• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Carbon Version (RMXP)

How is it so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
To be honest, I really like the new one.
I like the pose.
But it's just my opinion, though.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
yea have to agree with them fmp the old one is better just needs more detial into it. (but love its pose) its your choice though dude

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
If i were you i would stick with the new one, the old one is facilg to the sides which is just wrong. Maybe if you recolor its tail it will looks better ^^.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I really like this game. The screen shots are great, although, the mapping needs little work. But overall the game is looking amazing so far.
Best of luck on this.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
I'm not sure, because of the totally different poses on those two, I like the old one because of the colour in the tail (or is it a tail lol) and I like the new one aswell but that's more because of the pose it has, but all in all I should stick to the old one!

PoKéMaKeR

To be honest, I really like the new one.
I like the pose.
But it's just my opinion, though.

yea have to agree with them fmp the old one is better just needs more detial into it. (but love its pose) its your choice though dude

If i were you i would stick with the new one, the old one is facilg to the sides which is just wrong. Maybe if you recolor its tail it will looks better ^^.

To all the above:

Thank you all for your suggestions. Here's the new one with the same colored tail as the old one

picture.php

and I think I have a solution for the 2 poses. when you pick your starter you will have the choice of picking one of the 2 poses rather than just the usual one.

I really like this game. The screen shots are great, although, the mapping needs little work. But overall the game is looking amazing so far.
Best of luck on this.

and Thank you very much. I hope you'll check on it every now and then to see more updates and progress ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
"The flow of this very region is controlled by three. We call it the cycle of beginnings, but what happens if the cycle is interrupted? Does the land cease to exist? Does everything that was born, and created in the new land also cease to exist? It's dangerous to think we can create everything. Even the best inventions, come with great consequences."
It's vague...but, if its intent is a just to be an attention-getter, then it does its job. And it's promising to see some language just a bit more sophisticated than all of the typos and 'lol's and 'alot's around here...

The Grotto Region Name Check-->Superb. A man made region Yes! inhabited by man and pokemon for only 23 years So what's it made of? For all I know of right now, it's a lunar outpost.... This is one of two of the newest regions ...oh, please not two legendaries, one per region... in the vast and steadily growing pokemon world, but lately the region has seemed unstable .... There have been tremors and earthquakes occurring everywhere Yeah? So? Send them to western America; that place is decimated with earthquakes (remember, Surge went to America)...! New land is magically Oh really? popping up and natural disaters are slowly breaking the region apart! [/unoriginality] You are a young boy/girl in this region, starting fresh from Terilvine City Your names are top-notch! three days before your birthday ...at least not -on- your birthday., along side you is the cause of your sudden move So THAT'S what you meant by fresh? Yuck, cliche alert... (your mom)who also happens to be one of the top professors Juuuust happens to be..., and helping hand in the creation of the two regions. After experiencing an earthquake in Giltine Town Again, again, the names are enticing..., your sent out on an epic adventure, you set off on your journey uncovering weird truths and the origins of this mysterious and slowly decaying region So the only problem you've really established is the natural disasters...but, if the region is synthetic, how would it have normal geologic features? Was it carved outta another region (Ratchet and Clank, people)?. along the way meeting new friends, pokemon, cities and Islands. All the while fighting unexpected enemies, collecting badges + much more!

There's more? Sweet!
You start the game off asleep in your room, You then wake up and go downstairs. No ones home but you. So You decide to go outside, and look around, you stop to find there"s a note on the table beside the door for you though. So you read it and find that your mom wants you to come on down to the Pokemon lab C'mon...come up with something ebtter than this, seriously. to pick up something for your birthday. So as you leave the house and proceed to the pokemon lab. Something strange occurs...A purple Flash of light? Ghost-type attacks are purple... Then almost just as the light appears an earthquake starts rumbling the town So does whoever crafted the region have the power to alter it? If that be the case, this is went another tier up......Your then sent running into the pokemon Lab for shelter, And thats where I'll leave off for you all ...pff.. Also, after you receive your starter pokemon. Make sure to get the Running shoes and the Pokegear(soon to be changed) from the assistant to make your traveling easier Why the assistant? Does he have a reason to give you this junk? Was he instructed to do so by mommy?.

Idealists - 2 positions open I've gotta ask...what exactly does the 'Idealist' do? xD Shouldn't you all be idealists?
Half of it I love, and half of it I do not agree with...I'll be watchin' for more info.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
I'll answer these in the order you wrote.

"The flow of this very region is controlled by three. We call it the cycle of beginnings, but what happens if the cycle is interrupted? Does the land cease to exist? Does everything that was born, and created in the new land also cease to exist? It's dangerous to think we can create everything. Even the best inventions, come with great consequences."
It's vague...but, if its intent is a just to be an attention-getter, then it does its job. And it's promising to see some language just a bit more sophisticated than all of the typos and 'lol's and 'alot's around here...Yes that was the intent :)

The Grotto Region Name Check-->Superb Thank you. A man made region Yes! again thank you. inhabited by man and pokemon for only 23 years So what's it made of? For all I know of right now, it's a lunar outpost cant tell you yet ;), but It's natural and comes from earth so don't worry..... This is one of two of the newest regions ...oh, please not two legendaries, one per region Nope, not even close... in the vast and steadily growing pokemon world, but lately the region has seemed unstable .... There have been tremors and earthquakes occurring everywhere Yeah? So? Send them to western America; that place is decimated with earthquakes (remember, Surge went to America) this falls in with one of your comments below...! New land is magically Oh really? it all happens for a reason popping up and natural disaters are slowly breaking the region apart! [/unoriginality] how so? You are a young boy/girl in this region, starting fresh from Terilvine City Your names are top-notch! and again thanx three days before your birthday ...at least not -on- your birthday (my thought too)., along side you is the cause of your sudden move So THAT'S what you meant by fresh? Yuck, cliche alert how so?... (your mom)who also happens to be one of the top professors Juuuust happens to be yep :)..., and helping hand in the creation of the two regions. After experiencing an earthquake in Giltine Town Again,the names are enticing And again Thank you...., your sent out on an epic adventure, you set off on your journey uncovering weird truths and the origins of this mysterious and slowly decaying region So the only problem you've really established is the natural disasters...but, if the region is synthetic, how would it have normal geologic features? Was it carved outta another region (Ratchet and Clank, people)?Nope not at all. the storyline is totally different I assure you. along the way meeting new friends, pokemon, cities and Islands. All the while fighting unexpected enemies, collecting badges + much more!

There's more? Sweet! well of course! :)
You start the game off asleep in your room, You then wake up and go downstairs. No ones home but you. So You decide to go outside, and look around, you stop to find there"s a note on the table beside the door for you though. So you read it and find that your mom wants you to come on down to the Pokemon lab C'mon...come up with something ebtter than this, seriously. Hmmm...You'd have to play the game to fully understand. to pick up something for your birthday did you read this part?. So as you leave the house and proceed to the pokemon lab. Something strange occurs...A purple Flash of light? Ghost-type attacks are purple close, but nope.... Then almost just as the light appears an earthquake starts rumbling the town So does whoever crafted the region have the power to alter it? If that be the case, this is went another tier up now you've sorta got it! This comment also links to one of them above......Your then sent running into the pokemon Lab for shelter, And thats where I'll leave off for you all ...pff Hmmm... Also, after you receive your starter pokemon. Make sure to get the Running shoes and the Pokegear(soon to be changed) from the assistant to make your traveling easier Why the assistant? Does he have a reason to give you this junk?well If you wanna progress through the game a bit easier Your gonna need it. That's why.Was he instructed to do so by mommy?.nope

Idealists - 2 positions open I've gotta ask...what exactly does the 'Idealist' do? xD Shouldn't you all be idealists?well yeah that's actually a good point, but an idealist comes up with the main ideas for the game. you work closer with them than your friends. Part of your team...you get what I mean?

Last edited:
Years
Flood, I kinda deleted my private messages.
So I dont know what needs to be done for you.
If you can Pm me what is needed, thanks :)

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
This game shows quite a bit of promise. The idea of a man-made region is definitely something we don't see very often around here. Most of the fakemon sprites are alright (Pyaroo is my personal favorite). The main thing is they could use some work:

Velgrus: This has the very distinctive "flat" look found in a lot of the sprites from first and second gen. Try to add some change in color around the face area/extra shadowing to brighten up the look.

Pyaroo: This sprite looks wonderful. It is tastefully shaded with well-matched colors. Hopefully future fakemon will look like this.

Burlasie: The eyes are well-done, but the head could use some work. The bright red hue of the ear is a bit too vibrant IMO, and the head is a little disporportionate.

Cripet: This is mainly a good sprite, except the eyes. Eyes tend to have a great effect on the feel of the pokemon, and right now, they make it look very bland. Instead of those big, black Dream eyes, I suggest using grayish-blue compound eyes.

As for the screenshots, the title screen is a bit distracting, if only because of that blaring photoshop effect. The pokemon reminds me a lot of a purple Houndoom. Your mom (as in, the character's) looks like a hooker, no offense. The maps look too balnd in some places, but very crowded in others. I like the lampost light effects as well as the railing, but the boxy FR/LG pokecenter doesn't really fit in this game. And by the way, for your dialogue (which is fine other than the fact that the grammar could use a little help), YOU SHOULDN'T USE ALL CAPITALS TO GET A POINT ACROSS BECAUSE IT GIVES A VERY UNPROFFESSIONAL LOOK TO WHAT YOU'RE WRITING. The starter selction screen, and tilesets all look very refreshing and new.

Just keep at it, and you'll do fine. The story has promise, and the graphics are something to be envied.

<~F.M.P~>

Years

Crawls in... Bumps... Runs away...

Great job, Flood! I love the characters! Great work! :D

Thank you very much.

Flood, I kinda deleted my private messages.
So I dont know what needs to be done for you.
If you can Pm me what is needed, thanks :)

Okay I will...I don't need to much right now, but I do have 2 outlines you could give palettes to if you can.

This game shows quite a bit of promise. The idea of a man-made region is definitely something we don't see very often around here. Most of the fakemon sprites are alright (Pyaroo is my personal favorite). The main thing is they could use some work:

Velgrus: This has the very distinctive "flat" look found in a lot of the sprites from first and second gen. Try to add some change in color around the face area/extra shadowing to brighten up the look.

Pyaroo: This sprite looks wonderful. It is tastefully shaded with well-matched colors. Hopefully future fakemon will look like this.

Burlasie: The eyes are well-done, but the head could use some work. The bright red hue of the ear is a bit too vibrant IMO, and the head is a little disporportionate.

Cripet: This is mainly a good sprite, except the eyes. Eyes tend to have a great effect on the feel of the pokemon, and right now, they make it look very bland. Instead of those big, black Dream eyes, I suggest using grayish-blue compound eyes.

As for the screenshots, the title screen is a bit distracting, if only because of that blaring photoshop effect. The pokemon reminds me a lot of a purple Houndoom. Your mom (as in, the character's) looks like a hooker, no offense. The maps look too balnd in some places, but very crowded in others. I like the lampost light effects as well as the railing, but the boxy FR/LG pokecenter doesn't really fit in this game. And by the way, for your dialogue (which is fine other than the fact that the grammar could use a little help), YOU SHOULDN'T USE ALL CAPITALS TO GET A POINT ACROSS BECAUSE IT GIVES A VERY UNPROFFESSIONAL LOOK TO WHAT YOU'RE WRITING. The starter selction screen, and tilesets all look very refreshing and new.

Just keep at it, and you'll do fine. The story has promise, and the graphics are something to be envied.

Thank you for your comment h poke...Most of the things you mentioned with the fakemon have been fixed besides the eyes on cripet.
A new titlescreen was made just recently and will be revealed in the next update...as well as 2 others. The mother was actually a gym leader, but was used to substitute Prof.Oak while the new professor was being made...That will also be in the next update.

Thanx for your comment. I greatly appreciate it. ;)

I will have a new update by next week. I'm currently having small script errors which should be fixed soon.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Generally, I think small demos (but I usually keep this to myself) are a bad thing. Psychologically, when you make a demo, you think you're ahead of the game, right? And when you think you're ahead, you stop working as hard (the main reason TLW hasn't fallen apart yet). So, if you keep on thinking like you did when you were at peak enthusiasm (i.e, when you started out), you won't soon get tired of your game. The worst thing in the world, IMO, that can happen to a game is for false hope to consume the designer.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Generally, I think small demos (but I usually keep this to myself) are a bad thing. Psychologically, when you make a demo, you think you're ahead of the game, right? And when you think you're ahead, you stop working as hard (the main reason TLW hasn't fallen apart yet). So, if you keep on thinking like you did when you were at peak enthusiasm (i.e, when you started out), you won't soon get tired of your game. The worst thing in the world, IMO, that can happen to a game is for false hope to consume the designer.

I understand what you mean...I'll have to take that into consideration.

On a side note, I have started working on a new fakemon/potential Fire starter. I would like to get votes on which one you all would like to see as the Fire starter in game.

The old fire starter Pyaroo
PyarooIP.png
picture.php

OR
The new fire starter Eurdeer
picture.php
picture.php

please vote for one if you have the time. thanx.

Also NEW USERBARS!
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
The userbars are really well done man! I think that the old one is better.:classic:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I'll vote for the new one.
I would prefer the new one cause I like the cute design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back