• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard - Hallways

Lucia saw the message and smiled. "Well, he's on the way there. Come on Brian, we can meet Mark and discuss some plans while we're there as well." She stated, seemingly oblivious to Brian's uneasiness. "Should be more than enough time to have a quick battle and get to the next class, don't you agree?" She asked him.

Roberto still stayed close to Lucia, making sure to keep his senses focused right on that Arcanine. If he wanted a battle, he would get a battle. Of course Lucia's harsh glare back at him did cause him to frown. Couldn't she see that it was his duty? He would have thought she would have gotten used to it by now! She was asking for something to happen if she kept pushing him back.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

Brian nodded and followed along next to her, imping slightly on his leg. it... Still had not healed properly. He didn't think it ever would. he would likely be limping for the rest of his life. Oh well. He caught Nova watching Roberto with interest, his gaze never wavering, in inscruitable.

"Yeah, I-I guess. Um... Where are we supposed to meet him at?" Brian asked after a moment, pulling his jacket closer. He was raised in the tropical Hoenn region, this was too chilly! Nove sighed and picked him up and set him on his back, carrying the boy. Instantly Brian was warmer, and off of his feet. He looked down at Nova, who said nothing as he walked proudly with his trainer.

Thyme, Duster, and Leena

"Mwehehehe, I'll stay close~" she said, zooming back into the bag and not exiting this time. And if Mark opened the bag he would not see her at all. Duster shook her head and climbed down him to examine the pokegear closer.

"Hey how come Bri doesn't have one of these?" she asked Thyme, pointing at it, holding onto the side of the bag with ease.

"Cause he doesn't!" Thyme said with annoyance. ouldn't that mouse see she was TRYING to spend time with Snype? For the love of Arceus! She shook her head and turned back to the sableye and sighed. "You know they are, but i'm dealing with it. All of us got stuck, lost out in the wild for the past few days. We had to work together more. So it's ALMOST bareable. Sstill, I could do with a little more time to myself. And with you"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark looked down as Leena went down into his bag. She better not have stolen anything out of there... she was either really curious or a real invader. At least they were sticking close to him. Duster was no doubt curious as she checked out Mark's Pokegear. Mark simply smiled. "Curious aren't you? " Mark said as he held it a bit closer to Duster. Mark eventually made it to the Pokemon Center and sat down a moment to get himself situated and to pull out each of the Pokeballs to get them healed. Leena didn't seem to be in the bag. Must have been invisible.

Snype smiled to Thyme. Must have had a long day... at least she was easy to calm whenever he was around her. He was pretty concerned for her after she discussed being lost out in the wild for so long but at least she was ok. The girl needed a break Snype put an arm around her and but Thyme into a small side hug.

"Kehe, hey well your out of the wild now! I'd love to spend some time with you. It's been awhile after all. Just name the time and place and I'll be up for anything." He said with a sly wink. "First though, I promised a battle with a grumpy Scizor. Kehehe." He added.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Dexter Patrick Prince || Dead Forest
511.png
17.png
352.png

The Gastly and Haunter were momentarily distracted by Pan's leaping into action, though they did not leave the yellow Pokemon's sides. Pan spit a Seed Bomb towards them, but it merely passed through their gassy bodies. Another weak electric attack emitted from the... uhmmm... reptile? The two ghost Pokemon immediately resumed their tormenting of the Pokemon. "Pan! Leech Seed!" Pansage spit another seed, but without any effect. It simply passed through them. Dex decided to take the matters in his own hands. Telling Pan to keep using Seed Bomb and distract the Pokemon, he rushed into the scene, the gassy bodies of the Pokemon dispersing as he passed through. It felt like cool steam. Pan was spitting Seed Bomb after Seed Bomb, trying to distract the Pokemons. Dex picked up the Pokemon, but he was hit by a Shadow Punch. He was thrown back, surprised by the intensity of the attack on him.

"Haun! Haun!" Haunter cried. Suddenly, both of their eyes glowed yellow. "It's Hypnosis! Pan! Close your eyes!" Dex covered the yellow Pokemon's eyes, and closed his. He felt a starnge warmth hit his skin, comforting and soothing. When the feeling subsided, Dex risked to look around. The Gastly and Haunter were approaching him, preparing another Shadow Punch. "Pan! See-!" A flash of red light appeared, and Camo popped out his ball. Imeddiately, Camo used Shadow Sneak, scaring the two Pokemon away.

"We need to get this Pokemon to a hospital," Dex told himself. He tried to stand up, but he wobbled. He thought he sprained his ankle, but he is not sure. "Let's go back to Rosie," he led his two Pokemon to the general direction from where they left Rosie. The Goletts were nowhere to be seen. "Pid! Rosie! Where are you?!"

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor || Oak Town

After walking for a good half an hour Conor and Poliwag stood smiling at the entrance to 'Oak Town'. "Wow" Conor thought, as he looked onwards to the streets that were buzzing with people and Pokémon alike. As he and Poliwag entered the town, Conor's stomach started to growl. As Conor and Poliwag looked around, they spotted a restaurant. "Perfect, let's eat Poli. I'm starving and I'm pretty sure you're hungry too".

Upon entering the small restaurant, Conor and Poliwag looked around and found a table near a window and sat down. Conor was studying the menu when a man arrived at the table with a notepad and pencil in hand ready to take their order.
"May I take your order?" asked the waiter as he peered from behind his glasses.

"Uhh could I have a toasted sandwich please?" Conor asked the waiter peering down into the menu.

"Certainly and for your Pokémon friend here?" responded the waiter looking at Poliwag.

Conor looked at Poliwag and smiled "A bowl of Pokémon food would be great thanks".

"Not a problem my friend" the waiter insisted as he finished writing down the order.

The waiter turned and headed towards the kitchen. "Such a polite young man" he thought.

Years

Sylvia Hanson

"Can you help me?"

Should I? It's not like I owe her anything, hell she barely even talked to me... then again this isn't something stupid and trivial so I should probably do the right thing.

Sylvia sighed quietly to herself before speaking to Holly
"Sure, I'll help you get her to her bed. You can contact the nurse or a doctor if you need to, I can stay with her whilst you do that if you want." Sylvia then wrapped the unconscious girl's right arm around her shoulders and used her own body to support her weight, the same way that Holly had her on the left
"You need to tell me where we're going since I don't know where her room is."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernanvard - Hallways

"The pokemon center Brian. It'll be a short battle I presume. Roberto is an excellent battler in his own right and Red Legion trained, unfortunately Synpe has none of those qualities going for him." Roberto perked up at this a bit, and of course his pride was something he took great revel in. He would indeed show that ghost just how the Red Legion worked. He didn't want to be too forceful and put him in the center, that wouldn't look good at all to outside eyes, he just wanted to beat a few lessons into his skull, that was all.

Finally the arrived at the center and Roberto's eyes locked into Snype. Lucia made her way over, a bit curious as to why Mark now had new pokemon around him. "Hey there Mark. I hope class wasn't boring for you. Well, shall we get this started?"

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
[Finally back! Can't wait to continue here!]

Steven Yew
picture.php

A Discovery
Volcanic caves

Yew wiped the sweat off his brow as he toiled at the walls of the cave he and Tetra were presently in. He had discovered a large femur in one of the walls a few days ago, and now intended to reveal all that was present along with the bone that now sat in a crate near Yew's feet. Tetra worked alongside him as the two worked to excavate bone after oversized bone.

It was a good hour before they were able to excavate the main prize of the search, the skeleton's skull. They worked for another half hour to excavate the few remaining bones, and then exited the cave, all of the discovered bones in a crate the Tetra now carried.

This skeleton, Yew brought directly to his forensic lab, something that had taken the administration an aganizingly long time to approve. Once there, Yew realized that he had missed his first class, much to his dread. However, the immensity of his newest archaeological find quickly brushed this thought out of his head. Yew and Tetra began laying out the bones as they would appear in a general figure, once they were set up, they could be moved to fit the shape of the pokemon.

"Judjing by the powerful leg bones, along with the boxed yet lengthened skull shape," Yew stated once they had finished, "I do believe that we have found a recent ancestor of the Ryhorn family." The Pokemon appeared to be at least 500 years old, yet remained younger than 1000.

To this, Tetra replied, Chances are, they were a species native to only the island that were outperformed by the more adapted species from other areas, introduced by humans. Yew nodded, and jotted this down, along with many other complex equations and measurements. Yew lost track of time as he proceeded to inspect, record, label, and otherwise study the skeleton that sit on his lab table.

Professor of Pokemon history and mythology

Party:
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Fixed Float!

Years
Holly Amarosa

Holly frowned and walked into the dorm, still holding Kayla. She she led Sylvia to Kayla's room and barely managed to open the door. Molly held the door open with Psychic while Holly half-pulled, half-dragged Kayla to her bed. The Pokemon that were sleeping there woke up and looked at Kayla groggily. "What happened?" Rosemary yelled. Primrose stared to pace around nervously and frowned. Holly felt Lumina's Pokeball shake and sighed. "Not now," she muttered. She looked up at Sylvia. "Please watch Kayla," she whispered with tears in her eyes, running out of the room.

Holly ran to the Pokemon center as fast as she could, desperate to get help for her cousin. She pushed the door open and looked around nervously. "Someone help!" she yelled. A nurse ran to her and frowned. "What's wrong?" she asked. Holly looked up at her and didn't bother to wipe the tears from her face. "My cousin," she whispered. "Two nights ago, she got attacked by a Scyther in the forest and injured her leg. Yesterday, she got an infection and got sick. She tried to walk around, but passed out. P-Please help her..."

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor || Oak Town

The waiter returned to the table with a toasted sandwich in one hand and a bowl of Pokémon food in the other. "Enjoy my friends" exclaimed the waiter as he set the food down on the table. Then he left the table and headed off to take someone else's order. Conor and Poliwag instantly dug into their food and finished off every last bite.

As they finished off their food, Conor leaned forward and pulled some money out of his pocket. He walked up to the counter and paid for the food they received. As they excited the restaurant, Conor looked at this watch "We still have plenty of time left Poli, want to have a sit down on one of those benches?" asked Conor as he looked down at Poliwag and pointed to some benches not far from where they stood. Poliwag smiled and nodded and with this they headed towards the benches to have a sit down.

As they sat there, Conor stared up into the sky. "I'm going to have to get strong" he thought. "I want to make my parents proud" with this Conor reached into his bag and pulled out another Poké Ball. "And you Ralts, I just don't know how to train you, maybe someone at the Academy knows how to train you". Conor placed the Poké Ball back into his bag, turned and looked at Poliwag. "You want to head back buddy, maybe someone is at the dorm now that can help us?" Poliwag jumped up in agreement, so Conor put on his bag and he and Poliwag made for the town exit.

Years

Sylvia Hanson

Holly requested that Sylvia watch Kayla, which she had already made a point of volunteering to do, before running out of the room. What Sylvia hadn't counted on were the concerned pokemon in the room that were glaring at her and Shiva as she kept watch over Kayla's unconscious form.

Wonderful the suicune dorm student thought to herself, the situation being made worse by Shiva returning the glares.
"Stop making the situation worse and try to keep her cool" Sylvia instructed her pokemon, to which the ice-type replied with a sigh. Shiva climbed to the bed and used her cool body as an ice pack for the unconscious girl.

Zayne Alta

Zayne had been in the midst of training with Andromeda when he had noticed the familiar face of Steven Yew and his Gardevoir, Tetra, hurrying across the landscape followed by a floating pile of bones. Zayne took note of this and, his curiosity piked, began to follow his colleague having Andromeda keep tabs on him so he didn't lose him in the growing throngs of people. Soon enough he found Yew, who was working on something in what seemed to be some sort of forensic or archaeological lab. As Andromeda landed next to him the two entered the room
"That looks interesting, what have you got there?"

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

Brian chuckled a bit and smiled as Lucia bragged about Roberto. He smiled warmly, seeing Mark and his pokemon.

"I dunno, Mark is a great battler and Snype is really tough. Last time I batted him Thyme was almost beaten. I think Snype will be alright." he said, waving at Mark. Thyme was busy with Snype, as expected. Even Brian could see her softened and gentle expression. Duster was... Exploring Mark's Pokegear. Brian had to admit he was a tiny bit jealous, but it was fine. and Leena was...

"BOO!" she shrieked, floating out of the bag. Brian yelped and almost fell off of Nova's back, then frowned as Leena laughes merrily, floating around him. Thyme was ignoring Leena and held Snype's hands.

"If it's that particular Scizor, then he needs to be taught to respect a lady. He has a hard head, but I am sure you will win." she said softly, turning around to face the others. Nova walked over to join the others and looked around.

"Hey Mark, how is it going?" Brian said in a friendly voice. Leena floated to him, and he grabbed and hugged her, making her giggle and phase through him after a minute

Megaman765

Years
Snype gave a grin to Thyme. "Kehe. Well we'll have to see when I battle! Wish me luck!" Snype said with a wink. Mark returned Snype into his Pokeball temporarily and handed them to Nurse Joy at the counter so that they could get healed. Brian and Lucia had arrived as well. He noticed the look Roberto was giving but Mark wasn't intimidated. He just faced a fairly scary teacher after all.

"Yeah Lucia! Just getting my Pokemon Healed up. I'll be ready in a few." Mark said. He looked over to Bri next.

"Hey Bri! Haha. We don't chat as often as usual! We really gotta fix that. How have you been?" Mark asked. His Pokemon were quickly healed and brought back to the front counter. Mark picked up Snype's Pokeball and let him back out to get a good stretch for battle.

Snype felt completely rejuvenated and let out a large stretch, partly showing off for Thyme. He was ready to battle Roberto and was beaming with confidence!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Ciel

Ciel was wandering past the Pokemon Center. He was looking for his next class. There was a sudden whine from by his feet and Brie cuddled up on top of them, almost knocking him over. "Br-Brie?" The Pokemon growled and whined, looking really determined to just keep him there at the moment. "We have class Brie." The Pokemon stuck out its tongue and Ciel sighed, sitting down on the dirt road. "Come here, silly." The Absol perked and tackled into his arms. "Ow..." he whispered, letting the creature sniff at his face like he was going away and absently butt his horn into the other's hand.

He wished he knew what was making his Pokemon so upset. Then again, it was just a baby.

Skye

Skye watched Rei critically. She was a lot weaker than Volca if you took levels into consideration. However, she was also a Lapras, and by that definition, it made her absolutely the best for this situation. She looked down at the larvae and blasted him with water. Volca sputtered and glowered at Skye, who raised an eyebrow. He really thought he would be forgiven right now? His temper was just... it was just so annoying.

Maybe he was more like the bug than he thought. That thought posed a dangerous question mark in the back of his mind, even though he knew if he was like any of his Pokemon, it was Rama and his mischief. With a smile, he waved at Rei. The Lapras cooed at him, lowering her large head so he could stroke her chin. Volca snarled and leaped at him, electricity jolting from around his features.

Ellie's eyes flashed and she smacked him to the ground with an Iron Tail. "Enough!" Her yowl was loud and Skye winced and rubbed his ear. "Honestly, are you a fighter or a whiner? Skye did the best he could, but if you weren't such a idiot, you might have won! We almost got kicked out of the Academy because of your crap!" The cat bristled and spat, only calming at Skye's soft touch to the back of her neck.

The boy ignored the two Pokemon proceeding to bicker back and forth, focusing his attention on praising Rei and Rama for their hard work. He patted the Lapras once more, then returned her. He would take her to the beach later. She would like that. Rama, however, was practically limping, and only their promise was preventing him from putting the wild fox into a Pokeball and rushing him to the Center. Instead, he gingerly lifted the fox into his arms. For once Rama didn't protest.

Returning his gaze firmly to Volca, he gave the Larvesta a tiny smile. "Nuh-ho bah-hattles for a whuh-while." Then he returned his partner with a sigh.

Volca was his strongest Pokemon, but he wasn't the best. So he couldn't give him what he wanted that easily.

It was decided then. He would have to get more Pokemon. One to take the place of Pala, and one to round out his team.

Pala let out a high-pitched yawn from his backpack and he laughed at her, petting her blue head. He didn't want her to fight, not anymore than she already had. It wouldn't be fair.

Ash

Hehe, all right. This could be fun. Now, to use one Pokemon or two? Two would be extreme, but one would be mocking them. Even Ash knew she had mocked them enough. Hehe, well that settled that then. "Aight," she chirped. "Here's how ready I am. Kira, Carrie get out there!" She released her Lucario again, who gave her a look of amusement before smiling at the pair of opponents. The Drapion was the obvious opponent but the bird would be the real entertainment. Just because. Carrie let out a chipper roar as she flapped her wings, hovering over the water.

"Carrie," she called and the Charizard soared in, allowing Kira to leap on and hover over them, watching the Drapion with a curt nod. Without a word, Carrie let out a burst of flame towards Drapion.

Years
Holly Amarosa

Holly held her tears back as she dragged the nurse to her cousin's room. Rosemary blinked and ran around nervously. "Help her!" she yelled. The nurse walked over to Kayla and frowned. "What happened?" she asked. "How long as she been unconscious?" Holly whimpered. "I told you what happened," she whispered. "And she hasn't been out for long. Will she be okay?" She watched Kayla breathe raggedly and held her hand. The nurse put a hand on Kayla's forehead. "She's burning up," she whispered. Holly nodded. "She has an infection on her leg... Is that what's making her sick?" The nurse nodded and looked at Kayla's bandaged leg. "She should have come to get it checked," she said urgently, unwrapping Kayla's leg gently. Holly frowned, remembering how much walking Kayla had been doing the day before. "She should have been resting," she whispered. "Instead of trying to help me make friends..." She started to cry as the nurse checked up on Kayla's leg.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Beach

So they were facing a Lucario and Charizard? This is gonna be interesting. The Charizard let out a flame burst at Sting, who wasn't caught off-guard this time. Sting was just barely able to avoid the attack, though. Shawn had a sinking feeling that she was just toying with them, knowing she could crush them quickly. He had to think of something quickly.

He turned to Kiki and Birdy with an idea. "Hey, Kiki," he asked, "Sting could probably hold his own against Lucario, but not while they're flying. Maybe if Birdy would distract the Charizard, Sting could use his Poison Sting and hopefully poison the fire-type. You think it'll work?"

Sting was listening to them concocting a plan, but he was itching for battle. He turned to his opponents, waiting to make his mark and get some payback for that attack.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Pokémon Center (Room 5)

As the red-haired girl slept, the Gastly that had been giving her a horrific nightmare was hit in the core by the Skitty's Zen Headbutt. Since it was its weak point, it was a critical hit and the gassy Pokémon was very weakened. It used the little energy it had left to make a run for it, going through the wall like all ghosts, however it fainted upon reaching its trainer.

The boys looked at each other and gulped down, without saying a word. After one of them returned the Gastly, they both stared at the girl, with their cheeks still red as a Tamato Berry, then ran off as fast as they could.

The screaming shadows suddenly vanished, and Alice could see the forest again. She sighed in relief and took some deep breaths to calm down. She got back on her feet and attempted to walk, but she felt too weak. She collapsed on the ground and her eyes closed.

Alice started to move around in her bed. The air felt a lot more clean and clear to her, and she felt warmer. Her eyes slowly opened, and she found herself on a bed, all covered by blankets almost in the same way as she was back in her room earlier that day. She looked around, confused, as the headache returned and she narrowed her eyes.

"Ugh...Whe...Where am I?" she said, rubbing her eyes.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard - Pokemon Center

"Yes... that is what I hear." Lucia said to Brian. "Though Roberto will have a good match then."

As mark healed up his pokemon and a ghost came out... supposedly being alright with Brian, Roberto got ready for battle. Ghosts were tricksters, they all were. He had to expect Snype pulling tricks in battle such as falling down and acting like he had fainted, or perhaps using Confuse Rays on him or doing something else to get him unbalanced. He would have to be cautious about this, Protect was the key to this battle, but at the same time if he used it too much then the more powerful attacks would no doubt get through his defenses. Okay... so what did he know about the little cretin? Well... nothing really. He put on a good facade as a caring guy, he had to admit that. Roberto knew deep down inside though that he could have all sorts of tricky moves. He had to prepare for the worst, which had to be moves that could cause confusion.

Lucia nodded as Mark once more let Snype out. Mark... this will be too easy, she thought. "You ready then Mark?"

Roberto immediately fell into his battle position, spreading his legs just a bit to get him a boost when he jumped forward. His wings were out and ready to flap to give him an extra boost. He knew his Hyper Beam would be no good against the ghost, he would have to use his other attacks. He glanced over at Lucia, "Lucia, this will be my battle alone." He made the appropriate signals with the sign language that all Red Legion knew.

In turn Lucia smiled, "Mark... it seems Roberto wants to battle Snype one on one, without my aid. Is this alright with you?"

Megaman765

Years
Mark led Lucia outside of the Pokemon Center into a more open area. Sparks were going to be flying in this battle and the two would need all of the space they could get. A couple of students seemed to be following them too... clearly overhearing about the battle. A small number though. They weren't expecting a long battle. It was a puny Sableye! What chance did he have? Nonetheless, they had an audience this time. And Snype loved to have an audience.

Snype watched Roberto do certain signals toward Lucia to supposedly communicate with her. Roberto wanted to battle without her assistance. Well if he was going to play it that way, So would Snype. He humorously, mimiced the signals that Roberto gaved to Lucia but improvised it a little. Mark looked at Snype a bit confused as he made up his own gestures.

"Um... I'm going to guess that means Snype wants to do the same thing." Mark said with a chuckle. Snype stepped forward to Roberto and gave a grin, standing in a fighting stance.

"It's just you and me now big guy. Here's to a good fight!" Snype said. He had a move at his disposal that would surely even things out. All he had to do was find the right moment to use it... Rather then use Detect as he normally would have started with, he took off with the offensive and used Sucker Punch on Roberto, aiming to jab his chest.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard - Pokemon Center

Roberto glanced around the crowd and down at the little ghost. He could feel his pincers tightening and he began to slowly snap them together. He could see Snype already making his way to him so he began to start with a countermeasure. His body glowed a bright white as he placed a Safeguard over his carapace. The Sableye ended up punching him right in his chest.

His hard plating took most of the force and he in return readied a Metal Claw and rose it up to hit it right into the Sableye's face. He had to cause as much damage as quickly as he could. The face, he had to aim right for his face. Nowhere else. He was more than eager to see how beaten up the Sableye could get before he would have to give up.

Back