• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Discussions - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

HotY 2011 Discussion Thread:

This thread is where discussions regarding the Hack of the Year competition can be held. Because the official threads are for voting only, we have created this thread for you all to voice your opinions on this year's competition. Please try to keep conversation civil and respectful.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2011
A tough competition considering there are many decent hacks out there.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
A tough competition considering there are many decent hacks out there.
I don't think so. The hacks that actually deserve HotY and aren't ineligible are finger-counted. I'll have to think about it carefully, however.

Also, it's clear which hack most people will spam in every category already.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
The 4 hacks that are fighting for the HotY are Light Platinum, Flora Sky, Life of Guardians, and Snakewood and the competition is tight between those 4 so it's anyone's game... =)

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I've played Life of Guardians several times already, and I couldn't get bored of it since the plot is very cool that wouldn't let you stop playing it. :)

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Truality is right, while there are many good hacks here, most of them haven't Progressed enough to justify winning an award.

I think snakewood will be what I'll vote for because it was just a really fun and interesting hack to play.

marcc5m

what
Years
If Flora Sky wins I leave PC. It's full of stolen sprites and is nowhere near the standard of past winners.
Although there are many problems with Snakewood, I'd like to see it win for the pure fact that it was the most fun hack I'd played in ages.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Honestly, even though I worked with beta testing the english release of Light Platinum, the fanbase is really out of control with noobs and such so it doesn't really get my vote..plus the hack was cluttered with random useless rival battles

Fireworks stole what I was gonna say about Flora Sky so I won't even bother commenting on that.The Victini event wasn't that bad though.

Life of Guardians...well come on, if it doesn't win at least get it to second place, the story was fun and that hack was one of the most fun games I ever played, and come on, it's been in third place for two years, right? It might get my vote.

Snakewood is just one of the best hacks out there in my opinion, and it has R/S/E tiles!A hack that still has the same tiles that might win hack of the year (not to mention it's ruby tiles) it would be amazing. So it might get my vote.

In other words, Light Platinum fans are too over the top, Flora Sky just confuses me,Life of Guardians either needs to win or get out of third place, and Snakewood has bland ruby tiles but the story makes up for it. :)

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I have played Light Platinum about 20% of the game, Flora Sky 80%, Snakewood about 65%, and I haven't started playing Life of Guardians but to me, all of them are promising hacks. Light Platinum is a great hack with beautiful tiles and the story is like plating HG/SS but in a different sense... Flora Sky, well, a good hack but tiles kinda bright but scripting is good... Snakewood is one of the best hacks out there and has a sense of originality and even though it has RSE tiles, it makes up for it for its amazing storyline! I haven't played Life of Guardians so I don't know how to rate it... Still, I may download it today so I can see its features... =)

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
My first time partcipating in the HOTY competition...definitely a good time to join.

Wow, now this is a tough one...each have their own merits that make them stand out. Snakewood have definitely stood out as relying on its plot I give it that. Light Platinum is just so beuatiful to look at, and feels like an official game. Flora Sky follows that too, with a nice sidequest after the main game. And Life of Guardians is just amazing, no other words can be said...

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Dang, it's been that quick already? I remember last year's competition exactly. Time goes by so fast these days...

But yeah I don't see as many impressive hacks anymore, so I can guess who's gonna win this year... Maybe.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
The year's competition~
I may come out third once again, making it 3rd 3 times in 3 years in a row xD

Anyway, I wish that this year's competition will be great~

Years
Not sure if I have the right to do this... but I'll write of my opinions. It's just my personal thoughts... so I wish no one criticizes them too harshly...

Not in any particular order

1. Flora Sky
Pros: Good Scripting. Engaging Storyline.
Cons: ...I'm not too sure. I liked Flora Sky... but not 'loved' it. There is something in this hack I didn't really like... but I can't remember it atm... :O (One thing was that it was difficult to figure out what to do next after I finished one event...)

2. Light Platinum
Pros: Excellent Graphics and Tiles. Two Regions (wow!).
Cons: Boring Storyline... and I seriously got fed up with some people saying the same thing over and over again in cities and towns. The Gyms' layouts and the Legendary Pokemon lairs were tediously designed too...

3. Snakewood
Pros: Unique and engaging storyline and theme (Zombies... :O wow!).
Cons: RUBY TILES... (but still it was actually quite good!). Too Many 'secrets' (I know most people like to uncover extra secrets (e.g locations of Shaderu, the Item Key Chain etc.) on their own... but I SUCK AT THEM, so it was frustrating for me to figure all those out... (to be honest... I still haven't figured out most of them yet)

4. Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians
Pros: Lovely Tiles. Cool Storyline. Very Engaging.
Cons: The Bad-Normal-Good Feature. It is unique, but that means I have to play the game three times to cover all the aspects of the game... which I don't really like.

Overall... I would say LoG > Snakewood > Flora Sky > Light Platinum... but that's just my opinion :)

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
It seems that LoG, Snakewood, Flora Sky, Light Platinum are the leaders here... One reason that they are the leaders is because all of them are complete or atleast 85% complete. Also, they all have amazing tiles and storylines!

marcc5m

what
Years
It seems that LoG, Snakewood, Flora Sky, Light Platinum are the leaders here... One reason that they are the leaders is because all of them are complete or atleast 85% complete. Also, they all have amazing tiles and storylines!

You just contradicted yourself.
Anyway, it's obvious who's won this year.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
*sigh* You people should give your votes a little more thought... and I would like to point out how sad the absence of Pokemon Identity is. I'm delaying my votes because I'm thinking carefully about this contest.
Maybe I got too serious, but then again, this is not MOTY. This contest is actually about something that people put a lot of effort into. I don't enjoy seeing air-headed opinions on the matter, but can't help it, eh?

Semi-rant aside, I do hope that through the 'public demand' cast, LoG will prevail.

Also, I lol'd.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Im rooting for Light Platinum Because it has a great graphics and has a two regions,World Championship and the previous protagonist,rivals and legendaries..Im rooting also in Pokemon Flora sky..=D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back