• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Possible remake

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
A lot of people are talking about a D/P/Pt Remake. What would you like to see if it happens?

I want to see Darkrai become avalible. it's unfair to only have cresselia, they go best together.

Explodinator

Yours truly
Years
I would like the soundtrack to be improved. I don't want any of the songs to change, I just think they should be better, a lot of people overlook Sinnoh's jazzy soundtrack simply because the instruments they used in that game all sound bad. I think I like Sinnoh's music the best, if only it didn't sound like crap, making me constantly look for satisfying remixes or covers instead of the real version. (Aside from the Pokemart theme, which is the best thing ever)

It's not like they couldn't have done better on the DS, Heartgold and Soulsilver sounded way better by comparison. Speaking of that, they should bring back walking Pokemon at some point. After all, they should work on SOME interesting and newish things, I always missed walking Pokemon, that's the best thing about HG-SS in my opinion. A cute 3D model Chimchar following me = instant buy. However, if they do bring this back, they'd have to ditch Amity Square and make it something else.

Another thing, the Great Marsh was the worst safari zone ever, it had stupid, boring and forgettable Pokemon, most of which can be found in the wild anyways, and no rare Pokemon that one could hunt for. (Not that I remember anyways, I almost never even went there and nothing stood out last time I looked at its Bulbapedia page.) What I'm saying is, get rid of the Marsh and make it something else with more interesting, worthwhile catches. NOT another Friend Safari though. That idea is stupid.

Another thing, since this game got a third version, that slightly complicates things. Would they erase Platinums story from existence? Would they have two versions based on Platinums story? But Platinum was a one-off, how would they do it? I'm not saying I don't want a gen 4 remake, I was actually disappointed when they chose 3 over 4, but I can see why they did. I'm just concerned about how they would do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
Years
What I'm saying is, get rid of the Homosexual Marsh and make it something else with more interesting, worthwhile catches.
...Seriously...? Out of all the terms you could've used to show disdain toward the Great Marsh and to shun it, you decided to go with "homosexual?"

Another thing, since this game got a third version, that slightly complicates things. Would they erase Platinums story from existence? Would they have two versions based on Platinums story? But Platinum was a one-off, how would they do it? I'm not saying I don't want a gen 4 remake, I was actually disappointed when they chose 3 over 4, but I can see why they did. I'm just concerned about how they would do it.
How would this complicate things at all? Every generation so far, save for 6, has had 3 versions (technically gen 5 had 4) and Gen I, II, and III have all been remade. The answer is that they would implement the story from Platinum into the remakes of Diamond and Pearl in some way.

Also, we're at least three years away from a Gen IV remake. Honestly, the expected timeline for the games, at least as I see it based on GameFreak's past goes something like this: Some time in Q1 of 2016 they'll announce Pokemon Z (my guess is around late-February for 20th anniversary of Red/Green in Japan). Some time in Q4 2016, they'll release Pokemon Z. Some time in Q3 of 2017 they'll announce Gen VII. Some time in Q4 of 2018 they'll release Gen VII. Some time in Q2 of 2019, they'll announce D/P remakes. Some time in Q4 2019 they'll release D/P remakes. I'm not even totally convinced that Pokemon Z will be released by the end of 2016 to be honest, but it's been a cycle for basically twenty years now and it's not hard to predict at this point.

As for what I want, something where the game's story progresses more naturally. It felt very forced in Gen IV. It would be smooth sailing for the first few gyms, then they'd absolutely cram story down your throat, then you'd fly through all but the last gym, then they'd cram tons more story down your throat, then you'd fly through the last gym and the E4 and it would be done.

That's pretty much it, honestly. That being said, it's pretty unlikely we'll even see these games for another 4, maybe even 5 years. I'm worrying about the next two releases first.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
Years
Sorry I made you grumpy.

You don't know the half of why homophobia makes me "grumpy," and you clearly don't get it, so I just ask that you be more conscious of your vocabulary, okay? Sorry if it feels like I'm attacking you, but that kind of stuff is serious. I have no idea who you are or how old you are, but from the sound of it, you're pretty young and you probably don't quite get it yet. I'm sure you'll find out just how serious a problem homophobia is as you grow up. I'm just trying to speed that process up a bit.

Now, let's move away from this, shall we?

Gen IV Remakes -- Probably won't happen for another 4 years and when they do the only thing I want is a story that doesn't feel so temporally impaired. It would also be nice to see character customization brought back.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I would like the soundtrack to be improved. I don't want any of the songs to change, I just think they should be better, a lot of people overlook Sinnoh's jazzy soundtrack simply because the instruments they used in that game all sound bad. I think I like Sinnoh's music the best, if only it didn't sound like crap, making me constantly look for satisfying remixes or covers instead of the real version. (Aside from the Pokemart theme, which is the best thing ever)

It's not like they couldn't have done better on the DS, Heartgold and Soulsilver sounded way better by comparison. Speaking of that, they should bring back walking Pokemon at some point. After all, they should work on SOME interesting and newish things, I always missed walking Pokemon, that's the best thing about HG-SS in my opinion. A cute 3D model Chimchar following me = instant buy. However, if they do bring this back, they'd have to ditch Amity Square and make it something else.

Another thing, the Great Marsh was the worst safari zone ever, it had stupid, boring and forgettable Pokemon, most of which can be found in the wild anyways, and no rare Pokemon that one could hunt for. (Not that I remember anyways, I almost never even went there and nothing stood out last time I looked at its Bulbapedia page.) What I'm saying is, get rid of the Homosexual Marsh and make it something else with more interesting, worthwhile catches. NOT another Friend Safari though. That idea is stupid.

WHy would they need to get rid of amie? they are not the same.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Let's get back to the topic guys. Also Explodinator, please be considerate of the words you use and how you use them. What might not be offensive to you, may be to someone else. Keep that in mind when you post.

If a remake were to come out - and let's face it, it's highly likely that it will - I too am hoping that they will include both Cresselia and Darkrai in them. Darkrai has always been pretty much an event Pokemon, so I am not sure if it will ever be made available as a catchable in-game Pokemon, but who knows! The franchise has seen games that have taken a few sharp twists and turns in regards to design, story and mechanics so I'm sure there is hope that they could switch things up and make Darkrai available. I for one would love to be able to catch it, not having ever been able to without cheating it in. It is a pretty cool Pokemon after all!

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
- Megaverse Cyrus has an advisor, and its none other then Cyrus from Platinum. The distortion world is one in all universes, much like Giratina. This makes Team Galactic even more dangerous, cause Distortion Cyrus gives em the knowledge needed early on.
- Mount Coronet is given the upgrade it needs. Its huge, imposing, and the cave system rivals the underground.
- The poketch is as useful as the Pokenav, and it even makes phonecalls, replacing the VS Seeker!
- BF absolutely needs to come back, Tower Tycoon Palmer is the rivals father ffs.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
A remake of these games sounds rather interesting. There's nothing much about it that I want changed. I think it's great the way it is. =)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
I usually get super-hyped about upcoming remakes and then after I play them I just don't like them. This has been a rule since RedFire/LeafGreen and still persists on OR/AS. I just can't. I wish they would stop doing remakes to be honest :(

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
If a remake of gen 4 were to come out, I'd like to see the pokétch come back with new and improved features, possibly the dex nav (or an app that shows what can be caught on the routes), a map app, and new/improved Amie features.

Improved music is a given, but I'd like to see how they improve it.
I'd like all the events to be available (i.e. Darkria, Arceus, Shaymin).

More mega/primal evolutions. (Long list! I know they might not all have a mega/primal, but hey, I wanna see these).
Spoiler:

I would like to see a traveling salesman just in the new games in general.. Like he sells special balls (like the apricot balls from johto) and other items that you can only obtain 1 of like leftovers or mega stones (version exclusives if any).

Also another thing (which I doubt GF will ever do ) is to make HMs forgettable!! That is still the most annoying thing.

Oh and also some post game content. Maybe something like the delta episode. But for giratina instead of rayquaza. Maybe bring back soaring. Or have someone you can talk to to so to some islands like the sevi islands to catch unobtainable Pokémon.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
I would totally get a Gen IV remake! I have some nostalgia towards that generation seeing how my very first Pokemon game is Platinum. I hope they model it after Platinum seeing as how it fixed some major pacing issues from Diamond and Pearl. The jump in technology in this generation would be great to compare and contrast. Also, since the Wi-Fi services in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum have been disconnected since 2014, it gives reason to remake it while having updated battle mechanics for the sake of modernity; already, the fourth generation is aging quite a bit with all that has happened in the last two gens.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
NO
But it would be cool to see the region and stuff revamped, I'd rather have Pokemon Z/X2Y2 first.

Years
Everything from X mixed with everything from Platinum + following Pokemon. Just seeing the 3D remastered Sinnoh would be enough.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Of course the next remakes in line would be D/P, but they should also be the final games.
If you disagree, doesn't matter, but it'd be a good place to end off without dragging out the series further than it already has been

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Scince I played Diamond when they came out, and Platnium and Pearl only this year it'd be a bit soon for me. 4th generation games still hold up quite well, but scince they are on the DS family I'm honestly not sure if Nintendo would want them remade. But I'd enjoy seeing them if they did :)
Just a few good reasons TO remake them:
Nintendo wifi is no longer in existance, you can only trade in person now and this really makes the games as a whole outdated.
Shaymin has not been avalible in many years, we could really use a new Shaymin event and this would be a sure thing with remakes. (Darkrai and Manaphy would be great too)
The games are getting harder to find, especially with how many counterfit carts are out there (Yes Gamestop has tons of bootlegs of DS games) - which was a huge problem with RS/E

Again, I still think the games are modern enough they may not warrant a remake. Events would be nice however for all of us who missed them.

Hiro Aku

Grand Cyndaquil Trainer
Years
Would love to see Team Galactic come back with a more experienced set of pokemon for each team. The sound track I would love to hear even more improved and completely revised to where it sounds greater than usual. I love the game's exceptional map layout, as there isn't too much water and too much land. (You could argue that there is more land yes.)

Other than that, I would love to see the starters have a mega or something extraordinary.

SparkLord

sah dude
Years
Ok, I loved Platinum to DEATH. I created a new save file on it, and I still have not beat Cynthia! The DP Series was my personal favorite Gen and Pokémon game. But why Nintendo??? Why did you give Hoenn a remake but not Sinnoh? Ok, i want you guys to try to guess what the Mega Evolutions would be and what it's name would be. Comment.

Personally I would think there would be Mega Bidoof!!! It would have JOHN CENA's body, and Bidoof's face on it. LOL!

This may not be Gen 1, but it's still a old game. How long ago? 9 Years? Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I would gladly accept Sinnoh remakes, but realistically, we won't see them till Gen 7 or 8. And that's fine, and I'm okay with that because that would mean that they will be that much better and on a new platform.

Back