• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG + OCG Fan Club

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I've just ordered 36 cards to make a Gishki deck for myself. They were all from the same dealer and they didn't have the other 4 so I've left them for now, as well as the extra deck because I barely ever use that with Gishki anyway. It's such a fun deck, and so shiny too! So many Secret Rares *.*

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Yeah I've actually been playing around with a Gishki deck lately too, I love being able to use Rituals again. And yeah, most, if not all of them are from Hidden Arsenals I think, so there are like no non-foils.

Years
  • Age 30
  • No.
  • Seen Sep 1, 2018
Username: Hunter994x
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Does Horus count?
Favourite card: Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel?
If so, what is it?

Also, what do you guys think of Cyber Dragon Nova?

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Cyber Dragon Nova has great effects but has absolutely nothing to make them usable right now. We need to know more cards.

Yeah I've actually been playing around with a Gishki deck lately too, I love being able to use Rituals again. And yeah, most, if not all of them are from Hidden Arsenals I think, so there are like no non-foils.
The Hidden Arsenals are actually so fabulous. I wish ALL sets were that shiny :(

DaigustoSphreez-HA06-EN-ScR-1E.png

PRETTY.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
You just need something as good looking as Frogs. ;) Imagine Beelze Frog or Unifrog with foil art and say they wouldn't be the damn prettiest cards in the game. I find that a lot of the newer archetypes have become too detailed with their cards and it takes away from the charm a little, but equally a lot of the older cards look pretty awful so I'm not sure which I prefer. Do you guys prefer the older or newer art?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I always thought Unifrog should be a foil. And I happen to like the new art a bit more. When I think of the old art, I think of Vanillas which kind of all have the same style going on. But with all the different archetypes now the artwork can branch out a bit.

My one qualm about the newer art:
Spoiler:

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I still don't understand what happened with Prophecy Destroyer. I refuse to think of it as part of the Prophecy archetype with that ridiculous art. Lots of people like that kind of art (seen also in the Noble Knights) but I'd really rather the more cartoony art stayed. I have no interest in looking at Magic: The Gathering cards.

I do prefer modern art in general, though. They're so much more distinctive, and random explosions of colour aren't the only things in the background anymore. I won't say I like all modern art, obviously, but the art from a decade ago looks positively childish in comparison.

Years
I'm trying to get back into the game (I only really play it casually against my brother anyway), but I've missed a lot since I stopped playing about 4 years ago when synchros were just being introduced. Any tips on what I should be buying to build a worthy deck?

I'm starting back off with the Saga of Blue Eyes White Dragon structure deck because Blue-Eyes was always my staple card and it makes sense to start off with a structure deck (yeah they're usually pretty crap, but it gives me a base to modify from). I'm happy to hear anything else I should buy (packs/collections/decks/anything). I've found a reasonably cheap place to buy Gold Series 5 from so I might try my luck with one of those as well. I can't wait to get the feeling I had opening packs again to be honest.

And for the purposes of the club...

Username: Nuke
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Elemental Hero (I happened to have a lot of pack luck with E-Hero fusions that were Super Rare at the time so I ended up building a deck around them and I enjoyed it)
Favourite card: Blue-Eyes White Dragon (Come on, it's the classic, the first episode of the anime builds it up as a great, rare card. The first set was based around it. Even the movie had a Blue-Eyes related card as one of the major cards)

Master_Bait

にょろーん~
Years
Username:Master_Bait
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: E-Hero deck (and my current decks, the Mermail series and my "randomly-made" Light Deck)
Favourite card: Starliege Paladynamo (he's the ace card of my Light Deck, and cause he looks cool)

Just asking, what's the best Light deck?

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
Haven't played this game since the new banlist came out, it's a little more sane now, but I miss the crazy times when E-Dragons were a thing. xD

Also when One Day of Peace was at 3. My win/lose for a Final Countdown Rogue deck was like 40/2 or something, ah the ragequits

Back