• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well, some of you may have noticed that threads posted in the RPG sections are now being moderated to prevent anymore short plot's slipping through our fingers. When you post a thread in the RPG section it will now be sent to me for validation, which means it will either be approved or disapproved.

So we all know what this means right?

You all have to read the rules carefully if you wish your RPG to be approved; this means long plots, not just three or four lines. Four lines is fine for posts, as I have stated, but a plot needs to be quite long, I would say at least eight lined (two paragraphs) and don't think you can get away with writing half a line and then another half a line until you reach eight lines, because its not going to work.

Anyways, the reason I asked for RPG's to be moderated, is that we are getting way too many short plots, and it?s not acceptable. So all we ask of you is to at least make them acceptable, it?s not hard to type two paragraphs, surly.

Now, if your wondering why your threads haven't shown up yet, it is either because they have not yet been approved or they haven't been approved full stop. Only those which are approved will show up for yourself and others to view.

If you think there has been a problem, then please contact me via PM.

If you have any comments then please post here.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Comments? Well, I think it's kind of sad that the N00Bishenss level in the RPing section has come to this point and of course it's an extra bother that RPs will now take time to appear but I can see why something needs to be done. One question though, as an estimate, how long does it take for an RP to get approved? Can any staff member approve these RPs (As it's basically just a matter of checking a few simple guidelines) or is it only those with RP experience? Oh, and as a final comment; maybe it would be good to post something about this in the Pok?mon Roleplay section too, seeing as how I don't think most people around there tend to visit the lounge.

Years
As far as I am aware, the only one who can approve them is me, so whenever I come on the first thing I will probably do is check through the moderation queue. I have asked to be notified through E-mail, but I'm not sure if that is possible. But that's pretty much how it works.

For an estimate, I would say at the most a day, unless problems arise. But a day at the most, it really depends when I am on, perhaps I will check them once a day and perhaps more, but until I actually see them they can't be approved.

Also I was thinking of positing in both forums, but we really do have too many stickies in both forums, so the RPG lounge was the best I could think of XP

But to tell the truth, if short plots were not posted, then there would be no need for this as you said, but unfortunately we are getting more and more of them and something needed to be done to ensure that members read the rules. You never know, if plots seem to be getting better, we may get rid of the moderation, but until signs of improvement show, then this stays.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Ookami said:
As far as I am aware, the only one who can approve them is me, so whenever I come on the first thing I will probably do is check through the moderation queue. I have asked to be notified through E-mail, but I'm not sure if that is possible. But that?s pretty much how it works.

For an estimate, I would say at the most a day, unless problems arise. But a day at the most, it really depends when I am on, perhaps I will check them once a day and perhaps more, but until I actually see them they can't be approved.

I see...it's kind of tough if someone happens to start an RP when you're sick, on holiday, or away for school/personal reasons, though. Oh well, patience is a virtue I suppose. Would it be possible to get some reliable person (Former/current mod etc.) who could do the quality checking if you end up absent for one reason or the other?

Ookami said:
Also I was thinking of positing in both forums, but we really do have too many stickies in both forums, so the RPG lounge was the best I could think of XP

Well, if you're concerned about the amount of stickies, maybe you could just add a link to this topic in the Sign-up Rules? The two are pretty much related, anyhow. The amount of stickies could further be reduced by combining the RP Rules and the Sign-up rules topics into one. Just as thought.
Ookami said:
But to tell the truth, if short plots were not posted, then there would be no need for this as you said, but unfortunately we are getting more and more of them and something needed to be done to ensure that members read the rules. You never know, if plots seem to be getting better, we may get rid of the moderation, but until signs of improvement show, then this stays.

Yeah, with a little luck this could serve as a warning shot against N00Bs. Well, thanks for clearing those things up. ^^

Years
I see...it's kind of tough if someone happens to start an RP when you're sick, on holiday, or away for school/personal reasons, though. Oh well, patience is a virtue I suppose. Would it be possible to get some reliable person (Former/current mod etc.) who could do the quality checking if you end up absent for one reason or the other?
I was thinking as much the same thing, I will see what I can do about that, but if nothing can be done then waiting is all I can ask you to do, sorry.

Well, if you're concerned about the amount of stickies, maybe you could just add a link to this topic in the Sign-up Rules? The two are pretty much related, anyhow. The amount of stickies could further be reduced by combining the RP Rules and the Sign-up rules topics into one. Just as thought.
I don't want to merge those twp threads because sign ups are also a major problem as to short posts; I want people to notice them both equally. I will add a note on moderation in the sign up rules. But it should be pretty obvious that moderation is occurring because of the note that appears when a thread has been submitted.

Anyways your welcome ^ ^ and as another note, I am more than happy to offer help to those who's threads were disapproved. I know that it may be hard to tell whether your threads have not been approved, but if say...a week at the most passes then it is obvious that either it has been disapproved or I am having some troubles, so you may PM me then asking why your thread has not been approved and I am more than happy to give my reasons ^_^

Last edited:

Lady Akita

*~Unimportance~*
Years
But then again..this would make it all really inconvinent..having been an active RPer in the past..After a new RP post has been made..and the next person who's supposed to make their move dosen't see it..you know what I mean?
Can't there be a way that we can earn the privilege of posting normally back?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Lady Akita said:
But then again..this would make it all really inconvinent..having been an active RPer in the past..After a new RP post has been made..and the next person who's supposed to make their move dosen't see it..you know what I mean?
Can't there be a way that we can earn the privilege of posting normally back?

Eh? o.O Umm...you do realize that this only concerns the creation of the actual RP Threads and not posting in them, right? I mean come on, no human could ever monitor every single post being made.

Kurosaki

I can set it so I can check them too, but only if Ookami has no problems with it. *shrugs* XD

Years
Kurosaki said:
I can set it so I can check them too, but only if Ookami has no problems with it. *shrugs* XD
Yeah, that would help a bunch Dai ^_^

I can't be on 24-7 so it would help if at least two could check the moderated threads.

So that should help a lot ^ ^

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
I think it's a great idea, (though this doesn't really apply to me as I dislike being RP Master) and it'll definetly ward out any strange or sad RPs that are just going to be locked again. Especially if that RP Master is n00b to the infinite, and posts their thread over and over again. I find that there's nothing more annoying than a desperate RP Master. It'll also save Alter Ego a lot of time! XD I think that there is a difficulty when it comes to the stickies, but perhaps you could put this on the actual RP page where billions of stickies are, and move it here after a week or so? I dunno, just a suggestion, as I'm probably one of the very few pokemon RPer's who check the Other RPing lounge. By the way, this applies to both Other and Pokemon RP's right? *prays that it does*

P.S. I've been dying to ask this as I've been completely and totally confused by this for ages but what happened to Strider and Yukito, or am I being a n00b and totally missing out the fact that you and Kurosaki are those two people??? 0_0 The connection between Strider/Yukito/Ookami/Kurosaki appeared when I was re-reading the rules and at the very end of Ookami's post it says 'contact either me or yukito at the following links (or something like that)

Strider Yukito

and those are links. I'm really confused, and yet I think it'd be sort of lame to dedicate an entire thread to that question. Maybe if someone could clear it up as a side note? ^_^;;; hope I'm not spamming as many people seem to have different definitions of spamming.

Kurosaki

I think it's a great idea, (though this doesn't really apply to me as I dislike being RP Master) and it'll definetly ward out any strange or sad RPs that are just going to be locked again. Especially if that RP Master is n00b to the infinite, and posts their thread over and over again. I find that there's nothing more annoying than a desperate RP Master. It'll also save Alter Ego a lot of time! XD I think that there is a difficulty when it comes to the stickies, but perhaps you could put this on the actual RP page where billions of stickies are, and move it here after a week or so? I dunno, just a suggestion, as I'm probably one of the very few pokemon RPer's who check the Other RPing lounge. By the way, this applies to both Other and Pokemon RP's right? *prays that it does*

P.S. I've been dying to ask this as I've been completely and totally confused by this for ages but what happened to Strider and Yukito, or am I being a n00b and totally missing out the fact that you and Kurosaki are those two people??? 0_0 The connection between Strider/Yukito/Ookami/Kurosaki appeared when I was re-reading the rules and at the very end of Ookami's post it says 'contact either me or yukito at the following links (or something like that)

Strider Yukito

and those are links. I'm really confused, and yet I think it'd be sort of lame to dedicate an entire thread to that question. Maybe if someone could clear it up as a side note? ^_^;;; hope I'm not spamming as many people seem to have different definitions of spamming.
Strider = Ookami
Yukito = Me

Better change that... XD

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
*rolls eyes* Um...can I have my two cents in here?

If I remember correctly I've been complaining about this...and now...you both decide to do something about it? A bit late...but never late than never right?

Well, good luck with your goal. *salutes and exits* ;)

MWAHAHAHA! That's right I'm not going to even ask if there is anything I can do to help. Because personally, now coming back...and being away for months on end has shown me...this place is far beyond trying to fix...so good luck with that. (not normally pessimistic but I'm skeptical if you can pull this off...)

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Perhaps this will work out, although I'm presuming the number of threads will decrease significantly, if this place is what I think it is, especially after all the talk about 'n00bs' and such.

Raichu Master- have some optimism. Suppose this works out? Only time will tell. XP

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
I really like this idea :3 Just...as long as you don't get bored with reading plots and forget to moderate some of them x.x I mean, you're going to read the plots and check them anyway, right? So, I don't think anything too different is happening here. I like the idea ^-^

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Raichu Master, you're just tooooooo good at RPing. _ _;; I can never beat your incredibly long posts that are equal to about a third of my Fanfiction chapters!!! You shouldn't judge other people just because they have inferior skills.

Kurosaki, WOW! Thanks for clearing that one up, though I halfly figured it out after checking the members list.

By the way, will this apply for already created threads that are either Dying, or filled with utter spam? I also wish that you could fix up members who RP here like you can fix up n00bish threads. It would also help the problem of RP Masters who have no choice but to accept RPer's whom they know have absolutely no experience in RPing. (especially when they're the only ones who join and they post one-liners and complain endlessly about when the RP is going to start?)

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
HA! THanks Kurosaki. I did pay attention when I posted it and if it wasn't for you I would have keep posting it and posting it. I think this is a great idea to. We will have good RPs now...I am happy!

Years
RM: Yeah, well never really came to me until now to use moderation...>>;; My mind works slowly XP

Lileh: It should work out well if me and Dai are both looking out for moderation, normally when I'm asleep Dai is on, so different time zones could help XP (Never thought I would say that)

chibi: Yup yup, not exactly going to approve them without looking at the plots now are we x_x

Naoko: Unfortunantly, the threads that have allready been made will not be effected by this.

Aang: I was wondering why I had two XP

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
Yeah, sorry about that. I need to start paying attention. Another good thing about this is it will stop people from posting the same RP over and over agian. I like it the most because it will stop all of the 'waste of time RPs'. I was about ot leave PC becasue i am here pretty much becasue of RPs and the started, well sucking. With this rule however, all the crappy RPs will be discarded and that is a great thing!

Lady Akita

*~Unimportance~*
Years
I wouldn't call them crappy, tho. I've seen *'newbyish' RP thread with only one line for a plot, and things like that. Those bug me. But then again, now there's barely any RP's that I could join. newbish or not, I have no ide awhat's going on, since most of them are anime-based.

Years
Lady Akita said:
I wouldn't call them crappy, tho. I've seen *'newbyish' RP thread with only one line for a plot, and things like that. Those bug me. But then again, now there's barely any RP's that I could join. newbish or not, I have no ide awhat's going on, since most of them are anime-based.
Well perhaps you could make your own RPG's. That way they would be to your liking and you wouldn't have to look for an RPG to join ^_^

But if your not a lead your own type of person then the only thing I can really suggest is to request an RPG be made for you by another member, there are bound to be some people who are willing to do such a thing =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back