• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First team in awhile, I STILL SUCK lol

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
Hey guys Im back on the competitive battle scene, you guys might remember me as ShAdowWAlkeR lol you you know why I say I STILL SUCK!!

Anyway heres an RMT I made recently with Gen5 and yes it sucks and needs dome help. It is a stall team and I tested it a bit on smogon, went 7 and 3 with it (W/L) but its missing some things and needs improvment, plus my lack of Gen5 knowledge doesnt help either ha. So heres the team as of now:

Tyranitar @ Chesto berry
Evs:252HP/180SAtk/76SpD
Trait: Sandstream
Nature sassy
-Stealth rock
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Rest
Bulky TTar lead, just copied EV spread from smogon iirc and changed moveset to have rest and SR. Chesto berry wakes me up so im not a sitting duck first rest or saves from an early status.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Evs:252HP/48Def/208SpD..Ivs: 0spd
Trait: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed
-spikes
-power whip
-leech seed
-gyro ball
Basic set up found in threat list. good at taking hits and setting up some spikes. if you havent read threat list i suggest you do, explains this better then i can lol
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Evs:252HP/252Def/4SpD
Trait: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm
-surf
-recover
-shadow ball
-will o wisp

Again basic set up here, matches up well with ferro. I opted for shadow ball to hit other ghosts and WOW to cripple physical attackers and eat away HP on others.
Celebi @ Leftovers
Evs:252HP/224Def/32spe
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
-perish song
-grass knot
-recover
-heal bell
Great little mon here, does a few things. can be a status absorber, keeps team healthy if the are hit with status with heal bell and provides me with perish song to take out final mons. grass knot for stab. EVS could maybe be tweaked im not sure as i changed a move set found on smogon to meet what i wanted better
Gyrados @ Leftovers
Evs:156HP/72Atk/96Def/184spe
Trait: Intimidate
Nature: Impish
-rest
-sleep talk
-waterfall
-roar
standard bulky gyra evs but switched move set to a restalk. great wall and helps celebi with status resting away problems. waterfall for stab and roar to shuffle oppnents team and rack up damage from hazards
Heatran @ Air Ballon
Evs:252HP/176Def/80SAtk
Trait: Flash Fire
Nature: Bold
-fire blast
-Hidden power ice
-taunt
-earth power
heatran takes hits from dragons and can hit them and gliscor with HP ice. also answer to predicted fires. fire blast for stab earthpower to hit steels and fires. this set may be outdated idk but its done me well.

So thats what i have. There are some problems I know and i had a few ideas..

TTar has trouble more then i would have thought getting rocks up, i lack a spinner and others. I was thinking i could throw SR on heatran over taunt as i hardly use that and replace ttar with hippodon for not fight weak and as another SRer so i have to mons to go for it. also better recovery on hippo.

Also thought about replacing gyara with tentacruel as then i still resist fighting can spin and absorb/lay down t-spikes.

Not sure if these changes would be good or what others to try so thats where you all come in lol. So get to it rate away

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Celebi may be superfluous with Ferrothorn, but whatever floats your boat. I can see how it trolls last 'mon Reuniclus or something.

If you find Tar not working for you, than consider a Mix Attacking varient. It can still set up Rocks and destroy certain defensive cores like Gliscor/Ferrothorn/Jellicent.

Heatran's typing is usually more useful in taking special attacks like Ice Beam and Draco Meteors. A Modest nature with 252HP / 56 SpA / 200 SpD spread can work.

I would be careful of Gengar though. It can outrun and 0~2HKO your entire team with the correct moves and with a Sub up, it can be particularly annoying to take down.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Both Jellicent and Gyarados share a weakness to Electric, so I'd drop Gyarados in favor for Scizor, who can check/counter Gengar:
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower/Brick Break
-Pursuit/Quick Attack
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
If he removes Gyarados any remotely decent fighting type trolls this team. See: Payback Conkeldurr and SD Lucario.

EDIT :

Also why are you using bulky Gyara evs for STalker Gyara ? :/ 248 HP / 252 Def / 10 Speed Please @ Impish.

EDIT 2:

Sp.Def Hippowdon walls Gengar so you could use that i guess.

Last edited:
Back