• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think of B/W2?

Years
Although I have not yet played B/W2, I do have a comment.

I think, and I wonder if GameFreak was doing this on purpose, people are enjoying the games more because they came into it with low expectations, so they got more out of it, and that's a good thing! If everyone had really high expectations for it, people wouldn't enjoy it as much. The same goes for pretty much everything, including books, movies, T.V. specials, etc...

Oh, and FYI I am planning on posting a review later dw guys ;3

PkmTrainer

Drain Punch
Years
I'm only two badges in and so far I'm enjoying the game a lot. Granted I've never played Black & White 1 since I figured they would just make a third game with more content like they've always done. The only Pokemon games I've played are Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and the remakes. So far it looks like I'm going to enjoy this a lot more than Platinum.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Originally, I was not going to buy these games because I was not a fan of the original black and white games. Well, I decided to go to GameStop today and use a giftcard I have had for a long time on black 2.

So far I am enjoying it, im not far into it at all but I do like it more than the original black. So far so good!

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
I am taking it slow due to class work, work, etc. However I am enjoying the pace of the game, the characters are more then one dimensional unlike black and white, and I love having a bigger pokedex with Pokemon from past regions.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
I thought it was kinda... different that they were wearing visors instead of hats that cover their entire head.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
It's been okay to me, so far. Tho, that's sayin' alot since I haven't gotten very far. I like the new routes theme...also, the start off city theme was cool too. I like the fact that even ordinary trainers has opening animations, that's cool. What I like the most are the new layout; the health bar, the bottom battle screen, even the C-Gear, they all looks WAY better than B/W1. Even the new Team Plasma are good.

I just wish they gave the new rival better Pokemon they're so lame. LOL And I find it strange that Cheren was the first gym leader...one would think he'll be further up...or maybe the champion...or at least a elite four member (wishful thinking LOL)

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I thought it was kinda... different that they were wearing visors instead of hats that cover their entire head.
Glad I'm not the only one who is bugged by this (at least I think given the ellipsis...). I really hate those visors because they don't look good at all. Seeing the protagonist designs got me to be like "Um, no." to the entire game because both of them are hard for me to look at.

Still, based on what everyone is saying, I'll probably go pick one of them up eventually. Looking at an eyesore of a character is really only one thing... though at the same time... it might feel weird.

idk, I might be back posting in here to give my thoughts later this week xD

Years
In my veiw, it's living up to [my] expectations. Move tutors, new items and formes, and the new gym leaders/redesigned gym leaders! To me, there's a bit too much sidequests before you get to the actual story. But hey, slow and steady wins the race! Although it can give you some dissapointments, like the Musketeers getting kicked out of their homes and relocating on the routes, but it can give you some advantages, like a shiny Gible/Dratini!! I mean, a Shiny Pokemon for winning a dungeon is awesome!

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
i like Black 2 much better then 1 it got rid of most of the details i didnt like in 1 aka SHOVING THE NEW GEN POKEMON DOWN MY THROAT TILL AFTER ELITE FOUR, not being as linear (still can't say no to any questions though come on game freak hurry up and add more rpg into it), and lastly better animations nuff said on that part. My only real grief so far is.... WHY CAN'T MY POKEMON FOLLOW BEHIND ME I F*CKING MISSED THAT FEATURE ALL CAPZ RAGE!!!!!one

Years
I actually like B/W 2 a lot. It's a close tie to me for best region between Hoenn and Unova (after two years). I was very surprised at most things in the game, especially being able to use surf with my Squirtle at the beginning of the game!

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2012
Well, I just finished up the Stranger's House (loved that area)(Areas involving ghosts tend to be some of my favorite areas in Pokemon Games), and I have to say, so far the game is surpassing all of my expectations of it.

Years
I love it a lot, even more than B/W (which I didn't think was possible). XD; There's so many neat additions that I'd never have thought of including, like how some character sprites have little overworld animations.

But yeah, there's quite a lot of new additions, moreso than I thought the games would have. It's great!

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
i like it better than black 1 and all the other games except original silver and ive only played a few hours. has that old addictive feel the newer ones before it didnt have

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2017
Loving it so far. Still dislike the ugly pokemon..
But the addition of the old gen of pokemon made it better.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Its my favorite Pokémon game. For me it's even better than Yellow and some of you should know how big of a nostalgia... nerd? I am.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Already finished it . the game is awesome but having to defeat World Leaders 10 times .To unlock the champions tournament and having to go trough the 10 areas on the White Treehollow to face Benga
Its a pain in the ass

Back