• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Fifth Gen Pokemon

sweets

You can do it! ☆彡
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2014
My favorite is Klinklang! I think it's so cool looking, I love robotic/mechanic Pokemon! I also love Maractus ☆

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
Um o_o this is a rly easy question to answer...xD
Ofc, Samurott <3333 the coolect and strongest of all times =D!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Conkeldurr. It was the first pokemon I ever had traded with someone to evolve. Because I finally had a friend that played pokemon.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Mine is definitely Meloetta. It was like love at first sight: I instantly loved it after seeing it somewhere on youtube. Whimsicott comes as a close second.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I guess mine would be Ferrothorn. I despised him at first but the more I started to use him the more I started to appreciate his design, and you can't deny he's a beast in competitive play. He's a really cool, useful, and strong pokemon.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hydreigon and Garbodor are my favorites. I like Hydreigon because it reminds me of King Ghidorah from the Godzilla franchise, which goes perfectly with Tyranitar, my favorite Pokemon of all time. Garbodor always struck me because of its resemblance to something out of an old sci fi horror movie, which is pretty awesome.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
Mine would have to be Scraggy. Although I wish it could have Scrafty's stats without having evolve into Scrafty. My next favorite would be Chandelure.

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
My favorite fifth generation Pokemon are Musharna and Chandelure. Chandelure has 145 Special Attack and a unique typing, while Musharna can take a few hits and dish them out. I also think they're cute, and they're both easy to obtain in-game.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
hydreigon.gif

This. Bloody. Thing.
It's strong, it's a pseudo-legendary, it takes time to raise, it looks freaking awesome, and it has my favourite type combo. Dark/Dragon is amazing typing to me, as I like both the Dark and Dragon-types individually. So, when Hydreigon came around, I squealed like a fangirl.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
hydreigon.gif

This. Bloody. Thing.
It's strong, it's a pseudo-legendary, it takes time to raise, it looks freaking awesome, and it has my favourite type combo. Dark/Dragon is amazing typing to me, as I like both the Dark and Dragon-types individually. So, when Hydreigon came around, I squealed like a fangirl.

Not to mention its cry is badass, particularly the X/Y one.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 14, 2023
I particularly liked Keldeo in both it's forms, though I can't exactly pinpoint why. Probably because it reminds me of an overly happy pinata. :)

I'm also very fond of Audino, especially the shiny coloration. Sucker for those pink little XP givers, haha.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jun 9, 2014
Favorite Gen. 5??? One of two. Either Hydreigon or Haxorus because I am a dragon tamer. I can't get enough. They best my previous favorites group overall(Flygon, Salamence, Dragonite) and they are just amazing.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I liked a lot of the fifh gen pokemon but I think my user name gives mine away my favorite is Reshiram. It reminds me a lot of my favorite Yugioh card the Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

banana87

The Original Game Boy
Years
I really like Escavalier. I've always thought the Bug/Steel combo was cool (much love Scizor), plus, he evolves in a really cool way. And of course, he is a lancing snail. WTF! I love it!

Years
my favorite was ferrothorn i thought it looked cool the moment i saw it, but i liked alot of the pokemon from b/w (but i also didnt like alot of them somehow)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
Archen is definitely the coolest Pokemon i have so far.

Kyurem for the coolest one i don't have.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Mine would be Whimsicott, followed by Dewott, Oshawott, and Excadrill. :) These were the 3 pokemon I planned to have from the beginning.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite Gen 5 Pokemon are Serperior, Samurott, Volcarona, Chandelure, Ferrothorn, Galvantula, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Krookodile, Excadrill, Escavalier, Braviary, Lilligant, Sigilyph, Reuniclus, Vanilluxe, Zebstrika, Durant, Zoroark, Terrakion, and male Jellicent.

Back