• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Yesterday's Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
The game looks wonderful... and it's too bad because you lost all your files. I sincerely hope you don't let this project die. It has a very original idea for a game around here, and the plot, for what it is obviously has a good amount of thought put into it.

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
Game looks awesome. Man, I would love to get my hands on that Ride script. Is it going to be an HM or is it going to replace the Bicycle?

I appreciate that you credited me. Many people do not, unfortunately.

Sorry, no real reason to quote this, I just wanted you to know what I was referring to.

Nice 3rd gym badge on your signature Matt.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Hey guys. It's been a while, but I'm back with an update.

So the old computer is just sitting around, not doing anything, but I'm going to try handing it over to one of my friends very soon to see if he can somehow get me access to the hard drive.

I'll update you guys again as soon as I find out for sure.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2009
Great job. this is just going great <3.

I really hope the hard drive works out for you.

Whats the name of the song in the vid?

Its a very nice song <3

---edit---

[Ah, figured it out]

It seems to go with the vid ;p

Last edited:

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Hey everyone, I'm here again with some good news. I just learned that there is a product that allows you to connect internal hard drives via USB, essentially turning it into an external hard drive. Why didn't anyone tell me this thing existed before? I'll see if I can pick one up soon. They're $25 or so. (Maybe my dad will buy it for me. hehe...)

So expect to see things start moving around here soon, assuming I can find one of these things. [;

See ya soon!

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
Years
Hey everyone, I'm here again with some good news. I just learned that there is a product that allows you to connect internal hard drives via USB, essentially turning it into an external hard drive. Why didn't anyone tell me this thing existed before? I'll see if I can pick one up soon. They're $25 or so. (Maybe my dad will buy it for me. hehe...)

So expect to see things start moving around here soon, assuming I can find one of these things. [;

See ya soon!
Umm, you could just attach the harddrive to another computer. The cables look the same, though you might have to remove a cd rom from the computer and replace with the harddisk.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
That video looked pretty cool. I just hope you edit that 'Ride' charset slightly as it currently looks like the hero is doing unnatural things to that Tauros.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
That video looked pretty cool. I just hope you edit that 'Ride' charset slightly as it currently looks like the hero is doing unnatural things to that Tauros.
lol
Do you mean...
*watches the video*
lol!
I never noticed that!
Is it a boy? O.o xD
No really, you should change that.

Bao

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
the story sounds very interesting! would be nice if you could post up some screenshots too =]

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Thanks for showing so much interest guys, that really motivates me to get this project started again.

Don't worry, the ride animation is temporary until I find someone who can sprite me a decent one.

And as for putting the hard drive in another computer, it's from a laptop, and the only other computer I can use without taking apart my new laptop is my friend's old desktop. I'd have to buy a 2.5" to 3.5" conversion kit, which will cost almost as much as the USB adapter anyway, so I think I'm better off doing it through the USB adapter because it will basically give me an external hard drive to use as well, so I can back up my game in case this happens again. [;

gubgub

Person
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 19, 2009
just a quick question. maybe this was asked or maybe i missed something. the video says "before pokemon as you know it" but there are pokemon.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
just a quick question. maybe this was asked or maybe i missed something. the video says "before pokemon as you know it" but there are pokemon.

Before Pokémon "as you know it", meaning before things were the way they are now in the Pokémon world. You've known the Pokémon world since the mid 90s, but what about 50 years before that? Did you ever stop to think about what the world was like back then?

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
Years
And btw I forgot this. I actually liked the basic idea, the story line and your work. Good luck.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2009
This looks really professional, but I have an issue with the Apricorns. When they came up in the games (GSC) they had to be hollowed out and fiddled with in the olden days before they could be used to capture pokémon. In your game they just need to be plucked off a tree. An easy way to fix it would to add a sequence after the time warp, where he learns to make his own primitive pokéballs and then to add a "[Name] turned [Color] Apricorn into [Color] Pokéball."

But overall, nice concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back