• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need help.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I can't get my 3DS XL to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi in DS mode in order to battle over Wi-Fi with SoulSilver.

I changed my router's security to WEP, and it finds my network, but it always fails the the connection test. I know that I entered the WEP key correctly, because it works just fine in 3DS Wi-Fi mode.

Does anyone know what to do?

Last edited:

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I didn't realize that in my previous post I had listed the instructions for how to connect to the Internet (rather than a 3DS) using WEP settings.

I had the same issue as you a few weeks ago where I was trying to connect to Nintendo Wifi on my Pokémon Diamond version. I called Nintendo and they guided me through the process and all that fun stuff.

I have a question, though, did you disable your router firewall while you were changing its settings to WEP?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
And you're doing the DS connections in the standard DS connections and not the 3DS connections?

I'm using the DS menu, not the 3DS menu.

I didn't realize that in my previous post I had listed the instructions for how to connect to the Internet (rather than a 3DS) using WEP settings.

I had the same issue as you a few weeks ago where I was trying to connect to Nintendo Wifi on my Pokémon Diamond version. I called Nintendo and they guided me through the process and all that fun stuff.

I have a question, though, did you disable your router firewall while you were changing its settings to WEP?

I don't remember, but I'll disable my firewall to see if that solves the problem.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I'm using the DS menu, not the 3DS menu.

I don't remember, but I'll disable my firewall to see if that solves the problem.

I remember I was told specifically to disable my router firewall so that the connection could go through, but I'm not sure if that'll solve your problem at all. Make sure it's your router's firewall (you have to go into your router's settings and play around with the options) and not the Windows firewall. :p

Years
What type of router do you have? (this is needed to know how the local IP format is)

Chances are, you need to manually assign an IP address to your DS for internet to work. My DSi XL wasn't able to obtain an IP address on its own so I had to force it to have one in the manual settings and then it got internet!

For example, my router (not a linksys, but it uses the same local gateway format) is 192.168.1.1. I can give it the IP of 192.168.1.17 (as an example) and for your DNS just use the local gateway IP (which, in my case, is 192.168.1.1)

Hope that helps :)

Back