• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Whelp, bad news. While on vacation last week, my laptop decided to stop working. Took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy and they said I needed a new battery that would run me about $115. This laptop died on my birthday. FML.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Whelp, bad news. While on vacation last week, my laptop decided to stop working. Took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy and they said I needed a new battery that would run me about $115. This laptop died on my birthday. FML.

That's amazing. Did you post that on FML? You should.

And Im doing another one of those random moveset challenges. The one I created myself, using YAPE and a random number generator. Basically, I pick 3 random pokemon, and replace every move in their learnset with a random move. And I also randomize the types and abilities. It's awesome. I got a Flying/Dark Magcargo with Fly, Torment, Sky Uppercut, Ice Punch, etc. It has the ability Water Absorb O_o.

However, I can't create a thread, as it's too much bother for most people. Anybody express any interest in this?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That sounds really interesting, tbh. That Magcargo sounds hilarious. XD;

Oh and happy birthday Myrrh. Sorry it sucked. :( o yeah hay guyz im bak frum mai break lol

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
My old computer's monitor died on my birthday a few years ago. :c Then I got a new one...the computer itself died.

I really need to focus on a challenge...I'll probably zoom through a bunch during my 3 day weekend coming up.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Well, good news. I took it back to Geek Squad and basically the geek there said he was a higher level geek and that I just need to wiggle my power cord when I plug it in. Which worked. I might have to get a part soldered on inside my laptop. But, if I can just live with a laptop that I have to jiggle the power cord in, it's not broken. Which I am doing.

Also the birthday ended a little better. I got enough money to fence next semester again (thank Arceus, I didn't think I was going to be able to).

I too am having problems choosing which challenge to beat. I'm working on a Nuzlocke, but I have like 4 other challenges that I've started. The problem is that most of them are Ultimate Challenges, and I'm on DPPt, which I don't want to start because its my least favorite generation and it takes the longest. Oh well, back to the Nuzlocke I guess.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
What you just said about the Ultimate Challenges is so very true. I'm on Pearl for my Ultimate Duospecies, and I've been so...reluctant to begin because I would also have to say that 4th gen is my least favorite, with the exception of HG/SS. Then again, I have RL stuff popping up everywhere, so that makes it more difficult to find the time. :/

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I too am having problems choosing which challenge to beat. I'm working on a Nuzlocke, but I have like 4 other challenges that I've started. The problem is that most of them are Ultimate Challenges, and I'm on DPPt, which I don't want to start because its my least favorite generation and it takes the longest. Oh well, back to the Nuzlocke I guess.
You could always try out my challenge, the newest challenge on the block. I'm only doing my challenge so far on Emerald. :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Well, my point is that I want to finish all the ones that I'm on now. I'll probably get around to doing it sometime though.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Fencing, myrrh. Still doing it ? <3 Me too. (:

And I'm really inactive. Not challenges, not discussion. But my best friend is another person, on the good side. And the details of my inactiveness stop there. Oh, and my Maths recovery. Just one more 10 (A) and my semestrial grade will become... 8 (-B) :D :> n_n'

PS : Sydian always double-posts most of the time often. Must be the evil Internet. Or PC connection.

Also myrrh, my old netbook (that 4 GB HDD thingamajong I kept complaining about. Remember ?) also had the same problem with the jiggly power cord for charge. One of the [thousands] of reasons why I dropped.

And now my monitor's also's gotten a jiggly cord... but I kinda tied it to my speaker, and it seems to do the job. (:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
HEY GUYZ I THOUGHT UP ME A CHALLENGE!

The Domino Challenge.

I can't explain it to well so I'm going to explain it in Examples.

(The Starter is excluded for type issue btw)

Lets say you have a Budew, it's Grass / Poison, (so its domino would be like 1|4) so you have to get a Poison type as your next pokemon. So you find a Zubat, Poison / Flying(So it's domino would be 4 | 2) and you MUST add it to a team. Add ect.

So your team at this point would be [1|4][4|2]. If you find a Flying type, you must add it to your team.

Add any Rules for extra spice, like Nuzlocke, or just leave it plain and boom your done.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Yeah, right after I posted that, I saw your thread.

But there's a diffrence though, on your challenge if you find a Wingull you can use a Water OR a Flying type.

On mine you have to use the the Flying type if you found a Water Pokemon before it. And Vice Versa.

And correct me on this but on my challenge the next possible pokemon you find you MUST catch it. I don't think that's the case on yours ( I skimmed through the Thread, so I didnt quite catch it)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Sounds a lot like mine, but with just a few elements from Nuzlocke thrown into the mixture as well. I know on my thread I said you can go with the "domino" style as well, which is what I've been currently doing.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't think we'd need a thread for that, when it's only a minor change from what Alternative already posted.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Great, for once in my life, I get a good idea, but it's "outclassed" by something else.

:/

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Good try, chaos. You're on the right track. Now think of an even BETTER challenge, but quick! Someone's about to think of it first I bet!

In other news, my challenge productivity is about to go down. School starts tomorrow. I have to get up at noon to make it to my bowling class on time. XD I love my life.

Years
Well in other news, I've undertaken Patchisou Yutohru's Rocket-Themed Nuzlocke.
It's not very fun grinding Ratatas and Zubats, but I imagine it will be rewarding in the end ;D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What the hell? Bowling class? Actually, I think we have a rock climbing class here...but still. Bowling. Do want.

Dude, are you even allowed to evolve the Zubat into Crobat? :| Or are you forever stuck with Golbat? And um Nick better be participating or I'll kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back