• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Shiny Red Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry987

Pokémon Shiny Red:D
Years
THE GAME IS BACK AGAIN!
(EDITED THE 1ST MARCH YEAR 2008)

capture000ee9.png

Made Whit RPG MAKER XP/The game is in English!
Intruduction:
Hey! I'm Henry and the creator of POKÈMON SHINY RED VERSION, this is my first pokemon game I ever made:D so hope you guys will enjoy it!
Story:
You are a young BOY/GIRL that lives in the Dinnoh Region, in Cherry Bark Town. You were still asleep till you heard a cry, and it just started to shake... You wake up and you go down stair's and your mother goes to you, and she is worried. She tell's you if you could go and check what's going on... After that you walk outside and you'll see a Ho-Oh in a close distance. The Ho-Oh start's to fly away, after that a young boy names Chris came to you. And he will talk to you. After the little chat you will follow him to his dad's Labratory. And then they will tell some stories about the Ho-Oh and why it's uppset. After that the professor tell's you that you and Chris will travel and stop the Ho-Oh from hurtning people. But there's only one problem Team magma, Aqua, Galactic and Rocket will try to stop you on your journey and try to catch the Ho-Oh themself!(sry. but i'm not a good story teller:P)
Features:
All pokemon is able to catch.
New City's and a new Region
You can travel to Sinnoh.
Fight Gyms and Leauge.
Meet old friend's
And meet me in the Game:D(Made myself in the game as a Pokemon Master:P)

Credits:
Poccil: Starter Kit
OmegaGroudon: Helped me with some stuff
Wichu: Helped me with some stuff
Me: Made the main characters sprite
Mike2494: Got some sprites from him

Screenshots:
THE HERO
trainer000gh5.png

THE HEROINE
trainer001gq1.png

SO SLEEPY
capture000jl6.png

capture001et0.png

WHAT WAS THAT?
capture003no5.png

YOUR MOM IS WORIED AND WANT YOU TO INVESTIGATE WHAT'S GOING ON
capture004iu0.png

capture005dx3.png

capture006df5.png

THE HO-OH APEARS!
capture007ig6.png

capture008yv8.png

THE FIRST TIME YOU MEET CHRIS
capture010nx6.png

capture011ra1.png

HE WILL TAKE YOU TO THE LABRATORY
capture012sz2.png

capture013tu8.png

AT THE LABRATORY
capture014gh1.png

CHOOSE YOU FIRST POKÉMON!
capture015so7.png

capture016ud5.png

capture017ws3.png

capture018ec8.png

capture019wa6.png

capture020an7.png

ROUTE 301
capture021zt8.png

BATTLE! (Hehe sry but I wrote wrong on on the trainer spech...he was going to say let me show you.... but I did'nt notice that I wrote let's me show you :P)
capture022ao2.png

capture002ox4.png

WHAT I NEED
Supporters
And a spriter that can make the Heroine's OW
Mappers
Animator
Story writer

:chu:More Screenies Soon!
Please post to keep this thread alive! And to keep me motivated!

Last edited:

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
Good idea so far, exept one thing: The Shadow Lugia.
I´ve seen a few Hacks/Games with a shadow Lugia, the idea is kinda overused (If that´s an english word ;) )
I have an idea about another evil legendary: Silver Ho-oh. I don´t know if it´s the same everywhere, but here in Austria we call it also "Goldvogel" (<= Golden Bird).
So a silver one would be kool I think^^ (Just an idea)

Oh, and the battle sprite of your brother looks... messed up...

Good Luck,
Bombah!

EDIT: I can´t resist: FIRST, yaaaaay^^

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
There's quite a few problems with this game: the first one is the story. As Bombah mentioned, the 'Shadow Lugia' has been used MANY times, most of which, it hasn't been used successfully. The story is basically the same one we've been playing for ten years. Adding 'twists' to it doesn't make it exciting, either.

The second thing that needs improving is the graphics. The sprites aren't bad, but I instantly recognized them for what they once were; I'd suggest editing them more and making them look different. Some sprites also seem very pixelated (i.e the Jimmy & Charizard sprites)

Do you plan on adding *any* unique gameplay elements? What will make people play this as opposed to playing the real games which offer tons of extra features? Promising to 'add all the Regions' doesn't add anything to the game play either, because there's no point in going to those regions in the first place is there's nothing exciting to do or they will simply not be finished.

The story is unoriginal, the graphics and sprites need some serious work and there aren't any unique game play features. I understand you've only just started, but so far it seems very unexciting. Maybe next time, post your thread when you've actually completed a decent amount of the game ;)

Henry987

Years
hmm... sure a silver ho-oh will be fine :D

There's quite a few problems with this game: the first one is the story. As Bombah mentioned, the 'Shadow Lugia' has been used MANY times, most of which, it hasn't been used successfully. The story is basically the same one we've been playing for ten years. Adding 'twists' to it doesn't make it exciting, either.

The second thing that needs improving is the graphics. The sprites aren't bad, but I instantly recognized them for what they once were; I'd suggest editing them more and making them look different. Some sprites also seem very pixelated (i.e the Jimmy & Charizard sprites)

Do you plan on adding *any* unique gameplay elements? What will make people play this as opposed to playing the real games which offer tons of extra features? Promising to 'add all the Regions' doesn't add anything to the game play either, because there's no point in going to those regions in the first place is there's nothing exciting to do or they will simply not be finished.

The story is unoriginal, the graphics and sprites need some serious work and there aren't any unique game play features. I understand you've only just started, but so far it seems very unexciting. Maybe next time, post your thread when you've actually completed a decent amount of the game ;)

Hmmm... Yea I should thought about that. Well you are right maybe I should do a new region that the whole thing will happen :D and then you can travel to jotho and more after you saved you land:D

Last edited:

Phyore

PokeStreamer
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
i like this version of pokemon. i wonder where you het the ideas?

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Lol, changing it from a Lugia to a Ho-oh doesn't make the story any better ;) . Just try to think of something more... original, and exciting.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Your mapping isn't very good :/ . Don't mix FRLG sprites with RSE ones; doing so makes it look very odd indeed. Also, you need to border your outdoor maps with trees.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Make sure there is a 7-tile border to the left and right, and a 5-tile border up and down. That way, you won't be able to see the black edge.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
"I catched a Rattata!" is extremely bad English. The past tense for "catch" is "caught", just so you knew. The hero's sprite is pretty bad as well. You should shade the jacket instead of block filling it. The female back sprite has a horrible outline in the top right hand corner as well. The hero OW's eyes when sleeping need to be improved; a one pixel line on a 200% sprite isn't good.

Aside from that, the storyline isn't great either. Get rid of the generics, and start to think of your own original ideas. That will make the gameplay far improved. Add new features yourself. Anybody can take a starter kit and make a half-effort game. What makes a good game though is somebody who can make it original.

Henry987

Years
"I catched a Rattata!" is extremely bad English. The past tense for "catch" is "caught", just so you knew. The hero's sprite is pretty bad as well. You should shade the jacket instead of block filling it. The female back sprite has a horrible outline in the top right hand corner as well. The hero OW's eyes when sleeping need to be improved; a one pixel line on a 200% sprite isn't good.

Aside from that, the storyline isn't great either. Get rid of the generics, and start to think of your own original ideas. That will make the gameplay far improved. Add new features yourself. Anybody can take a starter kit and make a half-effort game. What makes a good game though is somebody who can make it original.

hmmm....Maybe you wanna help me whit the story?

Patjuh09

Total Drama Island Redux!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
jamie.ds, i don't think you are english...(i'm not) So if you post something here, make it sure if its good english. (i don't even know if this was good english)

Ontopic: Very good game, are there any features that are not in the other games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back