• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could choose only one game...

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Either Platinum, HGSS, or B2W2. All of those games have tons of postgame content, and a lot of replayability.

FlakyGuy

A super flaky person~
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
This is quite a difficult question. I think I'd have to go with Emerald because of the Battle frontier.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Probably Gold. It's my favorite game, and I would have a hard time giving it up permanently in favor of something else. (I would also consider HGSS for the improvements, but there's something about the nostalgia of Gold that I love.)

I would certainly miss the features that the newer games have added, but there's something I find really relaxing about playing the first two generations of games that isn't there in anything newer. I prefer the stat exp system (only have to worry about base stats, then train Pokemon however you want without having to go through a tedious EV training process first), and there's something charming about the graphics. My favorite Pokemon are also from the first two generations, so I would probably be ok on that front. I suspect I would miss modern breeding and such, but if I could only play one game, nostalgia would probably win out.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
This is a hard choice for me. I have experienced every main pokemon game release as intended during it's active generation. Pokemon R/B/Y while being nostalgic and great I couldn't play for the rest of my life due to the horrible graphics compared to now a days plus the lack of pokemon, moves and game mechanics I've grown custom to having. Same reason can be said for S/G/C, LF/FR, R/S/E

With those being took out of the equation then I'd have to say the oldest games I wouldn't mind playing for the rest of my life would be D/P/Platinum however if I had to pick a 4th gen game it would be HG/SS for it still has 4th generation pokemon and features but gives me the nostalgic of Pokemon Yellow Pikachu were pokemon are able to follow you and then being a remake of G/S/C and bring me back into my childhood days, as well as plenty of post game content.

Years
pokemon sun/moon.
it has good story for me, plus i can hunt shiny in "a little bit" soft way by SOS. i spent almost the whole year to hunt shiny in this game and it was very fun. i even nearly close to complete the regional Alola Pokedex. i'm sure i can spend more time hunting shiny with this game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
Crystal, a million times Crystal. I've never had as much fun playing or replaying a Pokemon game as I've had with Crystal.

Years
Definitely HeartGold/SoulSilver.

It has loads of content and delightful features I just really love, two whole regions, and just a really nice general atmosphere. It's honestly pretty much as close to my ideal Pok?mon game as the series has gotten thus far.

Back