• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon would you associated with a thief?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
I want a character that's a thief and I can't think what Pokemon would best suit the role. I'm thinking Purrloin's my best bet at the moment.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
What about a Sneasel/Weavile? They're both very stealthy and cunning Pokemon, with sharp claws perfect for cutting through glass.

Or you could use a Zorua/Zoroark since their ability allows the character to have an instant disguise or hidden trap.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Pretty much any sneaky Pokemon that does well in the darkness. Even a Ghost-type, like Gastly and its evolution line or mischievous Misdreavus, could be used. Really, think of the first Pokemon that comes to mind when you think "sneaky" and go with that one. Or dig a little deeper and use one that people might not expect but still fits the role.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I think almost any Pokemon can be portrayed as a thief, so you long as you describe them properly.

For some reason I can see a Jigglypuff being a thief, despite it being all pink and cute

so it's really all up to you!

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Anything could be a thief - and indeed, there's probably some comic value in having a lolloping, ungainly Wigglytuff thief - but if you want a Pokémon that visually and conceptually (i.e. in the idea behind it) will suit thievery then it's probably best to stick to the Dark-types, with a few notable exceptions.

Purrloin is explicitly stated to be a compulsive thief in its Pokédex entry; a Zorua or Zoruark, themed around deception, could be envisioned as a thief, too. Meowth is another (non-Dark) kleptomaniac - several of its Pokédex entries state that it hoards shiny things, especially coins. Murkrow also like shiny things and apparently steal from Meowth hoards even as Meowth steal from theirs; their R/S entry states that they try to steal rings, too. Sableye eat gems, so might conceivably steal precious stones if they can't find any in the usual way.

It's worth pointing out that the only Pokémon to learn Thief by level-up are Poochyena, Mightyena, Lombre and Kecleon, at least one of which seems like a shady sort of character to me.

Also, Cacturne always puts me in mind of someone waiting to mug you, though I'm not quite sure why. I have a feeling they probably beat you up and eat bits of you rather than steal stuff from you.

To summarise: you could make any Pokémon a thief, if you wanted to. But if you want something that visually and conceptually supports that character, there are plenty of potential candidates.

F.A.B.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Why don't you make a Pokemon very unlikely to be a thief but physically suitable be one?

For example, Joltik, the world's smallest Pokemon, is cute but can go around unnoticed.
Also, you could use sudowoodo, which could do the same as Zoroark/Zorua.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Jigglypuff puts you to sleep, Scrafty, Zoroark, Weavile, Misdreavus, Meowth, Murkrow and any other Dark type.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
The Writer's Lounge has a rule against posting in threads that are over a month old. Check the date of the last post in a thread before responding. Double-check the rules of a section to see their rules on bumping old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back