• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rumor/Unconfirmed Information Discussion Thread

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
This thread won't last long as the games come out in 2 months but rumors have already started coming out about the games. The News Discussion Thread is for News so here let's Discuss any that we've seen about. How will they affect the game? How legible do you think the rumor is? Etc.

Pokejungle recently posted a rumor and this is what I think.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cid

Years
The guy who made those rumors. He is one creative guy. And that's assuming the rumors that PokeJungle posted are made up.

I admit, I haven't read all of it. But I love the idea of a completely new region, characters, and of course, a plot that has strong connections to the previous games just like how G/S did it with R/B/Y. Now I really wish at least some of these turn out to be true. Too bad the lack of GB to GBC shift (i.e. DS to 3DS) makes the comparison less plausible, but I can still dream, right? :D

One thing that particularly strikes me in those pile or rumors is the inclusion of more of N's backstory into the plot. That's something I would really want. His mother being revealed in a painting was a nice touch, too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's really weird but I really really really think this is true which is getting me preemptively excited, and also scared since if that's true it means a new forum, lol. :x BUT IRRELEVANT TO THE EXCITEMENT. A true real sequel? I REALLY hope that's what's revealed, if so I'll be amazed and excited. I kinda got way too excited and started believing it which I really shouldn't since I should remain skeptical but I mainly read the start of "new region" and the new Pokemon. If that's true, that's seriously... just wow. Only reason I'm believing this is because of the starter evolutions leaking and other things which were rumours but turned out to be true. Please please please please be real. I want new Pokemon/new everything so bad. :(

Cid

Years
I really wouldn't want to be disappointed, so I am attempting to dismiss at least this rumor post right here. I'd love to hear you guys prove me wrong with evidence from past rumors that turned out to be true, though. XD Right now here's what I think: some of these rumors just seem too far-fetched. Not to mention its size, which is seemingly too much information in just one issue of CoroCoro. Yeah, admittedly they are going to release information eventually. I just don't think it'll be like this with one big drop of load. Also: three sections with around four paragraphs each filled with rumors, and no mention of the mascot, Kyurem? Hmm. :\

However! It still makes me excited on tons of things-- really, all the possibilities that they could have in these games. I wish that the creators would surprise us like no other when they finally reveal the games, hopefully in a good way.

blue

gucci
Years
There are some great rumors, it gets me even more eager to find out more about these two mysterious games! I think there will be two regions, again N will be the main character in the storyline but just in a different concept and we will see old, reoccurring characters return hopefully and new ones too maybe relatives of N!
Now I can't wait till the 15th!

Years
Even if they end up being just rumors they're still pretty creative ideas and I wouldn't mind seeing them end up in the games, especially an evolution to Swoobat. I want to believe it's true, but I'm gonna wait until something official pops up.

Riansky

Purr
Years
If only this is real!

I know they are rumors but imagine that. It would be amazing. New pokemon, region, gym leaders, characters. Hope its real really.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't believe any of those rumors, particularly the one about the new starter Pokemon because to me, B2/W2 is B/W with an expanded storyline (with roughly the same Pokemon). I'll wait until the next issue of CoroCoro comes out for more information.

Still, I think those rumors might be good ideas for future games.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I don't believe it at all. Black and White have only been out for a little over a year, and so I highly doubt they have been able to make brand new Pokémon in such a small period of time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
@ above: They could've been working on them at the same time as B/W, aka had two Pokemon designing production teams possibly. So hey it's logical! Besides, B/W would've been completed at least two years ago I'd say (or mostly complete), and it took around 2 years I'd say to have designed the B/W Pokemon unless there's an official figure. :x

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
It's really weird but I really really really think this is true which is getting me preemptively excited, and also scared since if that's true it means a new forum, lol. :x BUT IRRELEVANT TO THE EXCITEMENT. A true real sequel? I REALLY hope that's what's revealed, if so I'll be amazed and excited. I kinda got way too excited and started believing it which I really shouldn't since I should remain skeptical but I mainly read the start of "new region" and the new Pokemon. If that's true, that's seriously... just wow. Only reason I'm believing this is because of the starter evolutions leaking and other things which were rumours but turned out to be true. Please please please please be real. I want new Pokemon/new everything so bad. :(

We'll petition to have you mod B2/W2 :K

Even if they end up being just rumors they're still pretty creative ideas and I wouldn't mind seeing them end up in the games, especially an evolution to Swoobat. I want to believe it's true, but I'm gonna wait until something official pops up.

Yes! The Swoobat evo got me pretty exited and it explains it's terrible stats.

Also, a new storyline linking to Unova makes up for BW's relative short and incomplete storyline, though it was a great game.

However, I don't want all this new stuff because the BW characters only got a little time to shine, Elesa etc. But I guess we'll be able to battle them in B2/W2 ;)

Riansky

Purr
Years
I don't believe it at all. Black and White have only been out for a little over a year, and so I highly doubt they have been able to make brand new Pokémon in such a small period of time.

I think i've read somewhere that they have more then 1000 pokemon concepts. And they probably make more then 200 pokemon per generation and just choose lets say 120"best" for the generation. If you know what I want to say. They could have them already prepared when they released B/W

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
What? Rumors?! *RAGE* *RAGE* *RAGE*

No lol this sounds awesome! Whether it's true or not is questionable obviously, but it's not near as far fetched as some people are making it out to be! Either way, I cant wait until the new games

Joshawott

Banned
Years
@ above: They could've been working on them at the same time as B/W, aka had two Pokemon designing production teams possibly. So hey it's logical! Besides, B/W would've been completed at least two years ago I'd say (or mostly complete), and it took around 2 years I'd say to have designed the B/W Pokemon unless there's an official figure. :x

True, but I somehow doubt it. It seems Game Freak likes to savour the current Pokémon that they have for the time being so that when new ones are released people will be excited and more likely to purchase the game(s) that accompany them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
This "information leak" did not include anything about Kyurem or its formes, so I doubt it is true. If anything, Kyurem should have been the main focus of the information since the games are based around it. Some of the ideas could happen, but as far as NEW stuff goes, I highly doubt it right now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You so kind bluerang!

Uhhh right, Josha, but still, it's like... a year! Lots of time to be excited really. :3

ALSO:
No word given, but the general shape of the region, the castles, and the theme of the Pokemon hints towards being inspired by the U.K., but seems like an amalgam of Western Europe.

Part in particular. I'm sure I've noted many times about why the bias towards UK with the release dates and everything with B/W? Yeaaah this adds up. ;;

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Part in particular. I'm sure I've noted many times about why the bias towards UK with the release dates and everything with B/W? Yeaaah this adds up. ;;

I think that was just coincidence lol.

I don't know if anyone read my thoughts in the first post's spoiler but yay for uniforms! I miss London haha.

Also, someone spotted a grammatical error so this is most likely fake. Ah well, fun to talk about. Although the person was in too much of rush/too excited to think about grammar, haha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...there's even grammar errors in Black and White, so I feel that pointing to this being fake because of that is kinda bad. :( ALSO MIGHT I REMIND YOU ALL OF HOW THERE WAS 10 GIFS EXPLAINING SERPERIOR/EMBOAR/SAMUROTT'S FAKENESS? YEAAAH. /high hopes

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
Years
Didn't it say at the end of B/W that N was seen terrorizing another region with a dragon Pokemon? Something along those lines any way. And Oh my GOD! If there's new Pokemon i will fall in love. I love new Pokemon, it just shows how diverse the production team are, it makes the games more interesting :) Cant wait!

Back