• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PlayStation Memories

Years
Here you can reminiscence about games you have played in the original PlayStation and stuff.

For me, Metal Gear Solid was the definitive PS game for me.

TY

Playing DUNE on the PS1... oh god the rage and the fun, since i never had this game on PC... RTS games arent playable on consoles. But it were the most memorable times i ever had as a kid <3

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Crash Bandicoot 2 is still one of the best platformers (3 had toooooo much gimmicks) and CTR is still the best kart racer.

Even as someone who hates jRPGs, Playstation 1 is still one of my favorite consoles ever and my favorite of the Playstation brand. MGS and Crash are the best.

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
barbie race and ride and the original ape escape are the only games i remember playing on the ps1. oh, and some sesame street game and toy story game.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I used to play a game called Auto Destruct a lot, which was rated M, but all fun games had a high mature rate, right? Anywho, it was pretty fun; it's like the game Twisted Metal, except you go on these missions to destory these bad guys who threaten the world, etc. It was very desructive, and had a variety of weapons for your car!

Another game that I loved was Crash Bandicoot: Warped and Crash Bandicoot Racing. The Crash bandicoot games in general were pretty fun; though I found myself playing Crash Bandicoot Warped a lot. Crash Bandicoot Racing was really fun too, although, I used to suck at Racing games and it got me a real long time to get used to everything, buuuuut, all in all, fun racing game! I'd say try it if you have the opportunity to play it!

Ah yes, and the Spyro games - I forgot the titles, but I played the one with Ripto, Gulp, Crush, etc. those bad guys, and Year of the Dragon, which was great, but, god I used to think it was a tough game.. Ah, how wrong I was years later; I find it pretty easy now, but still fun nonetheless!

Crux

Evermore
Years
Ah yes, and the Spyro games - I forgot the titles, but I played the one with Ripto, Gulp, Crush, etc. those bad guys, and Year of the Dragon, which was great, but, god I used to think it was a tough game.. Ah, how wrong I was years later; I find it pretty easy now, but still fun nonetheless!

This.
My favorite PSX game was definitely Spyro.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Ah, the PlayStation 1. One of my favorite systems.

The game series I played the most was Spyro the Dragon. I remember getting the demo disc of that game, playing the first three stages so many times that it was memorized at that point. When I finally got the game itself, all the changes confused me! But that first Spyro game was also the first game that I ever completed 100%+, even getting the final secret. Those games are top-notch when it comes to platformers.

After that, I remember really wanting the very first Digimon World game. Like really wanting it to the point where I was counting down the days until its release. Finally got it and played it so much. Never beat it, but I kept getting the rest of the Digimon World games. The second one was my favorite, but the third one was a fun RPG.

Speaking of RPGs...Final Fantasy VII. That game. It's just...Final Fantasy VII. I was another fan who loved it and everything about it (until it kept going on and on and Gackt). Very fond memories of those blocky undefined characters who were just so real and interesting.

Years
Playstation 1... My goodness, so much fun.

My most played game was "WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role"; my cousin and I spent HOURS upon HOURS playing the game. 10 second ladder matches, create a wrestler was fun, and the career mode was hilarious with the simulations.

"NHL 98" was fun, and "NHL Championship 2000" was good too. "Tomba!" was another fun one that captivated my imagination as a kid.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Playstation is one of my fave, if not the only one, game console.

I used to play Crash Team Racing on it, and I was having fun exploring the Adventure mode inside. In Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, I tend to clear the Career Mode even though it's tough. Besides of these, I also played Nascar Rumble, Super Shot Soccer, Let's and Go Eternal Wings (a racing game), Digimon World 2 and 3, Digimon Rumble Arena and 2 Super Sentai games of Gaoranger and Hurricaneger. Boy, I missed those fun times already.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
Man, the PS1 was all just about that dope start up sound.

Crash Bash was the one. Also got lots of play time from the Tony Hawks Pro Skater games, was really a Nintendo kid though.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I didn't play much PS1 games until my tweens... so I'll list the games that I watched my brother play that inspired me to play the PS1 myself and some of the games I played much later.

My brother's games

-Fade To Black
- Resident Evil (1)
- Twisted Metal and Twisted Metal 2
- Rayman (1)
- Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX

Games that I played...

- Front Mission 3
- Legend of Mana
- Spider-Man
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy: Tactics
- Legend of Dragoon
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I unfortunately did not own PS1 nor I played anything on emulator. But I do plan to play Persona 1 since PSP version is Japan only.
I do vaguely remember playing old Tekken and old FIFA in my last year of primary school but I'm not sure whether it was on PS1 or PS2 but probably PS1... :D
I would like to try playing on real PS1 again just for the feel but I don't think I will ever find an opportunity :/

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
My PS1 game library was really limited, but some favourites:

- Metal Gear Solid (KOJIMA IS KING)

- Chrono Cross (duuuuude this game deserves a remake, so good)

- Final Fantasy Chronicles (FFIV + Chrono Trigger, amazing games)

- MegaMan X5

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
Most of the games we had were to hard for me so i just played Monster inc, 2 demo disc with the free games,crash bandicoot we had all them,and some other game but i dont know the name.. I'll probably take the PS1 games from my brother when I get my PS2.

TY

I used to play all my PS1 games on my PS2 aswell, as i just couldnt get rid of them when my PS1 died. They are so much fun :D

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
My favorite game ever belongs to the PSX, and it is Crash Team Racing. I used to play this for hours and hours. Shame there isn't another game like it.

Back