• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Dragonstone Version [ALPHA 1.63 FINAL EDITION]

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Ok, I am so lost. I got my team;

Lv. 11 Surskit
Lv. 12 Houndour
Lv. 6 Larvitar
Lv. 11 Bulbsaur
Lv. 11 Charmander

The point is, I only went to Professor Birch to get the letter, went to that cave, but I can't go to that gym, or anywhere else. And that upper route with grass, it has no Pokemon.

Hinkage isn't in the cave. He's at the Lake of Serenity. That's also why you can't go to the gym yet. :P

Alexander Nicholi

Years

New screenshots!

Here's some new screenshots for the soon-coming release of Alpha 1.8, mostly from the new major city, Deadwood.
Spoiler:

Does anyone have general (non-major) suggestions as to what they'd like me to add before I release it?

Alexander Nicholi

Years

Critical Update

I'm sorry to say it, but the flash drive containing all of the project files for the up-and-coming Alpha 1.8/1.9 were lost when the end broke off of the drive. I'm going to have to start all over again.

I am sincerely sorry and apologize for the inconvenience.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years

Critical Update

I'm sorry to say it, but the flash drive containing all of the project files for the up-and-coming Alpha 1.8/1.9 were lost when the end broke off of the drive. I'm going to have to start all over again.

I am sincerely sorry and apologize for the inconvenience.

That sucks:( hope you can get the 1.8 out soon this hack looks pretty cool.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
That sucks:( hope you can get the 1.8 out soon this hack looks pretty cool.

I'm thinking of releasing a bug patch first though.

Right now I've planned this hack on paper all the way up to beta 1.5. I've also finished the map of Kohto on paper. I wish I could scan it so I could release it, but no scanner, sorry. :/

diando

This hack is very interesting. But there is one thing I have to know, after the gym is beaten I can't do anything. Is there another trigger to this story?Where are you supposed to go?

P.S. Don't own a DS anymore. Forget about my sig I haven't been on here in a couple years.
Actually my Last Visit was: April 13th, 2010 at 10:32 AM

EDIT...

Just realized that you said earlier that it only goes up to the 1st Gym. Good game so far.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Yeah, if you guys didn't know already, the bug fix version Alpha 1.62 is out and ready. All of the bugs in Alpha 1.6 are FIXED. However, DO NOT download Alpha 1.61. It was originally going to be the official bug patch, but I left a hole while repairing the gym battle script, which causes a movement reference to 0x000000 in the ROM. Obviously, not good.

By the way, I've also started another ROM hack (of Ruby as well) that is to be the counterpart to Dragonstone. Thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
This looks really awesome, and I am so sorry you lost all of your work. I can not even begin to imagine how frustrating that must have been. But this looks really incredible and I hope you can manage to continue because I look forward to seeing this completed. Good work so far!!

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2013
i have played on the pokemon dragonstone game and got as far as dlivering the letter and wining the gym match and now im totaly lost and dont know what to next can i get some help

Last edited:

GentlemanPotato

Trying to evolve without trade
Years
I think i'm having a bug. When I talk to the guy searching for a magikarp, i battle that organization guy and my PC crashes. Help?

Last edited:

Sceptylos

Saint
Years
After defeating the Quaz Aliance dude at the very beginning of the game my screen fades and stays that way, any help?

Alexander Nicholi

Years

Update

Alpha 1.63 has been released due to a Null Reference Exception discovered in the Magma Encounter/Fisherman Script in Alpha 1.62.

If any of you find any future errors, please tell me!

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Alpha 1.7 Preview

Here are some screenshots of the upcoming release, α1.7.

scr_0001.png
scr_0002.png
scr_0003.png
scr_0004.png
scr_0005.png
scr_0006.png

I've also designed a support banner for y'all in Paint.NET!
banner1.png

Code:
[PLAIN][IMG]http://alex.twigzone.net/i2/banner1.png[/IMG][/PLAIN]

Thoughts and comments are always welcome. :)

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Hello from the year 2024!

I'm posting after nearly ten years to announce the release of a commemorative, doubly-archived final edition of my beloved fan hack, the very first video game I ever made. The opening post has been completely overhauled with full explanations about this, and new screenshots abound better than ever before. Naturally, I'd like to give you all one last shot to see it before it floats down for good.

I put a lot of effort into playtesting this game again both to collect those screenshots and for old time's sake. Needless to say, this is a very sentimental moment for me. Thanks for reading, and enjoy my game.

Back