• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [T]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ivrant Lehort: Inside the Library

Oh..She was serious. This was just her normal attire? Well he wasn't really one to judge. It kinda reminded him of a mage attire in video games. It at least looked good and she didn't look half bad herself! The armor actually looked like real metal just by looking at it. The entire quality of her armor was fantastic. Her grandmother must have been an expert in the craft. Dynamo even seemed to be interested in the style as he walked around the girl and curiously inspected her. The academy had alot of unique characters on it. That or Ivrant just had a tendency to run into them.

"Miss Arle huh?" Ivrant grinned. Rather formal seeing she didn't give out her first name. He would just have to call her by that for now. "Well good to meet you then Miss Arle. I'm Ivrant. Ivrant Lehort." Ivrant chuckled and held out his hand, figuring he'd state his full name. "Yeah though, it looks really well made. Looks like it could protect you from all kinds of stray attacks. Is that real metal?" He wondered, he wasn't about to reach out and touch it himself or anything. He had more common sense then that.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Yukira: The Kitchen and Dorm Room.

He turned the nob on the stove to medium heat and poured a small amount of oil in the pan. As the pan heated up, he cracked three eggs into a bowl and added garlic, salt, pepper and a small amount of milk. He quickly whisked it together without making a mess. As he finished, he heard his Vulpix.

"Good work Blazey." He complimented his pokemon, adding the eggs to the skillet. He turned back around to get the cheese, ham, onions and pre-cooked bacon ready and quickly chopped all of it up into small pieces.

Blazey sat on the counter, watching the skillet. Blazey could tell when the temperature was just right and when something was ready to be tended to thanks to it being a fire type. So it could sense temperature differences.

Dallas had taken over one of the stoves so that he could cook part of his own breakfast. He had been up before the sun had risen, aiding in the cooking of morning breakfast and just watching the cooks in general. Dallas wanted to be a world renowned chef and become a better cook than his father. While he cooked, he wore a long sleeved, black shirt, an apron around his waste and a headband on his head.

"Hmm, what if I add some of this..." Dallas muttered to himself, adding a small amount of soy sauce to the mix of cheese, onions, bacon and ham and then mixed it together. Before he knew it, Blazey sounded again.

Dallas turned toward the stone, mix in hand, quickly adding it across the cooking eggs. He tried his best to make it even all the way across. He sprinkled more garlic over the mix on the eggs. He then waited another few seconds and quickly turned one side of the egg over the mixture, creating an omelet. He applied a small amount of pressure on the edges to seal the omelet with the melting cheese. He waited again and then flipped the entire egg over, barely taking part of the skillet off the heat so that he could get the spatula under the egg without tearing it. Another few seconds passed and it was ready to come out. He picked up the skillet and used his spatula to put his omelet on a plate. It was almost the perfect color.

"That looks amazing! I should take a picture of it!" He smiled.

His Vulpix jumped for joy and then his xtransceiver rang. It had always preferred it over the holocaster, but his father had bought a special one that was a C-Gear, Xtransceiver and a Holocaster all in one. It contained mostly everything needed for a trainer, except a camera. He picked up his C-Gear on a counter away from the cooking so it didn't get messed up from cooking.

"Yo." The face of his father showed up, waving once into the camera.

"Oh dad. I just made an amazing omelet! I think it is better than your's!" Dallas exclaimed with a big smile.

"Really? Let's have a look then!" He father smiled.

Dallas turned the C-Gear to the omelet. His father started to laugh as he saw it. And Dallas' smile turned to annoyance and he sighed.

"I wouldn't serve that! You still have some work before you beat mine!" His dad laughed.

"Seriously? Come on look at it!" Dallas exclaimed.

"I am! And I am seeing mistakes."

"Like what?"

"Well first of all, the filling isn't even across the eggs. So the egg has ripped at the top, allowing the scent to escape. When you make an omelet, you want the smell to overwhelm the consumer when they cut into it. Also, one side is lighter than the other. It looks like you had the skillet off the heat on the lighter side, so it didn't cook evenly. You did well sealing it with cheese though, but a little more wouldn't of hurt. Next time, put some cheese on the bottom before the rest of the mixture. It will help seal it better. It could have been fluffed a little more as well, but that isn't a huge deal." His father explained.

Dallas sighed, "Ok. I'll try that next time."

"Who is it for?" His father asked.

"Me. I came in the kitchen and helped cook some of the breakfast for the students of Suicune. Now I am cooking my own." Dallas answered.

"Oh come on! I figured you'd be cooking for a girl by now! Especially if you have my charms!" His dad laughed.

Dallas put his C-Gear around his wrist and looked down at the screen, "I just got here a few days ago... I was one of the first new students here. In fact, I haven't met any new students yet."

"Well I am sure this first day will be full of encounters. You should have a package or two sent to your dorm today. I figured I would get you some things on my travels." His father said.

"Sweet! Are they Vinyl Figures!?" Dallas' excitement rose.

"Possibly! I will just say I am in Sinnoh right now! I hear that Cynthia's figure is worth a fortune!" He smiled.

"Awesome Dad! Thanks!" Dallas exclaimed.

"No problem son! Anyway, call your Mom soon. She is probably asleep right now, so wait a bit. Tell her you are doing ok. I need to go, I am about the get bombarded by orders." His father said.

"Ok. Bye Dad!"

"Seeya son!"

The C-Gear clicked off.

Vulpix looked disappointed now.

"Don't worry Vulpix. We will beat my dad and his Arcanine one day." Dallas said, petting his Vulpix on the head.

He looked down at the omelet and studied it, able to see the slit that his Dad told him about. He sighed and took his food. He also grabbed some other food, but he didn't get much. He knew that he was going to try new flavors of Macaroons tonight and he needed to gather berries. He had already made some jerky for the trip to the forest in case he got hungry.

He also brought out his Alolan Vulpix, Freezy and feed her and Blazey together. After they finished eating, he returned them to their Poke Balls to rest up.

Dallas had finished eating before most students had arrived and he was heading back to his room to prepare for the day.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
His room was recently emptied. It was said that the last person in it was the daughter of movie stars and dragon trainers from Unova, but he didn't know her. His room was the second floor, third door on the right.

He did realize that there was a lot of care in the room. There was even a note on the bookshelf.

"If you are going to use a computer or have books. Take care of them! I will know if you don't! I will hit you with my own books if you mistreat books!"

There was no name, but he could understand why. He was a bit of the same way with his cooking ware and vinyl figure collections. All around his Dorm Room, there were Vinly Figures of famous pokemon trainers like Wulfric, Alder, Brock, Misty, and countless others. They all had little bodies and big heads, except Wulfric, his had a big body and little head. He loved vinyl figures and he couldn't wait to open up more. He hadn't completed any set of famous trainers so far.

Famous Pokemon Trainers were not all he had though, there was also super heroes and super villains inspired by pokemon. They were called Underwatch. Some of the most well known heroes were Riolu Boy and Brycen-Man. There was a hero or villain for every pokemon known and they continued to add more. However, he was more interested in the Famous Trainers. Although the Famous Trainers couldn't even compare to the 'Food Battles!' vinyl figures which were cooks and chefs that had pokemon battles while cooking. They also had cooking battles where they just cooked, or pokemon battles. The most interesting was the Food Battles. The chefs and cooks had to battle over ingredients and still had to watch their own cooking at the same time.

There was a number of books and movies scattered around the room as well as a TV and Laptop on the desk and stand. Along with all of that, there were a number of notebooks filled with recipes and experimental recipes.

"Ok... So I need to catch a water type pokemon... How about I just check some stuff on the internet and the guide book before I leave to look around." Dallas said, taking a sit at his desk and typing in things on the internet.

Last edited:
Years
Name: Rylie Larus || Dorm: Suicune || Team:
y53yvPB.png

Rylie's Dorm Room

"Ugh, Dang it!" Rylie Cried out, falling backwards onto her bed with a solid thud. With her Pokegrar in her hand she couldn't help but read over her recent messages again. "What the heck was I thinking? Giving my number to a boy on my first freaking day here... Not even first day! First morning! Am I trying to make a name for myself already? What was I thinking?!" Shoving her Pokegear back into her pocket she rolled over to her side in bed, looking over all the boxes that have yet to be unpacked.

"I wasn't thinking, That's the problem..." she said continuing to scold herself. "What do I do from here? He seemed kinda cool about it, well if you ignore the dorkiness of the message. Still though, At the very least I need to follow through with my promise of beating him!" Finally getting up from her bed she quickly shuffles through the boxes in her room. Various items being tossed aside lazily on her bed she quickly found what she was looking for, smaller box with a blue pokeball logo on the cover and a map of the island, both of which are thrown into a light blue backpack.

"And If I'm going to beat him, I can't have this be Hakan's first battle in weeks. He might not realize it, but that pokemon of his has just as much as an advantage over Hakan as he has over it." By now, Rylie was slinging a much heavier looking coat over her shoulder, backpack fastened as she headed out the door to her dorm. "According to the map there's apparently some Ice Plains near the school, should be the perfect place for Hakan to warm up before our battle, and on the off chance that we do have class... I don't know, I'll just say my plane came in late."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sydney Florencia Ramirez

It didn't take long for Sydney to reach the Academy itself. It certainly was impressive although it didn't quite have the awe inspiring size of the Castelia City skyline. But then again, what did? She stopped to study her map a little more closely before making her way to the Suicune dorms. A little more searching and she found her dorm room thankfully placed on the ground floor. It wasn't particularly big, especially not compared to her room at home, but that was okay. She didn't expect to be spending an awful lot of time in here anyway. Still… probably best to unpack the mountain of clothes she'd brought with her.

Almost everything she owned was stylish or trendy – at least in Unova – although she did grimace when she found the costume she'd worn the one time her mother had managed to pressure her into performing in a Pokémon Musical. How had that wound up getting packed with all of her normal clothes? That went straight to the bag of the closet, no way would she be caught dead wearing that around the Academy.

"Su?" A tiny voice squeaked from her bed, the enormous pile of clothes still to be sorted and put away sitting on it gave a small tremble. Sydney laughed and started pulling clothes off until she found her bag under the debris, a disgruntled Pachirisu head emerging from her bag.
"Sorry Miko, I guess I wasn't looking where I threw things. Feeling better?"
"Pa pach pa ru!" Miko responded, mollified by the apology.
"I tell you what, give me a hand with this – you can handle the socks – and then we'll go and get some food. Sound alright?"
"Pachirisu!"
"That's what I thought. Come on then."

With Miko helping things didn't exactly go a lot faster, but they felt like they did, the two chattering back and forth as they worked. Before too long their work was done and everything was put in its place… even if the closet was a tight fit. The textbooks her father had given her were neatly lined up on the bookshelf and her laptop sat closed on the small desk. She'd put a corkboard up on one wall with pictures of her family and home pinned to it, along with images of some of her idols and notes reminding her of things she needed to do. Even her old Teddy-ursa bear had made the trip with her, sitting on her bed in all the tattered majesty childhood companions invariably hold. Satisfied with a job well done Miko clambered back into Sydneys' satchel bag and the two set off, locking the door behind them as they navigated towards the cafeteria. The place was full of activity and it looked as though the staff planned to serve food consistently throughout the day to accommodate for the different arrival times of all the students.

"Okay, let's see… Pokémon food for Miko – check! Human food for me…" She mused aloud.

From somewhere back in the kitchen she could smell something amazing that made her just need to have an omelette, so that was what she settled on, along with a fresh glass of Pinap juice. She navigated through the crowd of students to a table that was mostly empty and sat down, setting the Pokémon food to one side for Miko. The electric squirrel quickly slithered out of her spot in the bag and jumped onto the table, happily chowing down with an excited squeak. Sydney couldn't help but smile. Miko was her best friend and it always made her happy to see Miko enjoying something. She started in on her own meal, all the while thinking about which of her two goals to tackle first. A proper Pokémon battle, or catching a new companion? The lack of classes today meant she had plenty of time to do both but prioritising them was difficult. Oh well, maybe the answer would have come to her by the time she finished eating.

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan
In the Cafeteria (Day 1)

As Lucas was searching for a path, he heard Ace growling. "Ace, I'll be fine," Lucas said as he turned around, expecting to see Ace staring up at him. Ace wasn't there! Lucas started to panic, but then he remembered putting Ace back in his Poke Ball. Then what was growling? Lucas thought as he heard another growl. Lucas looked around, then felt his belly rumble. Oh. Lucas resumed his search with a renewed fervor. He soon found a path, and he decided to go left. He picked up his pace and was soon out of the forest. He could see Oak Town, so he pulled out his Pokenav to check the map. He put it back in his pocket and started heading south-west toward the Academy. Lucas was walking for a while, so he pulled out Aaron for some company. The Aron chirped happily and walked next to him. Lucas started talking to the Iron Armor Pokemon, and he soon arrived at the Academy. He started running to the biggest building on the campus, the cafeteria. He rounded the corner of the building and saw the majestic stone carvings of all three Legendary Dogs. Lucas walked into the building, and the smells of breakfast overtook him. He could smell omelettes, pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, and so much more. He walked over, Aaron right behind him, and filled his plate with as many pancakes as he could fit on it. He found an empty table, and he sat down and brought out Ace and Donna. Ace happily took a pancake and so did, Aaron, but Donna was a little more hesitant. The Drilbur was obviously still mad at Ace, but Ace was obliviously eating his pancake. Lucas handed a pancake to Donna, but she refused. Lucas sighed and got her a bowl of Pokefood. As Lucas took a big bite, he noticed a black haired girl with blue highlights eating with her Pachirisu. Lucas looked back at his plate, as to not seem too weird.

Last edited:
Years
Shelby Hampton

Shelby chewed on her chocolate and sighed as she leaned against a tree. Somehow she'd found herself near the library in her mindless wandering. She let go of Cream and watched as the ice type looked around excitedly at the bustling students. She'd have to make sure that Cream didn't run off. The last thing she wanted to deal with was her Pokemon bothering some poor stranger. Though that would be an interesting way to make a new friend. Shelby scoffed and shook her head at the thought. Stuff like that only happened on the cheesy movies that she'd see her oldest sister watching sometimes. She sat down and pulled her knees to her chest. She knew that Audrey would yell at her for sitting on the ground and getting her clothes dirty, but she would probably be spending the next few hours organizing her dorm. Audrey was obsessed with things being nice and neat and was always the one to clean up everyone's messes. She'd be busy for a little while.

"Why did I let her talk me into coming here?" Shelby sighed, squeezing the half-eaten candy. Sometimes she wished she wasn't such a pushover. She wasn't smart. She wasn't meant for such a fancy school, and it was honestly a miracle that she had been accepted. She had been perfectly fine in Nacrene. Now that she was here with Audrey, that left their mother at home alone. Sure, they'd call her every once in awhile (Audrey had gotten a shiny new Xtransceiver as a going away present, and they had agreed to share it), but it wasn't the same as being there with her. And she'd had to leave the few friends she had behind. She wasn't particularly close to them, but it would be hard starting over with complete strangers.

Cream nudged her way into her trainer's arms, bringing her from her thoughts. Shelby smiled and fed her Pokemon a small piece of chocolate. She'd have to get her some actual food soon, but she wasn't exactly looking forward to the cafeteria. It would definitely be full of people, and she wasn't as outgoing as her twin. She wasn't the type of person who could just walk up to someone and start a conversation. She'd go to the cafeteria later, she promised herself. She could try to make friends later, but for now she just wanted some time to herself. Thankfully Cream seemed to understand and didn't go running off like she normally would, giving Shelby some time to relax.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
YDwE2cr_d.jpg

060MS.png
Pupui The Poliwag

Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

DOROTHY ROSELAND

- Back... In The Dorms -

Past the heavy doors, through the hallways, and into the room Dorothy went.

There was swirl of emotions boiling inside of her, leaving her dazed. Fright, happiness, guilt, shame, embarrassment... perhaps even pride, a sliver of it. Adding on to the list would be stupidity upon opening her room to find Pupui snuggled in his bed, tossing from her disturbance.

Relief should have washed upon her, yet why does she feel so bleak? Was it the encounter being cut on such short notice?

"So stupid," she mumbled to herself, hoping it would sting as she slid down the wooden door. The blue lighting didn't help, giving power to her negativity. "He didn't get mad either." Her face sunk inbetween her knees, sighing at her failure.

She remained in this state for a mere minute before returning to Earth, guts burning from famine. "...but I bet ma and pa would be happy," she continued to monologue, ignoring her health and easily cheering herself into normality. "And I'm with Pupui. He's healthy and so am I." With the help of the door she stood up, eyeing the beautiful view out her window.

On to the bed the contents of her bag were emptied, no longer tidy as a result of her encounter. The keys, map, potions, pokéballs, cell, and notes clumped together, clicking and rubbing against one another.

Dorothy's eyes wandered, eventually resting on the last cardboard box. It blocked the path to the dresser, giving her an incentive to clean.

With Moomoo Milk to kill her thirst and rolled-up sleeves Dorothy got to organizing. Clothes were packed, room sweeped, and rug set. Scented sticks were thrown into a tall cup, left by the closed window to freshen the room with the smell of the sea. Eventually they'll be replaced by plantlife.

Last but not least was the black cross-bag, its contents laying on her bed. It was here that she took notice of a detail that stood out, one she doesn't recall; A note stood out from the rest. Normally she jots down random tid-bits of riveting facts utilized as ice breakers if need be, even though not once have they been shown. Their mustard coloring is the color of choice, the cheapest of note brands, but this note didn't demonstrate the golden hue.

It was scrap paper. Dorothy gently lifted the piece, curious about its contents that she - oh my. Oh.

A string of numbers were hastily written down, a smudged name nearby. Her fingers toyed with the slip, mind processing the information at a snail's pace. "I don't remember when this could've... um." Dorothy double checked her bag, rummaging for any other objects she may have not realized weren't there before... ...

Nothing. Everything was hers.

The wrinkled slip tempted her, demanding her attention as she stared at it.

Pupui let out a sneeze that awakened him from his slumber. Sniffling, the poliwag sluggishly rolled out from bed. The newly-laid out sky blue rug shielded him from the cold floor as he halted, eyeing Dorothy.

The tadpole leaped, landing beside his friend, and slightly pushing the slip up.

"Look, Pupui!" she happily began, "I think I have a new friend!" But the smile didn't last long. A mental repeat of earlier's events brought a pout to her face. "...uh. I left him so quickly without saying goodbye... and I was so scared and I told him yes kinda... But I didn't go... so I guess maybe they're changing their mind-" Her words were cut off by her companion's nudge, his face beaming with content.

Like Pupui she needed to be positive, strong, and content. Pouting won't help, and neither will doubt. There's still a lot more to do, to eat, to meet, to befriend, to eat, and to study! And eat. Oh was she starving.

As if on cue, her stomach roared in agreement. Pupui let out a chuckle of sorts in response, bounding off the bed and on to the floor. Impatient, he hopped over to the door, looking like a cute bundle of energy.

"I'm... sorry I left you alone. I didn't wanna wake you up so I tried to get food," Dorothy apologized whilst heading to the door, storing the slip back into her bag. Pupui rolled his eyes, unable to understand her needless apologizing. Instead he began to roll, awaiting for her slow self to open the door. "You're not mad?" she asked, fixing her clothes and strands of hair. Pupui continued, letting out a quick, loud, endearing whistle.

"Um, so you are...?"

Impatient, Pupui suddenly pounced his trainer, sending her against the wooden door frame. A gasp escaped her lips, still unable to handle even a small tadpole's tackle. It took her breath away, her chest slightly radiating pain to her back from the impact.

Even then she smirked, embracing her dear friend and pressing her cheeks against his own. It was this kind of love she seeked, one of patience and endearment.

The door was opened. "Okay! Let's go get food! I'm very hungry... aren't you?"

"Poi!"

Pupui slid out of her embrace and on to the ground, walking closely beside her as she took out the map. After locking the door behind them they proceeded towards the cafeteria, Dorothy sharing her encounter with a possible new friend to her best friend.​

Day 1

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Arwyn Wilton and Rosa Summers

As Rosa stepped off the boat and took her first look at the academy, her body tensed with anticipation: This was really happening. This place...she was really here, and it looked so much bigger and more vibrant in person than it did in the little picture she had taped to her wall so many months ago. "This is where it starts, Autumn."

Autumn, Rosa's Espeon, slowly peered out from behind her trainer, her tail wriggling with curiosity. She can feel her partner's excitement, although to the purple fox...this was just a big building. There were plenty of big buildings back home. There must be something very special inside to make Rosa so happy.

With excitement shining in her eyes, Rosa jogs towards the entrance. Autumn, not wanting to be left behind in this unfamiliar face, full of unfamiliar people and scents, frantically trotting at her heels. After receiving her dorm key, and some complementary gifts from the academy, the blue haired girl was sent to the Entei Dorm rooms, where she could hardly contain her excitement. This place...this is home. It already feels like home.

"Ready to see our room?" Rosa smiles as she looks down to Autumn. She reaches into her pocket to take out the piece of paper with her room number on it, and...it's...not...there. Oh. Oh...

''This goes there.. and this goes... here I suppose.'' Just then, Arwyn thought it might be a good idea to visit the Library. It's a great place to relax, and maybe he could learn something of use? Just when he wanted to open the door, someone else opened the door. A girl stood in the door opening.

Okay, this is fine. How many doors can there be? She'll just press her key against the locks and see which one unlocks. There's still a lot of students unloading, so...hopefully she won't run into too many people who think she's a total idiot.

No, nope, not that one. Finally! This one! With a victorious smile, Rosa steps into the room-- only to come face to face with a boy. Oh...the door was...already unlocked...because someone's in it.

"Ohmygosh." Rosa squeaks as she quickly backs away from the door. "I am sooo sorry. I...um...I thought this was my dorm." So much for not coming across like a total moron.

''..............What's your room number?'' Arwyn wasn't impressed. How did this happen on his first day? He might as well bring the girl to her room now, as long as it's quick.

"I don't think they gave it to me." That sounds so much better than saying she lost it. Did she ever have it? Why didn't she look at it? Oh...maybe they really didn't. They've got so many new students to get ready, mistakes will be made...

"But it's fine, I'll find it." The girl forces a very nervous smile and nervously folds her hands behind her back. "How many rooms can there be?"

''Many, apparently. They gave me my room number. You must have lost it. How foolish.''
How could she have lost her room number? Was this girl THAT excited? ''Uhm... you can try the other dorms.. but can't you just call the dorms people to ask your room-number?''

Quickly her nervous smile fades, her expression replaced with an unimpressed gaze. Not a very friendly guy, huh?

"It's...pretty crazy down there. I don't know if they'd even hear the phone ring." Plus...if she really did lose it...admitting that would be...bad.

''Whatever.... I'll bring you to your room.'' Arwyn has been in the dorm a bit longer than this girl, he knew which rooms were occupied already, it's just a matter of trying the keys she received on the empty ones.

"You...really don't have to." Rosa mumbles. Going along with this guy just adds insult to injury. "I don't want to keep you from...wherever you were going."

He was headed somewhere when she...practically fell into his dorm room, and she would rather sleep on the floor of the dorm than play princess in a castle to this...guy.

'''Do what you want.'' Arwyn went out of his room and locked his door. Then without looking back, started walking away, to the library. The girl could find her own room, if she's so confident.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric proceeded to head to the library, to look at whatever books they had. He needed an intriguing tale to read about.

He made it there after wandering aimlessly for several minutes.

He entered as quietly as he could, as not to disturb anybody if they were reading.

Eric immediately found a copy of The Book of Arceus, which always lifted his spirit if he needed it.

He sat adjacent to some other Trainers he didn't know, opened the book to a story of a brave hero who protected a village from an unknown creature, possibly a Pokémon of some sort, that consumed anything that moved.

The hero vanquished the mysterious monster with the help of a Flygon, and won the heart of a beautiful maiden, and ended up being crowned king for the rest of his life, for all of his heroics.

This was a very interesting read, and Eric thought about what could have, would have, should have been if Team Rocket hadn't killed his darling Peggy, and sighed somewhat loudly.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
O3rH3yy.gif
Naomi Junn And Lucas McMillan
Oak Academy Cafeteria
The First Meeting

Current Party​
0ILsiTX.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Inventory​
pokeball.png
- x4 Poké Balls
potion.png
- x5 Potions
antidote.png
- x1 Antidote
oranberry.png
- x1 Oran Berry​

Despite the campus of the academy being quite large, it didn't take Naomi long to track down the cafeteria. Franky eagerly led the way towards the dining establishment, his snout being guided by the delicious aroma of various foods lingering in the air. Naomi could only watch with amusement as the Totodile's excitement seemed to grow with each passing moment. It was almost like watching a child waiting for Christmas morning.

"I think ya should probably chill out a bit, squirt..." Naomi suggested, glancing down at Franky as she took one final puff of her cigarette. "You're gonna make a scene if ya go in there actin' like ya ain't ever ate before." Franky glanced up at his trainer, giving her a curious look as if to ask her if he would ever truly do something like that. Naomi seemed to be hardly moved by the Totodile's faux look of offense, however. Rather, she knelt down to his level once more. The look on her face deathly serious. "I'm serious, Franky. Don't go runnin' in there and makin' a scene like you normally would back home. This ain't Goldenrod, and the last thing I need is our chances bein' blown straight out of the gate, got it?"

Franky glanced downward as his trainer spoke, the water Pokémon responding with a small nod. Sighing in relief, the trainer rose back up to her feet and opened the door, allowing the Totodile to step in first before she followed him inside. The wonderful smells of various foodstuffs mixed together in the air, creating a wonderful scent that practically began to drive the Totodile wild. Without a moment's delay, Franky quickly began to run around the cafeteria eagerly, trying his best to try and track down which smell would lead him to a most wonderful meal.

Lucas looked up from his mountain of pancakes as a girl with chocolate-brown hair enter the cafeteria. She seemed to look down in annoyance as a Totodile ran off. Lucas watched the Totodile, and Ace used this as an opportunity to steal another pancake. Lucas turned back to his food and resumed eating. Lucas squnted at his plate, knowing something was missing. "Ace, did you take one of my pancakes?" Lucas asked. Ace stopped chewing on the pancake and tried to hide it. "It's fine, Ace." Lucas said as Ace resumed eating. "Hey Donna, you sure you don't wan't one?" Donna shook her head and went back to eating her Pokefood.

Naomi cursed under her breath as she watched Franky go wild. The Totodile would bump into the occasional student leg. He would try, and sometimes succeed, in climbing up on various tables to see what people were eating. Eventually, a look of absolute joy took over Franky's features. The Totodile managed to come across a plate of flat, yet fluffy looking bread-things that looked absolutely irresistible. Without a moment's delay, Franky quickly waddled his way to the food in question, one that seemed to be in the middle of being enjoyed by a boy and one of his Pokémon, giving them a curious sniff before... snapping his jaw right down on the delicious smelling food.

Lucas almost fell off the bench he was sitting on when the Totodile tried to eat some of his pancakes. "Hey! These are mine!" Lucas said grabbing the plate and holding it away from the Totodile. The Totodile kept reaching for them, making Lucas fall down and almost drop the plate. Lucas tried to fend off the Totodile with one arm while holding the plate with the other. Under the table, Lucas saw Aaron sleeping, and Ace was probably asleep on top of the table. "Donna! Help!" Lucas said, hoping the Drilbur would help. Donna looked down and saw her trainer being attacked. Donna charged up an attack, and then launched herself at the Totodile. The Totodile jumped off of Lucas and out of the way of Donna's Skull Bash. Donna went hurtling into Lucas's stomach, making him curl up and puke. Donna got up off of Lucas and got ready to fight the Totodile.

"Damn it..." Naomi muttered, quickly making her way over towards the errupting scene before her. Franky looked quite eager to battle, already forgetting about the pancakes and instead focusing his attention towards the rather angry looking Drilbur. However before the water Pokémon got the chance to properly engage the Ground-type in battle, he soon found himself quickly scooped up into the rather tight arms of Naomi. "What the hell did I just get finished tellin' ya? I swear, I legit can't take ya anywhere, can I?" She paused, glancing down at the boy who was still busy holding his stomach in pain. "Ya... Ya gonna live down there, kid...?"

Lucas looked up, a sickly expression on his face. "I'm good. I'm goo-" Lucas tried to get up, but fell back down and threw up again. He got up and sat down on the bench. What a first impression, Lucas thought. "Who's the hungry little creature?" Lucas asked gesturing to the Totodile the girl was holding.

"...Franky," Naomi replied simply, glancing downward to the Totodile in her arms. Franky was already squirming and wriggling about, trying his best to manage and squeeze out from Naomi's grip. He heard the girl sigh, causing his squirming to gradually stop just long enough to glance up and over his shoulder at the trainer. Franky soon found himself staring at Naomi, who in turn was sending him a rather deadly looking glare of irritation. A few minutes actually on campus, and he had already put her in a pretty uncomfortable spot. "Uh... Ya know... sorry about that whole.. um... ya know..."

"It's fine." Lucas said, trying to smile. "My name's Lucas. The Drilbur there is Donna. I just caught her in the woods near Oak Town. What's your name?"

"This guy's kind of nosey, ain't he...?" Naomi thought with a small frown. She figured that this whole thing must've been part of the whole, "academic experience", but that didn't make it any less annoying. That was part of the reason why she had been skipping so much school back in Goldenrod. Returning her focus to Lucas, the girl merely gave a small nod before simply replying, "Naomi."

"I'm new here. I got here about an hour or two ago from the Hoenn region." Lucas replied, unsure of why he's telling her so much. Lucas shrugged and picked up the plate of pancakes off the floor. He took one and handed it to Naomi. "Here you go. He can have it." Lucas got up and woke Ace up and returned him and Donna to the Poke Balls. Lucas almost forgot Aaron, but he woke him up and put him in his Poke Ball.

Naomi glanced down at the pancake in Lucas' hands, a small scowl forming across her face. She knew where this was going, it had happened one too many times back in Goldenrod and even Celadon. Someone does something nice for someone, and then all of a sudden that person who was helped suddenly owes that helper a favor. She wasn't about to be stuck with that kind of debt hanging over her head. At least, not if she had anything to say about it.

"No thanks, we'll get our own food," she replied rather bluntly.

"Oh. OK." Lucas replied, biting into the pancake. "Well, I'm gonna go. I wann go to the library to learn about what Pokemon are on the island." Lucas grabbed his backpack and left the cafeteria.

Naomi watched as the boy left the library, snacking on his pancakes all the while. "There's at least one person to make sure to avoid whenever we can... Kid's way too nosey..." She then glanced down at the Totodile, turning him so that Franky could stare her in the eyes. "See? This is why you need to listen to me now, got it?"

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
- Aoife Breen -
@Cafeteria with Mona​

The map had proven to be a helpful item indeed, and with it in hand, finding her way to the cafeteria hadn't been a difficult chore. It had also made the walk there a pleasant one, and Aoife had noticed the mountains off the distance, which made for a lovely view.

"I should go see how the berries are here," the redhead said, more to herself then to Mona, who nodded in response anyway. Using fresh produce was vital when crafting contest-tier poffin, or any other culinary creation. Getting some berries soonest possible was important, as Aoife was looking to get in the kitchen in the coming days. The last time she'd gone a while without baking, the redhead found her technique had weakened a little. Now was not the time to let that happen…

"Going for a berry stroll after breakfast sound like a good idea?" she asked, this time clearly addressing her Espurr. Her answer was another nod of approval, though the feline did stare at the girl for a few moments.

"Yes Mona, I'll be careful" Aoife responded, adding some faux dismissal to her tone. It was clearly sarcasm, with the purple cat seemed to comprehend.

With all the talk about berries, the red-haired girl's stomach growled again, though it was louder this time. Or perhaps it was triggered by the delightful aroma of pancakes, waffles, and French toast, which grew stronger with each step. Opening the doors to the cafeteria only served to unleash that smell, full force.

"Yum" Aoife said quietly, heading over to the line to pick up her plate. She wasn't yet sold on meal yet, but whatever it would be, syrup would be involved…

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
4mGgxnX.png

Level 10
Moves
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
Silvana glanced down at herself for a moment, her chin slipping past the throat guard on her breastplate. It almost looked too big for her when she did that, but it was just a silly optical illusion. It actually fit perfectly snug by the looks of it. She glanced back up, an amused smirk on her face. It wasn't clear what had tickled her funny bone. "Yup~!" she casually replied, brushing a knuckle against her breastplate. It gave slightly under the pressure, hinting that it wasn't one solid piece of metal. It probably strapped on from the sides. "But more importantly, it's really good at retaining enchantments." she replied with a playful wink. "--Or at least, it's supposed to be. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet." she went on to explain somewhat awkwardly, but not quite awkwardly enough. One really got the impression that she believed this, which was weird because what she was saying was crazy. ...That or she just had a very vivid imagination and someone convinced her magic was real.

Either way, she would reach out to take Ivrant's hand and shake it. She had a pretty average grip. She had soft hands, like you might expect from someone who didn't do much physical work. "I've got to go out searching for ingredients at some point. ...I don't think this library has the books I want." she went on to lament, glancing over her shoulder in disappointment.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ivrant Lehort: In the Library

Either she was reaallyyy into this... or she was truely serious. Enchantments? This was a little bit bizarre. Again though... he wasn't one to judge. Just had alot of questions. She was talking about magic, enchantments... ingredients... who was this girl? "Uh... ingredients? Like for cooking?" He said rather obliviously. Maybe she really was just taking this whole look super seriously and was being in character? Ivrant wanted to believe that anyways but the girl did have a certain charm with all this magic talk. She couldn't have been a bad person to be around just... a bit strange.

"Oh you were already looking around the Library? I was actually looking into finding some Pokemon to catch myself... just not sure where to start looking. The Map dosn't really detail outside of the academy area too much. Maybe you might be able to see where to find some ingredients with a map of the entire island hmm? Or at least some sort of list of spotted Pokemon in the area... If I find anything you were looking for I can let you know."

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Yukira - Dorm Room

"So... it seems that Oak Town is like a real town. I thought it was just some random buildings. They should have some Hobby Stores. I wonder if they carry vinyl figures... and of course, cook books from different regions." Dallas muttered to himself, looking at the internet site for the school.

Behind him, his pokemon were playing, chasing each other all over the floor. They had let themselves out, which they would occasionally do. Dallas didn't worry too much about it, as they would normally know when not to come out.

There was a knock at the door. Dallas got up, still in his cooking clothes and answered.

"I have two packages for Dallas Yukira." The deliver said.

"That is me." Dallas confirmed.

The person delivering the package handed over the packages and nodded, before leaving. Dallas thanked the person and then shut the door, taking the packages to his bed. Both were from his father. Dallas opened the first package and removed the contents. A letter fell out as well which read:

'Yo son. I figured you might need some more Poke Balls. One Ball just isn't gonna cut it, so I sent you 5 more. That will give you a full set. So use them wisely. I also sent a set of four potions over. Hopefully they didn't spill. I also sent a ten pack of lemonade to you. This is my last time I will be helping you. You will have to earn the money to buy more. There would be no point of becoming a trainer and going out on your own if your parents continued to help you. I know that seems harsh, but if you were catered, you would grow or learn.'

"Just like Dad." Dallas said, but he agreed with what his father said.

Then he went over to the other package. He figured it had to be none trainer stuff. He opened it, this time there was no note, but an instruction manual. Dallas had no idea what it was for, so he put to the side. He uncovered the rest of the package. He saw that two of them were Vinyl Figure boxes. It looked like they had been opened and resealed. He added them to the instruction manual and removed the next thing, which seemed like was a case for something. He opened it and it reveled two clear spheres as well as a small envelop. He opened the envelop, to discover that it contained a number of sticker like items or seals.

He looked at the manual he put off to the side at the top, it read 'Ball Capsules.'

He read the instructions and was surprised that his father had gotten these. They were only largely used in the Sinnoh Region. He quickly glanced over the instructions. He put Blazey and Freezey's balls in the capsules and pulled out a snowflake and flame sticker putting the flame seal on Blazey's capsule and the snowflake seal on Freezey's capsule.

"Hmm... I wonder if they actually work. I will have to try them later." He said, knowing he needed to start getting ready, but before he did he opened up the vinyl characters. One was Gary's Oaks Sinnoh outfit, which he didn't have and then the other was.......... his father!?

It literally was his father. His father was winking and posed with a fist on his side and holding up two fingers in front of him with the other hand. His signature smirk on his face. A note fell out of the box.

'Sorry son, I got the Cynthia figure and sold it for a large amount of money due to its rarity. So I replaced it with one of me! It is just as rare since it was custom-made by an official artist! Good luck trying to find another one!' As he read the note, he could hear his father's laugh.

"Really..." Dallas said. He placed both new figures on the shelf and started to change clothes, his two pokemon continuing to play.

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
YDwE2cr_d.jpg

060MS.png
Pupui The Poliwag

Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

DOROTHY ROSELAND

- To and In the Cafeteria -

When one is famished the human mind is capable of deceiving the senses and Dorothy was no exception. Scents emanated from every direction; sausages, steak, cookies, cake, mashed potatoes, seafood, you name it. They weren't there before.

Meanwhile Pupui was all smiles, a pleasure to anybody who glanced his way. And who wouldn't? On numerous occasions he's switched his way of ambulating; rolling, skipping, side stepping, and still he found it necessary to paddle if near a body of water. It was all for Dorothy's amusement, keeping her from escalating to a spineless mess as they traversed the sea of students.

For Dorothy each step was easier to lift than the last, the journey all smooth sailing with Pupui being her eyes and ears. The small guard would heave and shove Dorothy's small frame, saving her from potential predicaments. Like colliding into someone. Ahem. That isn't to say that she doesn't glance up every so often, for she does. At times she's found herself already moving out of the way, but Pupui would startle her with a shove or jank, having nearly caused her heart attacks.

She couldn't whine however, not when the majority of her focus remained on the map.

"Pupui, we're here!" she happily exclaimed, delighted to be closer to food. The cafeteria towered over them, no quieter than the outside due to its hectic contents. Windows demonstrated this, revealing figures feasting and gossiping.

It made her gulp, hands tightly curled around her bag's string. What if she meets Ivrant inside? What will she say? Will she meet somebody new? Will she make a fool out of herself? What does she crave? Apples, pie, sandwiches, fish... what will be inside?

The questions hovered above her, teeth gently biting her lower lip in deep thought.

Pupui took notice of her stiffness, easing her back into reality with nuzzles to her legs. He wasn't starving, not one bit, but he's beginning to notice how she's blocking the path to the cafeteria. Seeing as how she merely took a few steps forward with his nuzzle, Pupui sprang on to her head. The weight was more than she could bear, hands instantly reaching for her dear companion before she lost her balance from it.

"Sillyyyyy, not heeere," she giggled, locking him in an embrace. They stirred over to the side, allowing others to freely pass through. For a second she felt sheepish, having been standing feet from the doors without movement.

"Are you sure you wanna be... um, not in the pokéball when I'm eating?" she asked out of habit. Pupui scoffed.

A gentleman noticed her just beside the doors, curious as to whether she will enter. "Ey, you going inside or...?"

"Y-yes!" Dorothy immediately squealed, rushing inside whilst squeezing Pupui's breath. Inside she was blasted with the sweet aromas of heaven; pancakes, waffles, eggs, sandwiches, sweet sweet haven.

Waffles were the first she succumbed to, timidly navigating her way through the crowd. Pupui scoured the area for food of his own, never in a bad mood for food. He waited until Dorothy graciously served herself, a big plate of waffles caked in syrup that he fully knew she wouldn't finish. To top it off, a large glass of milk was acquired, making Pupui roll his eyes.

"Poli pui!" he sang, sending his weight towards the Poké food he so desired. Dorothy instantly understood, accustomed to his gluttonous ways.

"O-oh, okay thank you for reminding me, give me a bit... don't w-wanna hit somebody Pupui," she replied, carefully making her way to his destination. Once he got what he desired, the two chose the table closest to them, not wanting to risk stumbling upon the risk of an accident.

Day 1

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Rosa Summers Chapter 1.1 - Making our House a Home

Untitled_zps7wnfnuni.png

espeon.gif
With that...unpleasant side quest aside, it's back to finding her room. Once she's done, she should...probably write that guy an apology note. Maybe stick a Rage Candy Bar to it. She did just...barge into his room.

"Well, first impressions aren't everything, ri-- Autumn?" Rosa speaks as she looks to her feet, where she expected to see her Espeon.

From down the hall, a peaceful trill sounds. Rosa looks up to see Autumn sitting in front of a door, her tail swishing happily.

"You think it's that one?" Rosa asks. Espeon can sense people's presence, so at the very least, she's found an empty dorm room. Trying to open this one won't lead to any embarrassment...probably. "Okay, let's give it a shot."

A quick turn of the key and...victory! It opened, without anyone on the other side this time. With a sigh of relief, Rosa quickly steps into the empty room. That was...easy. This can't be the only empty room, how did Autumn know? Did she have a vision of Rosa opening this particular door? As the blue haired girl opens her mouth to ask, she sees Autumn's tail vanish under her new bed.

"Don't worry." Rosa reassures with the return of her pleasant smile. "We'll make this place feel like home in no time."

With that, the young girl sets her duffle bag on the pristinely made bed. While most of her things was shipped separately, and would most likely be delivered here within a few hours, there were a few things Rosa felt too precious to throw in a cargo box. Unzipping her bag, she takes out a red jacket, a gift from her aunt upon learning she would be part of the Entei dorm.

Within the folded jacket is a framed picture: A younger Rosa and Autumn, then an Eevee, are perched on the shoulder of a Blastoise. On the Blastoise' other shoulder is a girl with shoulder length blonde hair, roughly Rosa's age, holding a Meowth. In front of the Blastoise is a teenage boy with spiked brown hair and glasses, holding out a small case, where the eight badges of Kanto are proudly displayed. These two are her cousins, Raegan and Rory, shortly before Rory went off to challenge the Kanto League. Rosa hugs the framed picture to her chest before setting it on her nightstand.

Beside the photo Rosa places a small figurine of a Ponyta, its mane was painted blue, and on its flank was a painted heart made of flames. "Remember when I wanted to be a Fire Gym Leader?" Rosa asks, Autumn sticking her nose out from under the bed and making a quiet squeak.

"Time flies, doesn't it?" Rosa remanences as she takes two stuffed animals from her bag: A Stufful, which had apparently gone through the wash so many times that the color had completely faded from its fur, leaving its pink fur white, and its brown fur a faded tan, and a significantly better looking Lillipup, which was cosplaying as a Butterfree, complete with antenna and wings. The Stufful was the first toy she was ever given, and the Lillipup was a gift from Raegan shortly after she began speaking again.

She places the two plushes on her bed, then takes a rolled up poster and a roll of sticky tape and makes her way towards her wall. She unrolls the poster and lets out an almost dreamy sigh: The poster is a photo of Elite Four Champion Lance, with his signature at the bottom. After receiving her acceptance letter from the academy, her Uncle searched high and low for something with Lance's autograph on it, as it was no secret to anyone within her family that the Dragon Master was her hero (and that she had carried a huge crush for the Champion for the last four years). With a few dabs of sticky tape, the poster is proudly placed on her wall, leaving Rosa quite pleased. "There. Better?"

Autumn, now laying on Rosa's bed, beside the two plushes, answers with a happy squeak.

"C'mon, let's go look around." Rosa grins as she slides on her new jacket. Now that home base is set up, it's time to get the lay of the land.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric was heading back to the dorm, to see if anybody else was there.

The second he arrived, he walked over into the common area, and opened up his backpack to check if everything was there. Locket? Check! Holo Caster? Check! Books? Check! Pokémon? Check! Notes? Check!

Yep, that was everything.

He soon dozed off in the chair, which was odd because given his rather high amount of stamina.

His dreams weren't too pleasant though. He was clearly dreaming about a certain tragic event that happened, since he kept muttering things like "I'm sorry, Peggy. I tried my best, my love!" and "No! You can't die! You're a fighter and I need you!"

Shortly after, he woke up in a sweat, and gasping as if he had stared into the face of Arceus itself.

"Thank Arceus, it was only a dream." Eric said. " However... If it weren't for that... Team Rocket... SCUM.. Peggy, She'd still be alive..."

Eric shuddered at the thought of Team Rocket coming back to kill him. Eric had to become stronger, in order to stop them bring justice to the world.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
O3rH3yy.gif
Naomi Junn And Sydney Ramirez
Academy Cafeteria
First Friend...?

Current Party​
0ILsiTX.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Inventory​
pokeball.png
- x4 Poké Balls
potion.png
- x5 Potions
antidote.png
- x1 Antidote
oranberry.png
- x1 Oran Berry​

Sydney had been happily enjoying her food, and even the antics of a certain boisterous Totodile. She'd giggled when the little fellow had jumped onto the table and started scoffing down someone elses pancakes. You had to expect that sort of thing in a place with so many Pokemon and there really wasn't any point in taking it too seriously. She'd watched the scene develop with some amusement... right up until the boy started vomitting. The smile fell off her face to be replaced with a look of some disgust - he didn't even seem to be that bothered that everyone had just seen him spew his guts everywhere! If something like that had happened to her she would have been too mortified to stay at the school another minute no matter how much she wanted to be there. She pushed her plate with what food it had left on it away from her, what was left of her appetite vanishing as quickly as that boys food had reappeared. She couldn't blame the girl who owned the Totodile for beating a hasty retreat away! Miko gave a haughty little sniff at the entire affair and turned back to her Pokemon food, clearly not as queasy about it as Sydney was.

The cafeteria was filling up quickly and there weren't many spots to eat left available for the newcomers. Her table was one of the only ones with free spots left. It might be a good idea for her to try and rope someone else into going to catch a new Pokemon with her - there was safety in numbers after all. Then again, did she really want someone else watching her display her inexperience? She wasn't sure how to begin talking to someone about it either. She'd more or less been the most popular girl in school before she came here, so the idea of having to make the first move and approach someone else was something she hadn't had to contemplate for a long time. It was something she would have to figure out fast though, otherwise everyone else would be off improving while she just sat there.

"Well all things considered, I'd say that probably could've gone worse..." Naomi mused as she carried a tray out from the line.

On the tray there was a plate which contained a stack of pancakes with some Oran Berry syrup, which the girl figured would please Franky very much. As for herself, Naomi decided that after the incident with Lucas losing his breakfast that she was going to eat a bit... lighter due to her appetite being reduced a fair bit. The brown-haired girl settled on a single, but still rather sizable Oran Berry muffin and a cup of coffee to wash it down with. Franky was following close behind the girl, his large, red, hungry eyes staring at the fluffy stack of pancakes with anticipation. Naomi seemed to pick up on the Totodile's rising eagerness and sent him another fierce glare.

"Don't even think about it, shortstack..." Naomi warned. "Ya already made enough of a scene. Ya either wait until we get a seat or you ain't gonna be eatin' anything, got it?"

Franky's eagerness quickly diminished, almost in a comical manner as he quickly placed his hands together and began to look straight ahead. Naomi sighed in relief at this. She knew that Franky didn't really mean any harm in his usual antics. He just needed his training to be a bit more strict. With any luck, that would be something that she could manage with her time here in the academy. First things first, however. The duo needed to find a seat and get something put on their stomachs.

Sydney managed another few bites of her omellete while she mused on her 'dilemna' of whether to find someone to accompany her or not. On one hand it would be a lot safer, and having friends was never a bad thing besides. On the other, she didn't even know what sort of Pokemon she was hoping to catch! Did she really want to go to all the trouble of inviting someone along only to have them watch her dither between a Pidgey and a Caterpie for the better part of an hour? She set her elbow on the table and balanced her chin on her hand, watching Miko eat while she tried to puzzle out what to do.

"What do you think? What sort of Pokemon should we catch, hm?" Miko was far too absorbed in her food to pay attention to such a trivial question, of course. "I mean, you're an Electric type, obviously," she thought out loud, "so it wouldn't make much sense to go catch another one, would it? Electric isn't very useful against Grass, and is more or less useless against Ground. So the smart thing to do would be to think of something that would help us out against those types if we come up against them. This is such a big decision though, I've never had another Pokemon other than you before. Still no opinion? No...? Hmph." Most other Trainers would probably just go out and damn well catch whatever they found, then worry about the rest later, but doing that for your first capture felt a little... lacking somehow to Sydney.

"Oh. Hey. I know!" She grinned. "We should stay true to our roots, right Miko?" Sydney looked back to Miko, who finally turned to face her, fuzzy little cheeks bulging absurdly with food.

There really didn't seem to be many options for a table to themselves. Naomi picked up on this little tidbit quickly, as she noticed the cafeteria had started to get quite a bit crowded since she and Franky initially arrived. With that obvious observation quickly made note of, the brown-haired girl determined that the two were most likely going to have to share a table with someone, which meant that Naomi suddenly found herself scouting for a table that didn't at the very least overcrowded... which for Naomi, meant more than two or three people already sitting at it.

The girl was roused from her thoughts when she felt a familiar tap on her leg. Glancing down, she noticed Franky looking up at her with a grin. "What is it now, runt?"

Franky began to babble and gurgle, pointing up ahead to a table which only sat a lone girl and her Pachirisu. Naomi watched quietly for a moment, as the girl seemed to be having a deep, philosophical conversation with her Pokémon. While the cafeteria was too noisy to really pick up most of the finer details of the chat the girl was having with the electric squirrel, Naomi was able to tell that the Pachirisu seemed to not be paying its trainer much mind. Still, the table had lots of space...

"I guess we could've done worse... Good job, Franky," Naomi said, leading the water Pokémon towards the table in question.

The duo quickly arrived at their designated eating spot. Without so much as a word, Naomi set her tray down and then pulled out one of the empty chairs to sit in. She then scooted another of the chairs, which Franky used as a ladder of sorts to climb up on top of the table himself. The Totodile waddled his way towards the tray, happily sitting down near his stack of pancakes. With a gurgle of glee, Franky grabbed one of the pancakes off the plate and rolled it up before he began to chomp happily down on the fluffy, syrup-soaked delight. Naomi shot the Totodile a small smile, before picking up her coffee cup and taking a slow sip.

Neither Miko nor Sydney had noticed Naomi and Franky approaching until they were already sitting down at their table. Sydney noted that it was the same duo who had been involved the... vomit... incident a few minutes ago. She smiled as Franky started going to town on a rolled up pancake, the little mite obviously had a Feraligatr sized appetite hidden away inside of him. Maybe this was as good a time as any to say hello to someone and feel them out about catching some Pokemon?

"Your Totodile is really cute. He looks like he's in great shape," she said with a smile. That was a harmless, perfectly inoffensive opening gambit, right? "Don't worry about us," she said, nodding her head slightly towards Miko, "I promise we don't bite. Or vomit."

Uuuuuuugh, reallySydney!? You brought up the vomit! Smooth as a Sandslash...

Naomi looked up from her coffee cup, raising a not so subtle eyebrow at the girl's rather awkward greeting. Suddenly, that muffin didn't seem so appetizing anymore. "That's... good to know..." Naomi muttered in response. She placed the coffee down and grabbed hold of the muffin, peeling the paper back on it before taking a bite out of the top. "And um... Thanks. I try to keep him in shape."

Sydney flushed a fair shade of crimson. "Oh, I'm sorry, that was a really stupid thing of me to say, let's just call it first day nerves and pretend I'm not a walking Stunfisk, please? I don't normally make this much of an idiot of myself so quickly." She sighed and sat back in her seat, running a hand through her hair. "I've been sat here trying to figure out how to ask someone to go catching Pokemon with me to make sure I don't get... you know, eaten because - like we established, I'm a doofus. The first person that sits down I immediately start babbling about vomit like a confused Chatot and now... I'm... doing it again..." She realised out loud, looking more than a little devastated with herself.

"I suddenly miss that kid from earlier..." Naomi thought, shooting the girl a look that was almost screaming of how uncomfortable she was making this meal. Swallowing the bite of muffin that she had in her mouth, Naomi placed the baked good down and took her coffee cup back up. "It's fine... I know how first day nerves are, so... forget it about it. Really..." She paused to take another sip of her coffee, but all the while she could feel the girl's eyes still on her. Naomi cleared her throat for a moment, before placing the cup back down on her tray. "If ya want to ask someone to go with ya, just... ask. Chances are the worst they can do is refuse, right?"

Meanwhile, Franky seemed to be completely unware of the conversation going on between his trainer and the other girl. The Totodile had just finished off his second pancake, when he noticed the Pachirisu seated at the table for the first time since he sat down to eat. The water Pokémon flashed the electric Pokémon a rather toothy grin as he rolled up another pancake and made his way over towards the squirrel. He took a rather large bite of the pancake, before he began to babble what could potentially be seen as a greeting to her... if not for the fact that his jaws were currently filled with mashed bits of pancake as he spoke.

Taking a deep breath Sydney managed to compose herself a little, normal colour returning to her cheeks. "Sorry. Listen, I'm going to go out to the fields after this and see if I can catch a Pokemon, and I think it'd be great if I could have some company. You can obviously deal with... I guess not ideal situations. So if you'd be happy to come back me up I'd really appreciate it. I can watch your back if you want to catch something too, make sure you don't get blindsided in return for doing the same for me. And if not, hey, I'll owe you one." She smiled, a little bit. "And I promise I won't talk so much. What do you say?"

Miko saw the voracious Totodile coming her way and narrowed her eyes, quickly shoving what was left of her Pokefood into her already stuffed mouth so that nothing got stolen, making a muffled and completely indecipherable sound in response to the maybe-greeting. No way was she about to lose out on food now that her stomach had settled from the boat ride here.

Naomi remained silent for a moment, taking another bite of her muffin. While this girl had already proven to be not exactly the most ideal person to handle greetings, she did have a point. Regardless of if now or later, Naomi would probably need another Pokémon or two to add to her team during her stay at the academy. It wasn't that she thought Franky was weak or anything of that sort. Rather, it was the fact that sooner or later, he'd be bound to find himself up against a grass or electric type, which could make things quite a bit difficult for him later. Plus, as much as she really didn't want to admit it, Naomi wasn't really all that great at battles just yet. She had just barely managed to pass the qualifications for even being admitted into the school, so this could prove to be a good oppurtunity to get some practice in.

"...Alright then..." Naomi eventually replied after she swallowed another bite of her muffin. "I'll go with ya."

Franky watched with curiosity as the Pashirisu stuffed her cheeks full of food. He took another chomp of his pancake, savoring the syrupy-flavor in his mouth before babbling. "You must've really been hungry! Doesn't your trainer feed you? I've never seen anymon stuff so much in their cheeks at once!"

"Amazing! Thank you!" Sydney beamed, clearly pleased that she'd gotten a positive answer after such a negative first impression. "I'm Sydney and this is Miko. Let us know when you're ready to go. I'll, uh, let you eat in peace now." She smiled apologetically, picking up her Pinap juice.

"Naomi," the brown-haired girl replied, introducing herself. "And that little monster over there is Franky."

Miko chewed through the incredible mouthful of food, gulping it down in one impropable go, before responding to Franky. "I," she said proudly, "am a lady and do not stuff food into my mouth. I eat with grace and aplomb because I am a fancy little princess. Sydney says so."

Franky's eyes widened in shock. "You're a princess?!" he qquestioned, almost spitting out the mushed bits of pancake that were still being chewed and swallowed from his massive jaws. "I... I had no idea that there was royalty here! Naomi never said anything about it!" He paused, giving thoughtful consideration to this new piece of vital information he just learned. "Wait... If you're a princess, why are you here? Shouldn't you have others that battle for you or something?"

The Totodile had taken her literally... well, if he was really that dumb Miko wasn't going to pass on an opportunity for a little fun. "Well of course I should. Why do you think Sydney is going to catch more Pokemon? And why do you think you've been chosen to accompany us? You're there to protect me. If you do a sufficent job I may see fit to grant you a knighthood," she said loftily.

Sydney watched the two Pokemon babble their names at each other for a minute before pulling her map of the island out from inside her jacket, studying it to figure out where exactly she wanted to march off to. There was no shortage of open fields on the island though, so she had her pick.

"Me...? A knight?!" Franky exclaimed. His eyes were shining brightly with amazement at this point. Never before had he ever pictured himself potentially being a knight! He wondered just what that would involve! Would Naomi have to start calling him 'Sir Franky'? Would that make him stronger? There was just so much more to suddenly take into consideration.

Naomi raised an eyebrow as she watched Franky seemingly forget all about what was left of his pancakes to have a chat with Miko. It looked like the Totodile was taking quite quickly to her, something that Naomi guessed was a good thing at the end of the day. She took a final bite of her muffin, before turning her attention back to Sydney.

"So... Where abouts do ya plan on us goin', anyway?" Naomi questioned. She hadn't bothered to actually look at a map of the surrounding areas outside of the academy campus just yet. Besides, since this was Sydney's idea... it only made sense for her to be the one guide the duo on their grand expedition. "Got any type you're interested in catchin'...?"

"Well," Sydney started, turning the map around a little so Naomi could see it too, "some of the areas on the island look like they might be meant for the more advanced students. There's a volcano, swamplands, all sorts of places I think we'd be kind of stupid to just charge into with one Pokemon each." Now that she was talking about a specific subject and not just rambling like an idiot Sydney seemed a lot more controlled and sure of herself. "There's lots of open grassland though, see? It might not be as exciting but it's clearly meant to be a lot safer than some of the other areas, so I think we should start there. If we don't find anything we like and feel confident we can start moving further afield but, honestly, even on the way to the Academy from the docks in town I could tell there were Pokemon hiding out in the grass right beside the road. What do you think? Oh," she grinned, "yeah, I just figured out what type I'm interested in before you sat down. But who knows what we'll find out there?"

Miko gave one tiny paw a delicate lick and started cleaning her face, making sure she looked immaculate after inhaling an entire bowl of Pokemon food. "If you do well, perhaps. You don't become a knight for just anything, after all, you have to really earn it. I shall be watching you closely to see if you really have what it takes to become a member of my royal court." What a sucker! She'd conned this idiot - he was just a Water type after all - into practically being her bodyguard with almost no effort at all. Life in this place was going to be a breeze if all the other Pokemon were as gullible as this one.

"Well... sounds like a plan, regardless..." Naomi responded. The girl rose up, collecting her tray to dispose of the dirty dishes and like. "Well, I'm ready whenever ya are... So let's get this show on the road then."

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen

[h3][/h3]​

Desmond was still feeling pretty somber after what had happened with Daro, even after unpacking and exploring his dorm a bit more. That left one option to cheer him up, ol' reliable.

"C'mon Hecate, let's go train. That always makes us feel better."

Desmond would've preferred to socialize and meet his classmates but he knew he wouldn't be much fun to be around in his current state. Walking out of the dorm, Desmond pulled out the map to decide where to go. Upon looking at the layout and the kinds of Pokemon available, he decided to head towards the mountain range. With that he and Hecate began their trek.

Since the Open Fields didn't seem ideal for training, Desmond decided to head up towards the Outer Forest and make his way to the mountains that way. Since the walk was long, Desmond found himself lost in thought. Why had Daro been so mad at him? Shouldn't he have been happy to see Desmond after all this time? He even pushed away Hecate. Desmond and Daro were the only people Hecate trusted, so that had to be incredibly painful for the Umbreon. What was his problem?

After an hour or so of analyzing, Desmond reached the forest. A ways in, the pair happened upon a small clearing with some boulders and trees.

"Alright this seems like as good of a spot as any to start training. C'mon out Leo, you'll be part of this too!"

With a small flash, Leo appeared from his ball and immediately swarmed Hecate. Visibly annoyed, the Umbreon tackled the Heracross away.

"Alright you two, remember you're on the same side. So play nice! Leo I'll grab you some lunch after we're done if you focus."

This grabbed the Heracross' attention and calmed him down. Next to wanting to be friends all the time with every Pokemon it meets, the Bug type really loved its food, especially grilled Sitrus Berry sandwiches.

"Alright Hecate let's get to work on your agility by dodging Leo's attacks. Got it?"

The two Pokemon voiced their affirmation.

For the next hour the two Pokemon sparred. Hecate avoided most of the hits as she dodged attacks in a sleek fashion. This only motivated Leo more though as he looked to connect against the Umbreon. Desmond finally called off the sparring after Leo connected on a Horn Attack that sent Hecate flying into one of the boulders.

"Well done you two. Lets get you fixed up."

Desmond pulled out a couple Potions from his bag and healed up his partners.

"Alright let's head a little deeper, I want to check out that mountain range."

After a few minutes, the trees and grass began turning into small boulders and gravel. Soon the mountains were right in front of Desmond and his team. It'd be great if he could hike it but the Pokemon there were going to be much too strong for Hecate and Leo.

"Let's take a short break. You guys have earned it. Just don't stray too far from this spot."

Desmond was sure to emphasize that last part to Leo. The Heracross had a knack for getting itself into trouble and Desmond didn't particularly want to deal with any shenanigans today.

After a short time, and a quick nap, Desmond figured it was time to head back. Next to him was a curled up Hecate, per usual. Leo on the other hand was out of sight.

"Great..." Desmond muttered

"Leo! Its time to go! Come on out!"

Naturally, there was no response from his Pokemon. There was, however, another sound, one that sounded very angry.

"10 Pokedollars thats what I think it is." Desmond said, looking down at Hecate.

"C'mon, lets get over there."

The two of them quickly ran off towards the sound.

Last edited:

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan
To the Dorms (Day 1)

After leaving the cafeteria, Lucas went to the back of the building and bashed his head into the wall. That sucked... Lucas thought in agitation. He kept bashing his head into the wall, not realizing it was stone and he just cut his forehead. D**n it! he thought as he saw a spot of blood on the wall. He wiped it off, staining his hoodie sleeve. He put his hood up, trying to cover the cut as he walked to the Suicune Dorm. Once he was inside, he went straight to the desk to find his dorm number. "Hi. My name's Lucas McMillan, and I'd like to know my dorm number." Lucas said to the old lady at the counter.
"Name, please." she said in a monotone voice. "McMillan. Lucas McMillan," Lucas said, rolling his eyes. The lady turned to a small file cabinet and pulled out his ID card and his dorm key. She handed them to him and he quickly dashed up the stairs to the third floor. His room was S-3-15. He ran down the hall, looking for room number fifteen. He could feel a drip of blood running down his forehead. He got to his room and yanked the door open. He didn't have time to check his surroundings and got undressed to take a shower.
A few minutes later, he came out of his bathroom in a new pair of shorts and a black T-shirt. Looking at the door, he saw his blue Suicune jacket. He grabbed it off the door and put it on. It felt amazing. Lucas let out a sigh of relief. He was in his own dorm. He saw a first aid kit on the wall and used its contents to bandage his forehead up as discreetly as possible.
Lucas then looked at the rest of the room. It was incredibly empty, its only contents being a monochrome bed, a dresser, and an empty desk. He soon got to work unpacking his bags, which had been left on his bed, and making it feel more like a home and less like a cell. Soon enough, it looked much better. His laptop was charging on the desk, his clothes were in the dresser, he had Poke Legion posters up on the wall. Looking at the posters of the individual heroes and then the group shot, Lucas remembered all the nights he would stay up late binging the movies and TV shows. He could never decide on his favorite hero. As Lucas turned around and was getting ready to leave, he felt a wave of exhaustion overtake him and he fell asleep on his bed.

Last edited:
Back