusaur.
tumblr_n34ir8FfnG1r12rm4o2_1280.jpg

Years
I went ahead and bought a Xearneas Ex tin.
So i got a Jirachi EX and some rares and a genesect holo so i was happy with it.
:) :( :) :( :)

my reaction to your pulls and trying to decide whether to be happy for you or jealous.

I got a Venusaur Ex in one and an Emolga Ex in the other, so now I only need 4 ex's from Xy, Blastoise full art, Venusaur full art, Emolga full art and Skarmory ex, but I'm only looking for Blastoise and Venusaur.

8D

CAN I HAS?

Seriously, you got 2 EXs from XY boosters. Insanely jealous right now.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years

Dude im gonna go to your house while your sleeping a take those from you.

Years
My gf opened a pack of X/Y the other day, she pulled a Rev foil Sycamore, foil Raichu and she got a muscle band all in the same pack! I pulled a FA Blastoise Ex though ;)

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Picked up a GarchompEX Box and my pulls were:

Plasma Storm:

Rare Liepard
Rev Holo Timburr (common)

XY (1):

Rare Starmie
Rev Holo Professor Sycamore

XY (2):

Rare Simisear
Rev Holo Staryu (common)

XY (3):

Rare Skarmory EX
Rev Holo Rhyhorn (common)

Well not the most exciting of pulls but at least I did pull an EX from it! :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Shortly after I got the two Garchomp boxes I got two tins, multiple boosters and a third Garchomp Box and didn't get one ex. I did get a Ghetsis holo but thats about it.

I also had a accident with my binders, I stepped on it sideways causing the front to bend and the first few pages to get pressed against the metal rings, I lost a few Plasma Freeze reverse commons, Weedle and Exegecute which I now have to pull as I only had one each and the regulars. Also both Quagsire. Luckily Sceptile survived though I have multiple of those, I was more worried for the reverse. I don't keep Ex's in the binder luckily or Heatran would have had a big dent. The plastic pages were actually ripped at the holes up to the card sleeve.

I decided to get some new binders, I got three of these http://www.mead.com/images/88006_XL_1.png

I got some Yveltal tins, I got a Blastoise Ex, I think I might just buy Blastoise and Venusaur full art as it's a waste of money for me to continue buying packs from this set.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
It was time for my bimonthly TCG splurge :D
I bought the Garchomp box, the Xerneas tin, and the Yveltal tin, which consisted of a total of:
7 XYs
1 Plasma Storm
2 Legendary Treasures
2 Plasma Blasts

Here are my rares:
Spoiler:

Here are my EXs :3
Spoiler:

I can't believe I scored both Radiant Meloetta and that Skarmory. And it only took a total of 10 XY boosters until I got an EX :P but what do I do with this massive Garchomp EX?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got some Plasma Freeze and Xy packs and nothing to note except a Chesnaught Holo, Talonflame Holo, Sceptile Holo and Absol Holo. I also got two Freeze packs with the exact same commons and uncommons in them in the same order.

But it seems people are ripping open the packs at the store and just throwing them around and no one notices. The card isle is in the checkout lane and all the XY packs were off the pegs sitting on the shelf below and half of them were ripped open with the cards sticking out. I don't think Walmart cares much to be honest.
I would hate for the store to put the cards behind the counter but they may have to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got some more booster packs today from Meijer. I got the 3 Plasma Blast packs from the peg of the mixed up cards where I got the 6 Plasma Freeze packs and got Juniper Full Art, Latios Ex and Latias Ex.

I got a Dialga Full Art.

I also got some Boundaries Crossed packs, rares included a Meloetta and Meloetta Reverse in the same pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back