• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club

Years
My favorite episodes from TLAB are "The Blue Spirit" and "Sozin's Comet, Part 2: The Old Masters". The Blue Spirit episode was so amazing because of all the action and excitement. I loved how it showed Zuko in a new light as well. The Old Masters was interesting for the fact of introducing a new form of bending, one that ultimately helped Aang cope with having to face and defeat Ozai because he wouldn't have to kill him.

Years
Fave Chars:

ATLA - Iroh. THE DRAGON OF THE WEST.

LOK - Mako. In addition to being a fire bender, I love his charming and polite personality. XD

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I dont have a favourite episode because I cant remember things that well.. xD.
More importantly...
Latest Episode:
Spoiler:

Years
Finally saw the newest episode. Thoughts:
Spoiler:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
No favourite episode here, because they're all pretty darn amazing :p

Spoiler:

Years
No favourite episode here, because they're all pretty darn amazing :p

Spoiler:
I agree with what you said in your spoiler. There was a moment there where I felt the same but came to the conclusion that it can't be. It would ruin the series I feel.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Yeah, I see where you're getting at, but who knows? Plot twists lie around every corner nowadays, so it could even be that the equalists weren't even the real threat. Not likely, but just an example. Either way, I do agree with you. They may just have set it up as a throw-off for the fans :p

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Joining! :D

Username: Toshiro.
Element: Fire

Favorite Character:
ATLA: Azula. I loved her. She was so nasty and a great antagonist for the series <3
Korra: Bolin. He is really funny xD He reminds me of Sokka.

Favorite Episode:
ATLA: SOZINS COMET. That was an AMAZING finale. Everything about it was awesome. All four parts.
Korra: I'd have to say the pilot. I loved the intro, and how Korra travels to Republic City. Also Katara :)

Years
I can see the idea behind it. I actually feel it's a bit typical; the corrupt politician who manipulates things to gain power. I also don't like the fact that they are making Korra look so weak and fragile. Hopefully she starts to learn more about her avatar powers soon!

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Username: -Grayscale-
Element: Air
LEMME IN SUCKAS

Jk. Huge fan of this show uh mah gawd <3

Favorite Character: King Bumi
Didn't show up often but I always thought he was funny ;o;

Years
^^ Oh Bumi, I loved him so much

"One of you is missing, someone very important...WHERE'S MOMO?!?!?!?!" <-paraphrased

Speaking of animals, what was your favorite animal cross from the series?
Mine would be Foofoocuddlypoops, a.k.a. a sabertooth-moose-lion, though all the crosses were cool. (like ostrich-horses!)

Last edited:

Jacinth

~Darling~
Years
YES! FOO FOO CUDDLYPOOPS!

He is officially my favorite animal EVER.

But other than that....
turtle ducks
turtle-duck_144x144.jpg

and
purple pentapus!
purple-pentapus_144x144.jpg

They're so cute and squishy! :D

Years
I love all the hybrids that they created. Each so unique but not too farfetched. My favorite is the lion-turtle though; such a giant, strong, gentle creature!

Cid

Years
From a few posts back:
While we're talking about episodes, what is your favorite episode from ATLA and LOK so far?
For the first series, I'd go with The Crossroads of Destiny for just ending probably the best book of the three with a bang. Katara and Zuko's interactions, Aang teaming up with Iroh, the old man and Azula being badass in general, twists here and there, I could just go on. I love that episode to bits, it started well, it ended very emotionally and just packed a lot of action scenes and bending that we all love.

For Korra, it has to be the most recent one, When Extremes Meet. Not saying why, but it was just a throwback to the badass antics of the original series when the whole team proves how epic they are in battle. All that coupled with twists, mystery and villainy, oh and less pro-bending. Don't get me wrong, I liked the sport, just not as much as regular bending fights. And speaking of regular bending fights, there's a whole lot in this episode, which is why I liked it so much.

As for the current discussion, favourite hybrids would be the badgermoles. They're really cool because they can Earthbend, and seemed docile in Toph's flashback. I'd like to pet one. Polar bear dogs come at a close second, though. For animals unique to the series, I simply love Appa, and flying bison in general.

Oh hi Netto. :D

@Jellicent:
Of course, that makes not joining even more abhorrent!
Although somehow I never doubted you'd make it here. /anyway off-topic again

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? I'd personally say Blood Bending, for obvious reasons. How about for Survival?

Years
I think all the elements are equally lethal in combat, and I think they do a pretty good job portraying that.

Lighting = Razor Sharp Water Attack = Boulder = Air Blast Of Doom.

However, since the only airbending we've really seen is by Aang and like all airbenders he is a pacifist, airbending doesn't really appear as lethal as say fire-bending which is mostly portrayed in negative, violent connotations through ATLA and also a bit in LOK. The same is pretty true for earth bending. I really think it depends on the skill of the bender, if an extra technique is involved (lightening, metal, blood) or if the bender is trying to kill their opponent.

In terms of survival, I'd say waterbending since survival is all about adapting and that's pretty much the description of waterbending. :)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for Survival?

Well from watching ATLA I would have to say that fire as an element is probably the most dangerous as they basically took over the whole world while Aang was out.
I think that the most lethal would have to be blood bending though as it gives basically total control over anyone which would definitely give you the advantage in combat.

I think earth or water would probably be the best for survival though so that'd probably be it.

Cid

Years
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat?
Assuming everything is available, the combatants are at their peaks and have the moon/sun/comet/whatever for them, and any possible feat can be performed, then I'd say Waterbending. Bloodbending is just too much, I believe you can even morbidly disintegrate a person with it. D; It also stops the person's tracks, and disables you from performing bending movements, so even if you can spontaneously blow up people like Combustion Man, it can still be more easily avoided.

How about for Survival?
Ehh, I'll go with Firebending. Waterbending most of the time needs a sufficient water source in combat, and traditionally a full moon to perform Bloodbending. Earthbending also needs a source, and being rid of that pretty much screws you. That leaves Airbending, which could be weakened with thin air or vacuum, but I think its defensive nature and the mobility it gives can be good for survival. Firebending gets both offense and defense, I think, and being able to spontaneously produce flames makes a skilled user difficult to incapacitate. Unless sub-zero temperatures can affect them similar to not having a bending source (I think The Boiling Rock episode kinda proved that so I dunno).

Years
It's hard to say between peak fire bending and peak water bending. Lightning has proven to be deadly if it strikes you. Aang would have died if Katara hadn't healed him immediately. On the other side of things, blood bending is insanely deadly. Being able to immobilize your opponent and cripple them is scary. I would say lightning wins out though because it is easier to access... Unless you're Tarrlok who can blood bend at will.

Back