• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Kiki

At the mnion of the word beach Kiki immediately lost all thoughts of going to class. Shawn wanted to go to the beach! What a great idea!

"Oh th beach! Can we go now?" she asked, her eyes alive. She ran over and scooped up Cynder and Birdy, the later of whom let out a very annoyed squawk. He was not used to people grabbing him, clearly. But he fluttered to her should and let out a nice coo at her. She pranced back and grabbed Shawn's hand, not really giving him any choice.

"Let's go, come on!" she cried happily.

Drake

Drake listened thoughtfully to her words. Heh, of course she was worried about the store owner. He was too. And they obviously had plans for the school. And of course Kiyoko, but Valorie was one of the toughest trainers out there. She would protect him. As would Drake. Still, Team Rocket was troubling him. Why on Earth would they be here? Here, where the risk was the highest at being caught. Then Mana brought up Killik and Valorie being spies.

"I can say with absolute certainty that Valorie is not a spy. Lance wouldn't have asked me to train her if she was. And as for Killik, you will have to trust him or not. I trust him, so I will think he is not a spy. And as for me, I am not either. You can not fake being a dragon master after all." he said confidently, giving her a very regal look. He didn't even consider if she was a spy. She just didn't have the making to do anything covert. She was like himself, like Lance and Clair, like Valorie, she called attention to herself by just being herself. someone like that could not be a spy. He then felt his heart rend at her next question.

"Do I dislike you? Of course not! You are my friend. And as for Valorie and Killik, I am certain they like you as well. Now cheer up, you will probably see one or both of them during or after class." he said with a smile, checking his watch. "Which... You probably should be getting to soon."

Last edited:
Years
Ryan Newson

"Oooh! An inventor! That sounds fascinating!" Ryan was leaning forward listening intently. He had always been fond of the idea of creating things and judging from the gadgets that this girl wore, she was a very good inventor at that.
"It's nice to meet you to, Whitney! You too, Pidge!" He stood up as he said this out of formality. He then noticed another girl walk in, this one seemed upset. But he knew it best not to question. He knew how much people, especially himself, hated to be asked, 'Are you alright?'
"Good morning, miss." Ryan said, in response to her. She had a simipour out beside her. Ryan smiled at this, having pokemon out with oneself is a great way to overcome emotion.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - heading to the beach

Shawn smiled as he thought, "Here we go again." Kiki grabbed his hand and sped towards the beach. He tried to match pace, but with every step he took the pounding in his head grew. As they ran, he saw someone at the beach. She was standing there, as though waiting for something or someone. As he looked closer, he recognized her: Sammy! So she was in their class after all. But why was she waiting there?

They got to the beach and Shawn cutched his head, feeling like an Earthquake was unleashed on his brain. He quickly reached into his pocket and took out another painkiller and quickly swallowed it, hopefully before anyone saw it. The last thing he needed was for someone to treat him differently because of his injuries. He turned and waved at Sammy, smiling, "Hi again. What's going on?".

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Academy Grounds --> Eggs & Breeding 101

As Issac approached the academy's main building he pulled out his xtransceiver to check the time.
"Oh No! Class starts soon! I'll have no time for breakfast! Guess I'll rough it until lunch." He said to himself as he returned his xtransceiver to his bag and pulled out his schedule to check the room number.

A breeding class with Lexi... Styles? I wonder if she is related to C.J...

As Issac approached the academy's main entrance, he put his schedule in his pocket, opening the door afterwards and entered.

Let's see now..

He walked the halls aimlessly, not paying much attention to anything or anyone around him, until finding the correct room.

Here we go!

Issac entered the room of all strangers and went straight to a seat with nobody sitting around it.

No C.J... I hope he is in this class. No teacher yet either. Hmm.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

Gwen Deallus - Classroom.

It took Gwen several minutes to find the correct room for her first class, and when she finally pushed the door open she found several students already sat sporadically throughout the room. After glancing around uncertainly Gwen made her way to an empty seat and set herself down upon it. The first thing she noticed was that the teacher, 'Lexi Styles' was notable only by her absence. Several of the students were muttering between themselves and Gwen assumed that they were discussing why the teacher had not turned up.

Gwen wondered absent-mindedly what would happen if the teacher were to not show up, and a half formed thought considered whether her absence was related to the announcement about team rocket this morning. Perhaps the teacher had been confronted by a member of team rocket? The thoughts slightly unnerved Gwen so she pushed them out of her head.
Without anything else to do Gwen pulled a leather-bound book from her bag and set it on the table. Letting the book fall open to the page she had previously bookmarked, she pushed her glasses up slightly and began to read in silence.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard - History/Mythology

"Oh... he's a boy... sorry, he just looked so feminine. Well, they did a good job then." She said with a small giggle. "Well... it is Brian. Here is the thing... for several years scientists have been trying to create devices that could allow humans to speak to pokemon. There have been major dollars put behind such research, including my father's. It would make communicating with the Red Legion and the other pokemon of the household so much easier. Many humans can't talk to pokemon, it's a language barrier. They speak their own language and we speak ours, I'm surprised no one has told you that."

She frowned, "Well, if you were born with it, then you must have some unique genetic code, something that allows you to be able to speak their language or at the very least understand it. Or it could be that your brain is wired differently than the average human's. I couldn't understand Roberto's words even if I tried, it's why he's been trained to have certain movements or gestures to relay different messages to me."

She shrugged, "Though, have you heard about the Rockets? It's hard to believe isn't it?"

Meanwhile Roberto was up against the wall, just looking at the boy as they talked. He could be a Rocket... especially with such a unique abililty. He would have to take care and not reveal any specific plans while he was around.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Practical Battling
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie flinched and drew her hand back, taking away the offered items with haste as Thyme showed her open hostility. It seemed her actions had accidentally frightened Valorie, whom had no desire to take a leaf blade to the face. None of the boys will want to look at me if you wreck my composition, Thyme... She just sort of cringed as the teacher proceeded to scold her, her shoulders drooping in a helpless manner. But... but this wasn't /her/ Snivy! Not yet anyway... What did she know about snivies anyway? Nothing! She was snivy-ignorant, a nincompoop of snivy-ology! Her expression said it all, downtrodden and defeated she prepared to start writing, producing a seldom-used pen and some paper. She stared at Thyme for several long moments with a rather distraught look on her face before she began writing, occasionally glancing up at the pokemon. Frankly, she had only gone out of her way to study dragon-type pokemon. Even if serpents were debatably dragon-like in nature she simply hadn't made the jump? Could one blame her?

She was confident the teacher would, anyway.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Kyle Haden

The wave finally smashed into the shore knocking Kyle off his feet. When he got back up he could see Chroma making a silent laughing motion. The wave caught the arrogant kid off guard as well it seemed. The kid looked very agitated.

"Are you stupid?" the kid barked.

Kyle couldn't blame the kid, he did make a massive miscalculation regarding the earthquake. Now he was prepared for the kid's Pupitar to go on the offensive, but the Pupitar didn't attack... It fainted. The wave must have knocked it out. The annoying kid returned his Pupitar and sent out his last Pokemon.

"Go Hyperion." the kid said as a Larvesta landed on the drenched sand. The Pokemon look determined to avenge its comrades.

Kyle was pumped. His first battle at the academy and he only had to beat one more Pokemon to win. He put his hand in his pocket to turn his music up and started rocking his head in a rhythmic fashion.

"Looks like your sweatin'." Kyle said energetically.

Years

Zayne Alta

Not long after Zayne had finished explaining the workings of the class and the first task one of his late comers arrived at the door
"Sorry I'm late. It's so unlike me to be late for class." Honestly, Zayne didn't much care if it was like him or not, but said student was still late no matter how he tried to explain himself.
"Late is late, you can come and explain yourself to me after class, one of your peers can explain the task to you since I have already done so and don't particularly want to repeat myself".
Guess I am pretty tough for a new teacher... I may need to work on that.

It was clear to Zayne that the majority of the class had not been expecting the nature of the class and painfully obvious that very few of them really understood the pokemon before them. It had been not even ten minutes when the first student began to pester him
"I'm finished..." Zayne raised an eyebrow, either this student was really good, a prospect he doubted, or they had almost no grasp over the pokemon they had chosen to work with, a geodude. Zayne took a single sheet of paper from the boy to discover that only a single, short and poorly written paragraph adorned the page.
Guess it's option number two.
"This is far from finished. You have only told me the moved your geodude knows, its ability and what it looks like. There is far more to it then that. You need to tell me every intimate detail of its appearance, its personality, its strengths and weaknesses both type-related and otherwise. As much detail as you can think of. I'll come back to check it later."

Zayne made a round of the class, several more incidents such as the previous occurred but the majority of his class seemed to have everything down. One student, the blonde girl who was studying the Snivy - which clearly wasn't her own, seemed to be quite distressed though. He figured he should see what was bothering the girl, he figured she wan't very knowledgeable on grass types.
"Is everything okay? Your name was Valorie, correct?"

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Roxas Jaden Asakura
Team Rocket member
Cafetaria.

025.gif
197.gif
448.gif

Roxas listened the Rosalyn's explantion for why she was skipping first class. Seems like her older brother is a teacher here but... he isn't allowed to find out she's attending this school? "But won't your brother find out that you're in this school when he looks at his students list?" Roxas asked her. "I mean... I don't think you can keep it secret from him because he will find out about it anyway." Roxas explained his words from earlier. "Also... if other teachers are talking in the staff room and you become their topic, your brother will find out as well." Roxas decided after this that it wasn't very nice of him to make a girl all worried.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't meant to make you nervous if I did." Roxas quickly apologized and patted Jaden who was still on his shoulder. "I wonder if i'll be able to find my second class when the time comes..." Roxas mumbled and took a bite of another sandwich. "Please feel free to take one as well." Roxas said to her. "Jaden got them for everyone afterall." He smiled at her but right at that moment Obilivio was like "Oh really?" and took two sandwiches. He likes joking so much...

Mana Murasaki
The Espeon girl
At the Cafeteria.

196.gif
471.gif

Drake claimed that Valorie can't be a spy because a person called Lance recognized her and told Drake to train her. She's such a lucky girl to be recognized by a famous dragon trainer. Drake also told her that they just had to trust Kilik that he wasn't a spy. Mana nodded with a small smile, then she'll have to trust Kilik as well. Drake answered the question that she had feared so much and even called her "a friend". Mana's face brightened up as she heard the words she hadn't heard from a human before except for her mother. He even told her that Kilik and Valorie probably would like her as well and she just hoped that he was right.

Drake then looked on his watch and mentioned that class would be starting soon and that she probably had to go there about now. "C-Class...?" Mana repeated with a stunned face. "Oh no! I'm going to be late!" Mana immediately stood up and called both Felicity and Fox back who were both awkwardly smiling at her since they already knew she was going to be late. "I'm sorry! I gotta go, i'll speak to you later, Drake!" Mana ran off and left to the hallways to the class she was assigned too. Her teacher was Zayne Alta so she had to get going to his class.

Once she finally found the class she was searching for she entered quickly and interfered the man's lecture. "I-I'm really sorry for being late!" Mana said as she tried to catch her breath. "I promise it won't happen again!" Mana quickly sat down behind a desk and didn't bother to look around to see who were her classmates for this class. They would probably find her weird for storming in like that... Well done, Mana.

Dements

What the duck?
Years
Calvin Bastion

Once Larvesta came out the kid said,

"Looks like your sweatin'."

The kid then stuck his hand in his pocket then began nodding his head up and down. With this confusion Calvin just shrugged off the comment and continued the battle once more when saying,

"Hyperion use Flamethrower."

The Larvesta then spit out an elongated flame directly at the Metang burning all the sand under it turning it all black.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Practical Battling

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Kilik had a hunch he was late for class. Now he has to explain himself after class. For now, it was time to get to work. "Yes Mr. Alta," he answered, getting to an open seat nearby. Better get to work. The only thing, Alta wouldn't explain what they were doing to him, as in repeat what he had already explained. So Kilik was left a little lost. Perhaps he could ask Valorie for help. No, wait. Alta's checking in with her. So who else? Kilik didn't know who else to ask help from. This class was about battling too. There is no way Kilik is failing this class!

At that moment, Mana comes into class late. It was an odd coincidence to have her in the same class. Kilik can't worry about Mana or Team Rocket right now. What was the assignment?

Gah! What the he** did he talk about?! It's no wonder Kilik got assigned to the Entei Dorm. He's a failure. A failure...

Colony

Years
Kyle Haden

The Larvesta used flamethrower on Chroma and engulfed the beach in flames. When the fire subsided the only thing that could be seen was Chroma fainted. Kyle was starting to get nervous, but in a good way. He grabbed a Pokeball and called Chroma back. In a quick motion Kyle threw his last Pokeball in the air.

"Go Tarot, finish this!" Kyle yelled.

His Kadabra landed firmly on the sand. The Pokemon was spinning its spoon rhythmically between its fingers.

"Use Psybeam!" Kyle said.

Tarot immediately stopped playing with the spoon and aimed its hands at the Larvesta. A large sequence of pink waves were launched towards the Larvesta.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Skye

Ah... I'm late.

Well, it was more accurate that he had simply missed class entirely. He was too far away to get there now, and he really didn't want to go. He usually loved to learn. Not today. Skye was too bothered to think straight at the moment, and that could bring consequences he know he was not even close to dealing with right now. So he was training at the moment, and in the one place he knew something could be done.

His Larvesta let out a strange noise and threw himself toward him, body glowing with electricity. Skye twitched and shuddered, even as Rama crashed into the bug.

"Da heck man?" Rama panted. His fur stuck up everywhere and he trembled where he stood. "Quit takin' your guff out on big boss! I'm yer opponent, not 'im!"

"Isn't he... supposed to be better?"
Volca, who almost never spoke, hissed these words in fury. He hated losing, he could never, ever forgive anything but strategical retreat or until every one of his little legs was broken. "Perhaps I'd do better with the stupid one."

"Guh-hood luh-luck wi-wih thah-hat." Skye glanced at his Pokemon and shook his head. "Cah-ham wuh-wuh-would druh-drop you nuh-nuh-no mah-hatter what. Yuh-you're spuh-spoiled Vuh-holca."

Ellie yawned from where she sat on a rock. "Cam is a lot of things wrong, but he wouldn't treat you nicely, like Skye does. He'd see you as a fighter, and he'd treat you like one. This temper tantrum... wouldn't happen. Skye lets it because he's different. So shut up already." Her tail flicked dismissively at the larva and a pink light lifted the bug up into the air.

Ciel

Ciel shyly sat down in his Berries class. He didn't look to see if anyone was in there, simply releasing Momo to sniff around. The Skitty mewed and sat in his lap, purring. Ciel felt his stomach rumble and sighed. He would eat when he left. There was probably time between his two classes. At least, he hoped there was.

Ash

Ooh lookie here, the kiddies were showing up. Ash jumped down from where she sat on a rock. "Yo everybody," she greeted, casual grin splitting her face practically in an asymmetrical two. "Name's Ash, glad to meetcha, if I haven't seen ya already." She chuckled, glancing at each individual student. Then, her eyes flickered. "This morning, we are going to be talking about self-defense in a different manner. I'mma thinkin' all of you can make a fist and actively punch it with enough force to hurt, so we're skippin' that today."

She walked to stand in front of her students, expression surprisingly serious for her twinkling eyes. "In particularly nasty Pokemon battles, attacks get thrown left, right, center, everywhere they can be thrown. Most of the time, the Pokemon can take that hit and the trainer is safe from any permanent harm. However, say you're fighting and you're in the "zone", so to speak. Then there's a Razor Wind, and you don't even notice it until you suddenly have some pretty bad bleedin'." Ash grimaced. "I know plenty 'a folks who have had that happen to 'em. Been scared so bad they don't fight again."

The young woman smirked. "This bein' a Trainer Academy, we'd best make sure that doesn't happen, especially with recent events like that bombing, or that Abandoned Dorm. That's what we're working on today. Everyone pair up an' pick a Pokemon to battle with. Make sure you watch your Pokemon move, and be ready to move with them. The stronger and harder to focus the attacks, the better."

Years

Zayne Alta

Almost immediately after questioning Valorie, before the girl could even respond, another female student burst into the room
"I-I'm really sorry for being late!" she blurted out "I promise it won't happen again!" Zayne looked up at the new arrival and sighed inwardly, he certainly had an... interesting class.
I guess that's my last latecomer then.

Zayne used the brief distraction to take in the other students of the academy attending his class, noting two of the student sin the back chatting instead of working and Killik looking around aimlessly, seemingly having no idea that he was supposed to show initiative and find out the task from his peers.
"Well you are very late but we can deal with that later. You will also be explaining your reasons for being late to me after the class has finished. Now as for you, and our other late comer who seems to have missed what I meant for him to do I'm going to repeat to you the first task - Please take a copy of Pokemon Analysis from the back of the room, then select one of your pokemon that will not take up too much space and using the book as a guide write at least a page detailing as much information on the pokemon as possible."

Zayne hoped he wasn't being too strict but regardless he found himself immersed in his new occupation and getting into the flow of teaching more and more every minute he was doing it, even when reprimanding students he was enjoying himself (not in a sadistic way, in a life is no longer boring kind of way).
"Now" he said turning back to Valorie "where were we?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
So the class wasn't particularly self defense relating to hand to hand combat but being able to defend yourself against conditions created from other Pokemon... sounded like something good to learn about. All he had to do was find a partner and think of a good Pokemon to demonstrate this sort of thing. Mark let Len our of his Pokeball. He had just recently evolved after all so why not get him to stretch out his new found strength?

Mark looked around to hopefully find himself a partner. He walked by the different students and observed their Pokemon to see which would make for a good partner... He decided to walk up to Samantha. Someone else had approached her too but it never hurt to ask.

"Hey any chance you two want to be partners?" Mark asked them. Len followed closely behind.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper - Beach

Whoa! What was Shawn doing here? And with a girl - the sly dog! Clearly paying the wounded puppy tactic... By the sounds of it he was in her class too, but his head was all bandaged up for Arceus' sake! There was no way the teacher could expect him to handle such a physically intensive class. Just as she was about to protest that very fact to him the teacher jumped down and launched into a speech regarding what the class was about. Impatiently Sammy paid attention, but she had to give the woman her due. Pokemon battles could be very dangerous for unprepared trainers, and this class was going to put to rest her previous qualms about training both the pokemon and their trainers.

She was about to suggest that she partner up with Shawn so she could keep an eye on him, but then a boy with scruffy black hair and a Poliwrath approached her and asked to partner up. So cool, he must have been able to find a Water Stone! She really wanted to see his pokemon in action, but Shawn... well, he did have that girl...

"Hey there," she smiled to Mark, "I don't mind really, I just want to make sure Shawn's alright. He clocked himself on the head the other night and I'm not sure he should really be taking part in this. As for me though, I'm cool with whatever. My Cubone could do with some practice." She grinned, patting one of the pokeballs clipped to her belt. Cubone would be a terrible match up against a Water and Fighting type like Len...

Dements

What the duck?
Years
Calvin Bastion

The boy sends out a Kadabra next which wastes no time by launching a Psybeam directly at Larvesta. The waves of pink came and hit Larvesta directly. Larvesta though took the hit even though it seemed to do some damage. Without wait Calvin called out his next move saying,

"Hyperion use Struggle Bug."

Larvesta began vibrating rapidly with a lime green mist shooting out of its body in every direction.

Colony

Years
Kyle Haden

The Larvesta took the hit and appeared slightly fatigued afterwords. The bug Pokemon sent out a green mist almost as if shedding scales. The attack landed on Tarot. The Kadabra seemed unharmed, but Kyle knew better than that. He knew that Tarot took damage and that Tarot was losing its mental strength. Kyle decided to launch this one last attack before the Kadabra's condition proved too bad to continue.

"Hurry, use another Psybeam!" Kyle yelled.

The Kadabra used all of its concentration to focus one last Psybeam at the Larvesta. This attack was smaller than the last, but also appeared to be faster.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Thyme

Thyme glared at the teacher. Ok, he was pissing her off. He was acting like he was something special, when he was just another human.

"Lay off of these kids." she hissed softly, her arms crossed, glaring at the man. She flicked her tail, deciding to take up for Valorie and the others, a very charitable snivy indeed. She climbed up to Valorie's shoulder to get a better view of him.

"You need to relax. It's not the end of the world that some kids are late." she said. Imagine, her telling someone else to relax! Was there a full moon out? With that said, she leapt down onto the desk again and gave Val an appraising look. As if she knew the yellow headed girl knew nothing about snivies.

Drake

Drake blinked at the abrupt departure. As for him... What did he need to be doing? All the students were in class, so ne need to open the Day Care... Hm... Maybe he should explore. Or better yet, make some preparations. Yes, that was what he would do. He slowly got up and left the cafeteria, his cape flowing behind him.

Brian

Brian just sort of sat there with a blank look on his face. Lucia was trying to talk science to an eleven year old child. of course it would go right over his head. He blinked a bit, and then he smiled when she began to talk about the Rockets.

"Oh yeah, but I'm not going to run because of them! I'm trying to get all my friends together, and come up with an idea of what to do if they try something! But... I have no idea what to do... I can't think of anything... I sent a few of my pokemon to find my friends to ask them to meet me after class. Would you like to come? I mean, if you want to..." he said, wishing he had a plan. No, he would simply have to hope one of his other friends did.

Kiki

Kiki immediately let go of Shawn and grabbed Sammy's hand when she saw her.

"Hi! I'm Kiki! You friends with Shawn too? It's nice to meet you! Tis is my partner Cynder!" she said very quickly, holding up the shy mouse. With that she listened to the conversation, a goofy smile on her face, and spotted a boy with a polywrath.

"Hi there! I'm Kiki, and this is Shawn!" she called, waving at him. She paused, catching the teacher's instructions. Time to go!

"Go, Mouser!" she shouted, sending out the small rattata, who squeeked.

"And this is Mouser! He's in the top percent of all rattata! Hehehe! Whi is going to be my partner?" she said, holding her mice up, Cynder looking nervous, Mouser a bit timid.

Duster and Leena

Duster and Leena laughed together, the mouse leaning over. She giggled.

"Good idea leaving Thyme in that class! She'll be so mad! Hehehe!" Duster said with a giggle, her grey tail swaying. Leena nodded, floating upside down. She then zeroed in on something.

"Mwehehee~ Time for another game <3" she said happily, floating toward Skye and his pokemon, remaining hidded before popping out of the ground and pulling Ellie's tail.

"Leena! Wait for me!" Duster shrieked, chasing the ghost type.

Back