• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2013
I fixed the problem with Pikachu by restarting the game. But now the Squirtle event won't work.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
This is weird... this looks like non-edited Route 16...
The Snorlax isn't supposed to be there... not to mention with this OW...
Can you save in PC, repatch the ROM and then try again?
I can save in the PC. I tried repatching, same thing. after I did the repatch and got the same results, I used the Fire red walk through walls, to bypass this to see if there was any other changes and the rest of the game was the same as if it wasnt edited at all. cycling road, Fuschia city, the fly girl was there but acts as though she had given you the HM, the super rod was were it was over were it was. I think you get the picture. The only thing that was weird was I did a 360 back to pallet town and as soon as you try to enter pallet from the south the game freezes. not sure If it was a bug, or caused by walking through walls though.. If you can redirect to a up-to-date version of this I would appreciate it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I can save in the PC. I tried repatching, same thing. after I did the repatch and got the same results, I used the Fire red walk through walls, to bypass this to see if there was any other changes and the rest of the game was the same as if it wasnt edited at all. cycling road, Fuschia city, the fly girl was there but acts as though she had given you the HM, the super rod was were it was over were it was. I think you get the picture. The only thing that was weird was I did a 360 back to pallet town and as soon as you try to enter pallet from the south the game freezes. not sure If it was a bug, or caused by walking through walls though.. If you can redirect to a up-to-date version of this I would appreciate it.
I hope you did not repatch the old ROM o.o

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
what do you mean by patch the old Rom?

Ash was reffering to the Rom that you have patched to make your own walkthrough;

He wanted to say that you have to patch a NEW Fire Red rom in order to make it work; so you have to download it from here and then patch it with Ash Gray's IPS files get it?

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
:\when the new version with orange islands is ready to download with orange islands?

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
Hey guys i need some help here:Can I have the 3.6.1 version read my previous save files?
If not is the "Bad to the Bone" episode the only one Metapod23 has left out? And does the 3.6.1 version continue beyond the Indigo League? Please I could really use your help because I've worked so hard raising my Pokemon and i don't want to start all over again

PS: If the solution to my problem has anything to do with ips patching I have no idea what that is so a little extra help there would be very much appreciated.

Pokemaster234

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Hey guys i need some help here:Can I have the 3.6.1 version read my previous save files?
If not is the "Bad to the Bone" episode the only one Metapod23 has left out? And does the 3.6.1 version continue beyond the Indigo League? Please I could really use your help because I've worked so hard raising my Pokemon and i don't want to start all over again

PS: If the solution to my problem has anything to do with ips patching I have no idea what that is so a little extra help there would be very much appreciated.
hope this helps:
If you saved in the game not emulator,and you patch beta 3.6.1 at it,it will work.
Bad to the bone was not "left out"(Remeber the Ninja guy with a Marowak at the route?)
and no. Beta 3.6.1 ends when season one ends,at Pallet Party panic.
Ips patching is easy. First, get Lunar Ips and a clean Fire red ROM (google for Lips and for
fire red Rom get it at Fonzy95's Post).next,Open lunar Ips and select "apply Ips patch",Choose The Ips file of the beta and next the Fire Red Rom.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
Thank you for your help! Still this is what i don't get about patching! I already had the previous version of Ash Gray and now i downloaded the 3.6.1 version (so now i have both the old version with the emulator saves the ones i want to keep, and then the 3.6.1 version with one in-game save) and i already have the Fire Red Version fully completed. Now i downloaded the Lunar IPS and i don't know exactly how to patch it..

Pokemaster234

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Thank you for your help! Still this is what i don't get about patching! I already had the previous version of Ash Gray and now i downloaded the 3.6.1 version (so now i have both the old version with the emulator saves the ones i want to keep, and then the 3.6.1 version with one in-game save) and i already have the Fire Red Version fully completed. Now i downloaded the Lunar IPS and i don't know exactly how to patch it..
click on "apply IPS file",Later click on the IPS file and next on the Fire Red ROM
hope this answers.if not google it for more info

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 19, 2016
I've finished 3.6.1 about five times already. I wish Metapod would post the new beta already!
I tried Naranja Orange, but, based on what I've seen with AshGray; Metapod's version would be very much better!!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
I've finished 3.6.1 about five times already. I wish Metapod would post the new beta already!
I tried Naranja Orange, but, based on what I've seen with AshGray; Metapod's version would be very much better!!

Trust in me, NO ONE hack is like this; may be you can give a chance to Ash's Quest but it would seem to you "mediocre" in some ways.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Hello, I will start the project of translating this game into Spanish but I have some doubts.....
The latest available beta of the game really where it ends?
I thought reading that ends in the Orange Islands, once there, then you can go back to Kanto or the game "crashes" there?
Thanks

Back