• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Lost Region

What music style should i use?

• Nes style

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Intro:
Hi I'm Nintendork15 I'm 16 and i mostly did rom-hacking but I'm decied on doing some Game Developing :'3 (yay go me) I also have a slight addiction with GB graphics :D So this game will be entirely in GB :D

Story:
Red! has just became the champion of Kanto!
and decided to make his own journeys to far off lands
after deciding so he hired a boat and headed out to sea
with his 4 pokemon Bulbasaur,Charmander,Squirtle and Pikachu.
Whilst heading out to sea a stormed started Prof.Oak and Red's Mom
tried telling him not to go. Red went away!
While being out to sea the storm struck Red's boat.
Red was washed to shore ... he saw someone before he fainted
it looked like his mom ... but her voice was different... Red fainted.
After weeks of rest Red woke in someone's house ...
A lady named Mable rescued him when he washed up.
She told Red that an evil force was destorying the island which is
why the entire island is so grey and lifeless.
The island was unleaveable due to the darkness devouring the island

Red had decided the only to go home is to destroy this darkness
which means finding the 5 crytals of light and place them in the 5 castles
and defeat the master of darkness -- Lord Master.

Can Red make it home?

==Screenshots:==
screen1-1.png

screen2-1.png

screen3-1.png

==Features:==
*Save the Grevo Island from ultimate Darkness - Completing story
*Play as Red before the G/S/C Series - Bet you weren't expecting this?
*Fight minion gym leaders - Yes actually fight the leaders plus their pokemon
*Battle wild groups of Pokémon - Maximum group of 5
*Use pokémon specific items - Summon Pokémon and Special moves
*Rent 155 different pokemon - Unless i find a way to catch them their rented

==Help:==
I need help with the following:
Spriting
Using rpg maker 2003 - I need someone who knows who to do a pokemon trainer so when they see you they fight. and afterwards they dont re challenge they say something else.
Story-plotting.

Credits:
Creators of Rpg maker 2003
That's all D:

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
What's with random in color guy on the battle screens? Anyways, cool concept, and I am excited to try this out.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
What's with random in color guy on the battle screens? Anyways, cool concept, and I am excited to try this out.

The guy is the sprite im going to overwritefor the pikachu sprite
I just haven't got to it yet.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm using rpg2003 because i find it easier to use.
To be honest I need to do alot before i ever think about releasing this game. D:
And I'm currently a 1 man team -.-

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Yeah, i find it easier to use too. most people just use rpgmaker XP because of the starter kits.

so theres 155 pokemon. are thoes gen1 pokemon + 4 others?

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
I understand being a one-man team, but I kinda like it. With how helpful people are around here, and all the resources they hook you up with (maybe not so much for you on your system), you can afford to go it alone. I'm am liking this more and more each time I see it.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Yeah, i find it easier to use too. most people just use rpgmaker XP because of the starter kits.

so theres 155 pokemon. are thoes gen1 pokemon + 4 others?

All of Kanto and 4 forms of missingno as a eater egg thing ;3

I understand being a one-man team, but I kinda like it. With how helpful people are around here, and all the resources they hook you up with (maybe not so much for you on your system), you can afford to go it alone. I'm am liking this more and more each time I see it.

You like it ;D Well like it more
===UPDATES:===
screen4-1.png

Random screens of Forest Castle (1st crystal castle)
screen5-1.png

Bridge is out until the first castle is restored.
screen6-1.png

Mysticvine Forest Boss = Butterfree
After defeating butterfree you find a chest containing the Fores CRystal and a item known as Pikachu's Volt an item only to be used with pikachu
allows the user o attack all enemies with thundershock
screen7.png

Boss 2 - Forest Castle - Nightmare
Defeating nightmare allows access into Forest Castle when he first see's you. You have te choice to run or fight!

Also: I need some help on whenyou delete a event t make it stay deleted during gameplay normally when it deletes it comes back when you re enter the area -.- Help! please :D

Even more also: I am using all sorts of GB graphics for this now so suggest a game and i'll see if i ca get it's graphics in there somehwere (your suggested game must be a GB game!)

Last edited:

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
I like the update. I have a question though. Will your only four Pokemon be Squirt, Bulb, Char, and Pika? Like, is there a recruit system, or just level these boys?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I like the update. I have a question though. Will your only four Pokemon be Squirt, Bulb, Char, and Pika? Like, is there a recruit system, or just level these boys?

I'm hoping of making a Pokémon Renting system with different pokemon for each location but i dont knw how to do advance stuff like that right now.

And i need to make it so they can evolve and keeping the evolved form when renting.

Or try to make a PC system and PokéBalls
I have no clue which would be easier -.-

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
I'm hoping of making a Pokémon Renting system with different pokemon for each location but i dont knw how to do advance stuff like that right now.

And i need to make it so they can evolve and keeping the evolved form when renting.

Or try to make a PC system and PokéBalls
I have no clue which would be easier -.-
Well, I think that the first system would be cooler, but I'm not sure which would be tougher. As far as just pure creativity, the rental system would be awesome.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Pokeball system is a lot harder.

Evolving system can be easy, But make sure you program your pokemon in classes, and apply them to heroes.

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
So, you guys like RPG Maker 2003 or whatever?

Also, I could see the ball system being harder, even though I just know XP. It seems like you could event out rental systems.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Ah so i understand how to do the evolving
but since pikachu evolves via thunderstone ... would i have t make a thunderstone item make pikachu eqiupped it and make it changhe class? D:

And the pokerent system will take alot of work i dont think i'll have it in the first beta D: which only goes up to the end of the forest castle.

Slight update:
Spoiler:

Basically a slight base on how the renting system shall work.
Script doesnt chnge any pokemon at the moment
8-) Resaerch time! XD

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
I like retro graphics and this is looking pretty good. There's just one thing that bothers me, and I don't know if it's a choice of yours or not. The real GB palette has 4 colors: black, dark grey, light grey and white. In your screens it looks like you have inserted both "real white" tiles and "gameboy white" (which is more of a grey than white).

You can notice it in the "sand VS grass" tiles

and here in the "frontpics & background" VS backpics.

Good luck with this project, I hope it will progress.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Yeah i've just noticed that.
It's due to the computer i do all the work on doesnt display the white grey colour so it all looks white but on here i see the difference i will change it.
But
=== MINI UPDATE=== XD
As well as Pokémon renting I am doing a 'costume' renting system allows you to change the sprite you play as to various NPCs and Rival's some sprites from different games (?)
No screen shot as of now though D: maybe tonite !!!

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
That sounds like an interesting idea. Would wearing a certain costume affect and event in any way?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
Wow Pikachu was fat back then.
Anyway, the game looks great. I think that it's good how you have strayed away from the traditional battle system.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
That sounds like an interesting idea. Would wearing a certain costume affect and event in any way?

Nope. No events are affected. Execpt if the sprite you choose matches someone else's it would look funny. XD

Wow Pikachu was fat back then.
Anyway, the game looks great. I think that it's good how you have strayed away from the traditional battle system.

Thanks.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
nice one, Nintendork15 (aka Scarlet Devil). I'm looking forward to where this will go. Do you plan on making a new hero instead of red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back