• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY I'M STILL THE SAME, SOMEHOW EVERYBODY KNOWS MY NAME

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Let's say you become famous for whatever reason, you become a massive popstar, writer, actor, you killed a guy, whatever. You're huge! People in countries you've never heard of recognise your face and their children know your name and their brothers and sisters all have a fanclub dedicated to you. My point is, you're a superstar.

1. How do you think fame will change you?
2. Do you think you'd be able to withstand the pressures of fame? And not go off and pull a Britney (god bless her)?
3. How long would you want to be in the spotlight for?

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I think I would be creeped out by it, tbh. I prefer nobody knowing who I am. That's why a portion of my social life is on the internet.

I'm not sure how long I'd be able to deal with it. Probably a relatively short amount of time.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'd probably be a lot more sociable since I'd have a fanbase regardless of how I got famous (even mass murderers have fans for some reason), BUT I'd also be a lot less open since anything I say because it could easily be twisted or it could reveal too much.

2. Do you think you'd be able to withstand the pressures of fame? And not go off and pull a Britney (god bless her)?
Yeah, without a doubt. Granted, I might snap at somebody, but I wouldn't go bonkers.

Five years. Long enough to bypass being just a fad, but not long enough to risk getting stale.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dunno. I think being famous requires a lot of pressure and it's not surprising that people like Britney Spears snap and go kind of crazy. I dont think I'd want it, it sounds nice to a lot of people but you're in the spotlight a lot and people watch your every move, and you dont get much privacy anymore, everyone knows about your personal life and it's talked about in public. If I were to be famous, Id want it to be for a few months to see what it was like but not forever.

Years
I think it's possible to be famous but distance yourself from the pressure, like Daft Punk does. If I ever become famous, I'd like to emulate them.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've never liked the idea of fame, I prefer being quiet and by myself, rather than having cameramen and reporters surrounding me every time I walked down the street or decided to take a stroll. I don't think I could stand the pressures of fame, in general to be honest I'm awful with dealing things under pressure even with peer pressure, so the pressures of fame would probably drive me crazy after a while. But I would want to get out of the spotlight when I could honestly, fame is great but it isn't my thing really.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Haha, it's okay Harlequin, you can say whatever you want about somebody as long as you add "Bless their heart" after.

Whelp, for one, I'd have to start being more mature.

I think I would be able to handle it, I mean, I just stopped caring.
As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to spend your life following mine, you need to look yourself in the mirror, and ask: What do I want from life?

I don't know really...
To be honest, I'm kinda indifferent about this entirerly. :T

Years
How do you think fame will change you?
As much as I'd like to say that it would, that's highly unlikely. I'd have very little free time compared to right now, for one, and I doubt I'd find myself going out to do different things without being recognized every two minutes. On the flip side, though, I'd have MONEY, and lots of it!

Do you think you'd be able to withstand the pressures of fame?
I've already got a really high tolerance for stupid and crazy people, so I think I'd be okay on that front. I'd even be fine with being under scrutiny for different things that I say/do. The only thing I'd absolutely hate is paparazzi. But, if that's the only thing I let annoy me, I would like to hope I didn't crumble under pressure.

How long would you want to be in the spotlight for?
Definitely not forever. I think after a few years I would get sick of it, and move away somewhere that people would leave me alone. I wouldn't want to put a time frame on it, but anything past a decade would be too much for me.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
How do you think fame will change you?
I would most probably stay the same as I was before 'the day I became famous'. Either I stay the same or just go completely insane from all the fame. (Ooh look it rhymes lol.)

Do you think you'd be able to withstand the pressures of fame?
No, I do not think so. I won't be able to withstand it for too long... With fame comes the mountainous pressure of keeping your fans and the paparazzi entertained and I think this heavy pressure would be certain to crush me in no time. I am also quite introverted in nature and prefer keeping to my thoughts and to myself; having to smile for the cameras 24/7 until my cheeks ache and to act like I was made for fame will certainly bring me down to my knees.

How long would you want to be in the spotlight for?
Uh... Not too long, certainly. I was not made for the spotlight, that I an say. I would probably get 'spotlight burns' the way people get sunburns from being under the sun for far too long lol. I think I won't be able to stand it for more than a month. No, I think just a mere few days..

Years

Honestly, it wouldn't change me much except I'd be even more careful about revealing personal details than I am now.

Probably, like I said fame would have little effect on me... that being said I like my privacy and I'd damn well find a way to get it.

Long enough for people to remember me after I'm gone, but not so long that I got fed up with it.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
Probably, I mean just having a teacher put my name on a test paper makes me act all smug
I'd probably crack under the pressure,but I won't pull a britney
Depends how long a murder trial goes on for

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Being famous is really a sink or swim experience. It can go either way. I personally think I'd be fine. The attention would get to me and I wouldn't be able to read the bad stuff people online were saying about me because I think I'd be really thin-skinned about all that stuff, but I think it'd force me to adapt and after faltering for a while I'd get the hang of it and adjust to my new life.

I'd have to be more social, more willing to try new things on a whim. It could be really good for me. Maybe I should get famous.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I will stay the same mostly, but fame will make me learn of newer things.

I might able to withstand it if it doesn't go way too much.

I hope it will be forever.

Years
Well, I think the natural tendency is to think that one wouldn't change, but am pretty sure that most people who undergo fame change.
I'm not sure about this one. At times their would be the euphoria of being followed by the paparazzi, fans, ect. But everyone has times in their personal lives in which they would be embarrassed or shameful; that shame would be magnified insurmountably!!
Well, it's hard to say. I would probably not feel adequate in life if I had fame and lost it. So, probably til death and onward.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Only the amount of money I got.

I'm pretty sure I can, I'm not someone who changes easily just because I got ahold of something.

As long as I can stand for it.

Back