• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Master Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
How's the game now ?
Any new update?
I'm still support the game^^

Quazale

How does my smile look?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 23, 2010
Looks Great Phoenixprime88b5, Keep up the good work.
Lookin Foward to it

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
Here we go, eveyrthing is going well, I'm working on the game but this time there have been slight changes the game, I will need to remap the original regions from scratch but the game will start in a new region instead of Johto. Master Quest is renewed. New screenshots will be ready sometime in March and the first demo in April.

New Changes:
- New Region Added
- No Female playable character (Sorry ladies...)
- Deeper Storyline
- Myster Dungeon OW Sprites for Pokemon.

Last edited:

phoenixprime88b5

Years
The game is doing really good. Here's some screenshots to tie you guys over until I can get the other ones ready.

"Is there something behind me?"
Dialgia-2.png

"Good Guy or Bad Guy?:
Trainer.png

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

screenies! =D
they look cool =)
so does the new enemy chick.
why are the pokeballs so spaced out?

phoenixprime88b5

Years
After deciding the premise of the game, the other regions will not be included but rather visited for the game's story purposes, the reason is the leveling of pokemon and the time needed for mapping. If the you travel to all the regions (Johto, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orange Islands as well as the other areas, the levels of pokemon would be very high and near or at 100 sooner or later for the trainers of certain regions near the end of the game.

As well as mapping limitations in the rpg maker xp system, including cities, towns, routes, interiors and caves. It would be a sky high amount of maps that map bypass the amount allowed even with scripting. So what I planned to do since I planned to do a multi-regional game, I will incorpate certain key areas of the regions for the game's story, but the regions will not be fully explorable.

I'm sorry if some of you may be disappointed but I wanted to make a good quality pokemon fangame and the full experience would be ruined by super leveled trainers and pokemon. It wouldn't be a good idea to just put NPC's and gym leaders in the other regions, so instead I will still allow a way to allow the trainers to obtain the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Orange Islands badges, by a special means that will be a surprise in the game as well as elite four members and champions of the other regions.

But like I said the game will be in a new region, it will have it's own gym leaders and elite four/champion and badges but will still feature all four team gangs, all 493 official pokemon. If you guys do have a problem with the change, feel free to reply with ideas (Be courteous and nice about it though) on how the game could feature all the regions entirely without ruining the experience and possible mapping and event limitations and any other thoughts that could help.

More updates soon!

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

thats alright dude. we dont NEED all rgions, and i understand what u mean by time and lvs and what not.
i didnt kno there was a limit on how many maps u can have tho...
good luck =)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, seeing as the Map ID is a three-digit number, logically, you can only go to MAP999.
So you can have exactly 1000 maps (including MAP000).

phoenixprime88b5

Years
Your right Wichu, that would be a logical amount of the number of maps, but the mapping wasn't just one of the issues. If I could gather a team and we all worked on mapping all those regions; cities, towns, interiors, caves; what about the gameplay, trainer wise, eventually the levels would be sky high for trainers or pokemon encounters in one of the regions.

j.a

awesomenesses!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2008
The game is doing really good. Here's some screenshots to tie you guys over until I can get the other ones ready.

"Is there something behind me?"
Dialgia-2.png

"Good Guy or Bad Guy?:
Trainer.png
dude i LOVE how you maid the trainer have rayquaza wutchumacallems

phoenixprime88b5

Years
*Yay! This thread's 100th Post!*

Okay, the date for the screenshots were moved up today, it was unexpected but the old screenshots are gone, the new screenshots of the game now are now up on the first page of this thread. Of course, I'll have more screenshots and updates, but the demo will NOT be ready until April.

Last edited:

FallenJedi88

Apprentice of the Dark Lord
Years
This game is looking awesome, better than most that I've seen, can't wait till April. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back