• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2013
ive been using pokescript for a long time but i have decided to move along to XSE but when i run it it just closes instantly . any help ?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hey everyone! Got a (hopefully) simple question here, not sure if this is where it belongs, but I'll give it a shot: I have several rom hacking tools that won't start up, most notably NSE classic. If I activate the program, I get an error, saying 'unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application'. This made me asssume my .NET was broken, but most other applications work just fine. Anyone got any tips? Currently running .NET 4.0 on a virtual windows machine (in case that might help).

Yeah, you should reinstall the .NET framework, and I believe I have heard problems from people trying to run hacking programs on virtual windows machines, I guess the don't play well.

ive been using pokescript for a long time but i have decided to move along to XSE but when i run it it just closes instantly . any help ?

We need a specific thread just for this question. i have answered it at least 20 times on here, and others have answered it as well.

Go download the settings.ini file for it (if you don't already have it) and change the autoupdatecheck to equal zero. If the line isn't in there, add a new line for it just above [format] and it should look like this (without the quotes): "autoupdatecheck=0".

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
- Do you know maybe of a step-to-step guide on starting your own hack?
I have an idea forming in my mind, but I don't know how to even begin implementing it and the tutorials I have seen did not help me much.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I have an idea forming in my mind, but I don't know how to even begin implementing it and the tutorials I have seen did not help me much.

Try to first get down some of the basic ideas for the hack first.
Things like the story, a list of features you want to include, a map of the region's towns/routes/ect (rough map in paint or something) and then begin to think of what you want to include for ingame events at specific towns. Once you've done that, then you're well on your way to start mapping these places and eventually scripting them.

karatekid552

Years

I am going to tell you that there is no guide to creating a rom hack. Only guides on how to use the tools to do it. Why? Because rom hacking is all about creativity. A guide about how to make one (in order to not damper on creativity) would have to be so general that it was pretty much useless. The only true steps there are, are:

1) Learn how to use the major tools efficiently (A-map, A-trainer, XSE/PKSVUI, NSE, UnLz-GBA)

2) Organize you idea into a nice flow chart of events.

3) Just do it. Start small by making your first town and then proceed from there, one town/route at a time.

If I give you anything more, you will start leaning on my ideas and it won't be as creative as it could be.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm having problems with Trader Advanced that I hope you guys can help me with: I have a v1.1 FireRed rom and I can't seem to open it (Run-time error '63': Bad record number), yet it works fine with a 1.0 version. Is there a fix for the 1.1 version?

P.S: I just want to change the names of in-game traded pokémons, so if there is an alternative tool that I can use, please let me know.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem (or an alternative)?

Thanks in advance.

karatekid552

Years
Does anyone have a solution for this problem (or an alternative)?

Thanks in advance.

You could hex edit it in yourself, or use FRv1.0. Most of the good stuff (like JPAN's engine and most tutorials) and more tools are supported by FRv1.0. Most people just skip v1.1 in their tut's and tools, so it isn't a very good choice. Sorry bro.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Hi guys, lately i've been trying to make a serious hack, but i have some problems at mapping.
I need tutorials that show me how to make different maps, without having to use the game's tiles and stuff, i've only found tutorials that explain me what each button mean.

If you dont understand me, ask me some questions and ill make the question more understandable.

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
What's the difference between FR 1.0 and 1.1 anyway? I didn't even know there were two versions.

karatekid552

Years
Hi guys, lately i've been trying to make a serious hack, but i have some problems at mapping.
I need tutorials that show me how to make different maps, without having to use the game's tiles and stuff, i've only found tutorials that explain me what each button mean.

If you dont understand me, ask me some questions and ill make the question more understandable.

I have a post a few pages back entailing all of this, let me dig it up.

It was like 10 pages ago, but whatever:p

I changed the Script to where it will Accept it, and i get an offset with free space but when i paste the offset code, in plave of the 0s in the "0x00000..." it changes, and it wont stick to the one i chose.
In Advacned map.

And i was also asking,lets say i distrubte the rom for free like planned. And other people download just the GBA file im editing straight through instead of a patch, Would i have to keep the Saved RBC files with the scripts or does hitting compile in XSE save them into the rom without needing the external RBC files?

And thank you on the last question :3

When you hit compile, it turns all of your words into numbers and adds them to the rom. So, you do not need the rbc files, but they are good to keep as many scripts are similar. Therefore, you maybe able to use old ones as reference points or templates. I do this A LOT!

A-map doesn't use 0xXXXXXX, it uses the $XXXXXX instead. Then, you must click save:p.

When you distribute the patch, also include the game code (AXVE, BPEJ, BPRE) so that they know exactly which game and language to patch. Also include the version number (1.0 or 1.1) for FR.

Here is Lu-Ho's tut on how to add (not replace) new tilesets: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156018

Here is a tutorial on adding tilesets in general: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=186982
Like FBI said, just type in tile sets and hit search!:D

And another good tutorial, (I hope...:)): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=193377

For animating tiles, this should be useful: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260619

Now I am just going to use a spoiler:

As you can tell, this Vicodin is making feel really good so I didn't mind finding all of there tutorials. I'm also pretty bored too.:D

What's the difference between FR 1.0 and 1.1 anyway? I didn't even know there were two versions.

From what I have heard: cheat code prevention and bug fixes in 1.1. That is all I know.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
I have a post a few pages back entailing all of this, let me dig it up.

From what I have heard: cheat code prevention and bug fixes in 1.1. That is all I know.

Oh thanks, and your derpizard hack(That looks extremelly funny), that needs lunar ips patch.

I need to know if ips hacks work in psp gba emulators, every ips hack i try to put on my psp never works.
I would like to play it :D

karatekid552

Years
Oh thanks, and your derpizard hack(That looks extremelly funny), that needs lunar ips patch.

I need to know if ips hacks work in psp gba emulators, every ips hack i try to put on my psp never works.
I would like to play it :D

Have you patched the rom? I included a .aps (A-ptch by HackMew), .ups (similar to .ips), and a .ips. They all work, I personally tested them on a Ruby (AXVE) rom. Are you actually opening up lunar ips and patching a clean rom? Or just putting the patch on your psp?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Oh hey Guys! I was wondering how to remove the truck intro in Pokemon Ruby but WITHOUT any Bugs or glitch? I tried one but it got glitchy tiles, and script errors. PLEASE help.

karatekid552

Years
Hey! It's you again! Thanks dude! You're a lifesaver! I'll try it later.

EDIT: I tried to download it but ZShare is dead! Does Anybody Have A Copy?

Yeah, I just remembered that I had to pm him for an updated link, I'm searching through my old pms, which I thankfully saved, for it. Give me a sec.

Just wondering here, is there some way to have the TM's not break once you use them?

Yes, I believe there is a thread around here somewhere.... Most likely in R&D.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Yeah, I just remembered that I had to pm him for an updated link, I'm searching through my old pms, which I thankfully saved, for it. Give me a sec.

Yes, I believe there is a thread around here somewhere.... Most likely in R&D.

Okay I'll wait for it. Tnx dude.

EDIT: Uhh... Dude, I'm not rushing you but can you find it in an hour or so because my internet supscription is ending soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Tnx Dude karetekid552! Oh! How a about the loot script?

Where you battle a pokemon like e.g. Ho-oh and get an item like potion but he gives it to you after beating him. A sample script?

BTW I tested the truck remover but it only removed the animation and now I can't get out of the truck. I was searching for a tool that will make you start in your room. Advanced IntroEd messes up my tiles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back