• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Asphar Version

Of which feature would you like to see a short video?

• A Storyline Event

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • The Revamped Intro

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • The Battle System

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Training

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • The Laptop

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • The Menu

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Pokemon World

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Move Selection

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Something Else (please state)

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Years
How will it be determined when a Pokemon rises in rank, with the level of each stats or something else?
It'll be determined by the stats - but it won't be as simple as 'all of them have to be red' or 'the stats added together have to reach a target'. After all, we don't want someone on Legendary rank with no speed or something. :P

And how many Ranks will there be, do you think? (Also there should be one called "Abominably Powerful" :P)

I was thinking about having:
Fragile
Puny
Weak
Average
Strong
Powerful
Legendary

But you never know, might be able to fit 'Abominably Powerful' in there somewhere :P

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Hmm colors? original, but kinda difficult to measure =/

Like, with what i suggested, you can see an end of the bar, which is measurable with the ammount of lit up squares.
Unless you have a chart at the bottom, it'll be hard to remember what each colors strength is.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
This is actually looking pretty good!
The status screen seems simple and in order!

Although, I think you should make less weaker ranks.
That's kind of saying that a level 20 Pokemon is weak (I know you don't go by levels)

Years
Hmm colors? original, but kinda difficult to measure =/

Like, with what i suggested, you can see an end of the bar, which is measurable with the ammount of lit up squares.
Unless you have a chart at the bottom, it'll be hard to remember what each colors strength is.

Hmm... The main reason why I didn't do this was because there's no set number that you have to reach to go up a rank. For example; if the bar was 10 squares long and each square represented 5 stat points, I could increase my Atk by 50 (filling the Atk bar) - but if I haven't worked on any other stat then I won't go up a rank (resetting the bars) and my Atk could continue to grow beyond the bar.
I'll go back and brainstorm this more though
Not sure if I made much sense there, but I know what I mean :P I'll go back and brainstorm some more anyways.

This is actually looking pretty good!
The status screen seems simple and in order!

Although, I think you should make less weaker ranks.
That's kind of saying that a level 20 Pokemon is weak (I know you don't go by levels)

You do have a point, so I've condensed the bottom two into one, but I'd like to keep two ranks below average to give the player time/room to grow. And also because I think it makes it seem more 'realistic' - there's thousands of trainers already out there with years of experience and to be 'average' would be like saying the player can compete with most of them - and I don't want that to happen too soon.

Puny/Fragile/Something like that
Weak
Average
Strong
Powerful
Legendary

Apologies for any bad grammer, have a major hangover :sleeping:

Atomic Reactor

Well, the bars could reset every time you reach a new rank?

Years
Well, the bars could reset every time you reach a new rank?

But if you've only filled one bar, and not trained any other stat, your rank won't go up to reset the bars anyway...

Maybe I should have a limit to how high you can raise each stat per rank? That would solve the problems, I could turn it into bars, and it'd be less complicated. Yes. I'll do that.

Ta for the help. New screenshot soon. :)

How's this? :)

Stats3.png

Music Player in the Laptop...

Music.png

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
:laugh:

I love that Eye of the Pikachu screen. Will the music continue playing outside of the laptop?

And perhaps once a stat has reached a certain point it becomes unmeasurable and the bar just turns completely red, or something?

Years
Will the music continue playing outside of the laptop

Yes. :)

And perhaps once a stat has reached a certain point it becomes unmeasurable and the bar just turns completely red, or something?

Well I've decided to have a limit on how high a stat can go per rank, cause otherwise someone could train their Atk to be 50 times every other stat or something.
Apart from the Legendary Rank - no limits from there on.

Atomic Reactor

Now idk all the details on the laptop.
But i think it should have a battery life. Like after so long, you can't use it, andi th as to be charged at a PC or something.

Years
But i think it should have a battery life. Like after so long, you can't use it, and it has to be charged at a PC or something.

Good idea. :)

And what about being able to store one of your Pokemon in your Laptop - like an actual portable PC? But there's only enough free memory to store one Pokemon, and switching it with one of your Party uses up the whole battery?

Er... something to think on maybe. :P

Meanwhile - working on the badges & case. [Can you guess the Pokemon body parts :P]
Badges.png

Work-in-progress. Comments?

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
The design is cool but i think you should change the badges to something other than pokemon (that includes pieces of them)

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

How about at first, you can't store/retrieve any
But you'll gradually get upgrades and stuff for your laptop that allows for different things?

Like maybe you get an "old laptop" in the beggining
and through out the game you can duke it out?
More memory, better video card, more storage(memory i guess lol)
and other programs? eh?

I love the badge case, but i think you should sue actuall badges =/

Bulbasaur,charmander,squirtle,pikachu,fearow,beedrill, onix, hitmonchan, cubone, haunter?

EDIT: Just noticed there was 10 badges XD

Last edited:

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
Years
I love the challenge the game is presenting these new features and the way it is kinda like the anime is just so awesome. I can't wait to play this game.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
how about once all the stats are maxed you level up or maybe like 4/5 but the still continue to grow just not shown until the next rank

just an idea to consider

oh another idea

registering items like the bike is awesome but it would be extra awesome to register repels and that...

Last edited:

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
wow i love the storyline and the images andc the picture of ash and the viedeo koooooooooooool
icon10.gif

Years
Thanks for the comments. Will swap those for real badges :)

How about at first, you can't store/retrieve any
But you'll gradually get upgrades and stuff for your laptop that allows for different things?
Like maybe you get an "old laptop" in the beggining
and through out the game you can duke it out?
More memory, better video card, more storage(memory i guess lol)
and other programs? eh?

Oooh... Good idea. I like it. Cheers. :D

Bulbasaur,charmander,squirtle,pikachu,fearow,beedrill, onix, hitmonchan, cubone, haunter?

Close. 9/10 ain't bad. It's a Pidgeotto wing. :P

Just noticed there was 10 badges XD

Yep. And out of curiosity, would you just go for 8 badges to qualify for the League, or go for all 10 anyway?

how about once all the stats are maxed you level up or maybe like 4/5 but the still continue to grow just not shown until the next rank

Hmm... Could do... I'll have to think on it some more.

registering items like the bike is awesome but it would be extra awesome to register repels and that...

You can register any item (that's usable outside of battle), and you can register up to 4 at any time. :)

Atomic Reactor

Well I'd go for all 8 to qualify, then maybe for training or fun get all 10.
But yeah, no matter what, I'd go for the 10 :P

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
You can register any item (that's usable outside of battle), and you can register up to 4 at any time. :)
thank god. i'm sick of going through everything just to get another repel :D.

i am definalty playing this the moment it comes out

is there anything i can do to help but i have never used any of these types of programs. still if there is anything i can do i'll try to do it

Last edited:
Years
Well I'd go for all 8 to qualify, then maybe for training or fun get all 10.
But yeah, no matter what, I'd go for the 10 :P

That's the spirit! :P

is there anything i can do to help but i have never used any of these types of programs. still if there is anything i can do i'll try to do it

Na, it's ok man. I'm good for now. Cheers.

More screenshots:
Gym.png
Gym2.png

Gym3-1.png

I would say this is the first gym, but really about 8 out of 10 gyms could be the first. :)

(And yes that is Brendan :cool:)

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

I think you should use one style of overworlds =/

Back