• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 10, 2013
Ok,so does this mean that the functions of Black City and White Forest,are reversed in White2/Black2?

What does PWT mean exactly?

Years
Ok,so does this mean that the functions of Black City and White Forest,are reversed in White2/Black2?

What does PWT mean exactly?

Black City and White Forest serve the exact same battling purpose in B2/W2, the only difference being appearance. You can switch between the two if you trade a certain key over from the other version.

PWT stands for Pokemon World Tournament.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2013
In the original Pokemon White,the White Forest was a place that was made exclusively,for catching wild pokemon. Is there any such place like this,in either Black 2,or White 2?

jammi567

I've been reading about Pokemon on TV Tropes, and it frequently mentions Memory Link. What is it, and how do I get it to work?

Years
I've been reading about Pokemon on TV Tropes, and it frequently mentions Memory Link. What is it, and how do I get it to work?

I've got your answer here, courtesy of Bulbapedia:

Bulbapedia said:
Memory Link is a new feature that allows players to sync both the original Black and White with Black 2 and White 2 together via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection or DS Wireless Communications. With this feature, the player can access new game features and interactions in Black 2 and White 2. The player may need to finish the main story in their Pokémon Black or White games to see some of the flashbacks.

It also allows you to capture N's Pokemon and also do one-off battles with Cheren and Bianca using their old teams from the copy of Black or White that was linked with your Black 2/White 2 game, their team will also be different depending on the starter you chose in the original Black or White version that was synced. You can also see various cutscenes throughout the game that otherwise cannot be seen without it.

Also, you don't have to specifically link Black 2 to Black/White 2 to White, it can be linked with either of the original Black or White regardless of which version you have. I recommend you try it out, and it gives you a better explanation of the Unova story of the 2-year time gap between Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

Click here for more information about Memory Link and its features.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Memory Link is a feature that allows you to play some scenes that had happened outside of the game storyline. Some are prior to the BW story, some are throughout the story and some are between BW and B2W2.
It gives a sequel feeling to B2W2.
And you activate it by Unova Link menu where you need to enter your Black/White Game Sync ID.

Edit: Damn you, Mijukari xD xD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022

Memory Link is a feature only available in Black 2 and White 2. Players can use this feature at the beginning of menu of the games to connect to Black or White versions. After doing this option, there are several requests for you throughout the game. For example; You have to talk to a number of NPC's (mostly Gym Leaders or others), and they tell you things from the past, like how Iris changed her look and why the Striaton Trio quit their Gym carreer. Players now also are able to capture N's Pokémon in the wild. (Check Serebii or Bulbapedia for more). Memory Link is at the very beginning of everyone's game at the menu. (As far as I xan remember)

Hope you know enough!

EDIT: -.- seriously? Did I take so much time of posting this? Well jammi , you have 3 answers now!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
If I have a friend that has completed Black 2 and has the Challenge Mode key, can he transfer it to me and can I use it as soon as I start my game? If so, would you recommend it, as I have seen reports that this game is 'too easy' and I do like a challenge! Thanks. :)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
If I have a friend that has completed Black 2 and has the Challenge Mode key, can he transfer it to me and can I use it as soon as I start my game? If so, would you recommend it, as I have seen reports that this game is 'too easy' and I do like a challenge! Thanks. :)

You can!

I would recommend it. I found it much funner to play with challenge mode.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years

Yes, you can! Go ahead and give it a try - take up the challenge and do your very best! Have fun! *thumbs up*

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
What will happen to the shops at Join Avenue if I don't play my game for a while? Will they be out of business, or are they still there?

I wouldn't recommend it. The game isn't really that easy if you make your own challenges like completing the storyline while EV training your Pokemon, which makes level grinding slower and forces you to use a Pokemon against an opponent's Pokemon that has a type advantage against you but you still want to use your Pokemon because it's the only Pokemon that requires the EV points it has. There's also the post-game content such as the PWT and Black Tower/White Forest, which shows that there really isn't a need for a difficulty setting to begin with.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
What will happen to the shops at Join Avenue if I don't play my game for a while? Will they be out of business, or are they still there?

I wouldn't recommend it. The game isn't really that easy if you make your own challenges like completing the storyline while EV training your Pokemon, which makes level grinding slower and forces you to use a Pokemon against an opponent's Pokemon that has a type advantage against you but you still want to use your Pokemon because it's the only Pokemon that requires the EV points it has. There's also the post-game content such as the PWT and Black Tower/White Forest, which shows that there really isn't a need for a difficulty setting to begin with.

They never go away don't worry.

Well if you find the game still too easy or hard with challenge mode, you could always do one of the challenges in the challenge forum, or change back to normal mode.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
Magmortar with Vital Spirit?

i want one, how do i get one on white 2?

Last edited by a moderator:

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
guys there is a place like white forest from white 1 its called the nature preserve, you have to catch all the pokemon in the unova dex in order to go there

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
i want one, how do i get one on white 2?
It's available in the Dream World.
guys there is a place like white forest from white 1 its called the nature preserve, you have to catch all the pokemon in the unova dex in order to go there

No you don't; you just have to see all the Unova Pokémon, minus Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
im not familiar with how the dream world works. could you please explain how i would go about acquiring it there

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2013
RNG vs Edit?

can someone point out the difference? From what I can tell, pokecheck doesn't know the difference and neither does Nintendo.

RNG abuse is the manipulation of the system, while editing is plain ol' hack.. but if you edit right, there's no telling whether it was RNG abuse or edit, can you?

(I can't post urls yet)
RNG abuse or edit? pokecheck.org/?pk=4140776
RNG abuse or edit? pokecheck.org/?pk=4063544

I hope this doesn't continue onto gen 6 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back