• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♥The Cute Pokémon Club!♥ : The Redux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelchiorFlyer

Flygon
Years
Lol I know right? I have more if ya want it! (course you do. What a stupid question)
So I was looking at cute pokemon and saw this. Thought you could use it. ;)
Spoiler:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Then we have a mystery of sorts for the mystery of Mew Cute Pokémon Club, huh?

Nakala Pri

Favourite Pokemon: Pikachu, Raichu, Pichu, Riolu, Audino.
Name: Rozu.
Favourite Pokemon game: Pokemon Black.

Merry Christmas! And I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I like that! Maybe it can be a contest! The winner gets the honor of having made a club stamp.
gotta agree with checkers we should have a contest or something for the stamp

Favourite Pokemon: Pikachu, Raichu, Pichu, Riolu, Audino.
Name: Rozu.
Favourite Pokemon game: Pokemon Black.

Merry Christmas! And I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas.
welcoome to the club rozu!!!

MelchiorFlyer

Flygon
Years
wouldn't that be fun? I mean, seriously! I'mma sucker for contests. To bad i can't do art. But maybe I can draw it...

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Hey, yeah. I like cute Pokemon, too~ D:

Name: Eh, just call me Pat.
Favorite Pokemon Game: :E... I liked Pokemon Mystery Dungeon when it came out. That counts as something, right? Right?
Favorite/Cutest Pokemon to Me Personally: Does Nidoran Female and Nidorina count?

Spoiler:

Or I can just go with Vulpix, because she's it's cute, too. But I'm gonna totally push for Nidor(an/ina). >:3 No one is safe.

Also, I'm lost. Isn't there supposed to be a club topic of sorts going on right now? The front page says a lot of things, but isn't very clear about any of it, and I'd like to think my reading comprehension is, at the very least, decent. The spotlight Pokemon seems to be Sandshrew. Are we supposed to talk about Sandshrew?

MelchiorFlyer

Flygon
Years
Hey, yeah. I like cute Pokemon, too~ D:

Name: Eh, just call me Pat.
Favorite Pokemon Game: :E... I liked Pokemon Mystery Dungeon when it came out. That counts as something, right? Right?
Favorite/Cutest Pokemon to Me Personally: Does Nidoran Female and Nidorina count?

Spoiler:

Or I can just go with Vulpix, because she's it's cute, too. But I'm gonna totally push for Nidor(an/ina). >:3 No one is safe.

Also, I'm lost. Isn't there supposed to be a club topic of sorts going on right now? The front page says a lot of things, but isn't very clear about any of it, and I'd like to think my reading comprehension is, at the very least, decent. The spotlight Pokemon seems to be Sandshrew. Are we supposed to talk about Sandshrew?

Yes. Pokeon Mystery Dungeon counts. I love that game to! I lost every thing but my Diamond game tho. :( Any way. Welcome to the club! I think the main topic is...cute pokemon? I not sure either. HEY GUYS! WHATS THE TOPIC AGAIN?? Any ways I like that pic! ^^ Pokecuteness to the third level! (there is like five levels, so.) I geuss it's sandshrew so... Sandshrew pics!!!
Spoiler:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to club , dbp!!!
Guys the topic is what's your favorite cute Pokémon? Has it changed?

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Alright. I can answer that, though at the same time that seems like a very subjective topic. Someone out there would say Jynx or Slaking is cute (to be fair, some cute versions probably exist if not every Pokemon looks exactly the same).

Well, my answer remains the same as Nidoran female, Nidorina and Vulpix. I'm not even going to defend Vulpix, it's a given. Nidoran Female, while looking less like a rabbit than Nidoran Male, was probably the most accurate looking rabbit Pokemon until Buneary (and even after, Buneary and Lopunny are more of the cartoon variety whereas Nidos F and M are more realistic in anatomy). And well, I like bunnies. :B Wherefore Art Thou, Pokemon did a real good job of making both Nidos Male and Female seem adorable, and more than just a bunch of angry faces like the Sugimori art would have you believe.

In fact, most appearances of Nido F/M in the anime have them fleeing more than fighting, much like a real rabbit would. I sometimes think all that bunk they write about Nidoran Male being more aggresive is just a lie to make him seem tougher than he actually is (I'm willing to bet Nidoran Male himself wrote the entries :P). Still, they're no slouch to stand up to Team Rocket the way that they did. There's a charm in cute, timid creatures, but you have to respect them when they finally stand up for themselves. Why female over male, though? It fluctuates if I think about them as creatures with no personality, but when I think about them as characters, I tend to gravitate towards females.

As for Nidorina, that's going to eat up way too much forum real estate, but I have good reasons, both personal and some I can back up.

Has it changed? Eons ago, maybe, when Vulpix used to be number one. But I think being number 3 is still a cushy spot. And while I don't think my three favorites will change, Nidoran and Vulpix may flip-flop from position 2 and 3 depending on my mood.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
As for Nidorina, that's going to eat up way too much forum real estate, but I have good reasons, both personal and some I can back up.

Feel free to write an essay about it, if you feel like doing just that. I don't mind that, as long as something's cute to someone! I know some people that think... well, you know.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I get ya. It appears that you're a pretty big fan of...er, uh. I know it starts with a G. Well dang it. This is one of those cases where not staying with the series gets you in trouble.

*search* Giratina! There we go. Good ol' internet, you save my butt once again. ... hmm, honestly, Giratina is still more appealling than a lot of other Pokemon, to be fair (I still can't get past Rayquaza wearing lipstick).

I'll try to keep this short. Generally, I love Nidos. I do my best to vouch for them, because to me, they're all a bunch of underdogs with potential. Maybe not in game potential, but definately in intrest and personality. I think the one Nido I really gravitated towards was Nidorina, because she was the most underdoggy of them all.

I paid her about as much mind as I did anyone else at first, but I wrote a story about one many many years ago (and every other Pokemon in the first Generation). The story was really sympathetic to Nidorina, so I became attached to the character. Essentially, she became a favorite of mine, and made me tolerant of the species itself.

Silver came along, and I had a Nidorina on my team that was really helpful, and I loved taking care of it in a slight virtual pet fashion. I took her to the salon regularly, and gave her a pink bow (more to accessorize than as a use, I like to visualize stuff like this). In high school, my friend and I would write comics about our adventures in Gold/Silver, as well as other games and stuff we did on the internet (it's all the same comic). The Nidorina in my game essentially became a character too. In fact, that's her in my avatar. So with this Nidorina and the other Nidorina becoming really interesting characters to me, I really started to love the species.

So a lot of it was giving unique personalities to Pokemon I'd've otherwise ignored, but if I never wrote that old story, I'd never use one in Silver. And without Silver, there'd be no Nidorina (the 2nd). Without her, there wouldn't be all the others that came after, and the appreciation for the species as a whole (one's even based off of my Nidorina in the first PMD, so the tradition of giving life to sprites continued). So I can honestly say that even the games played a part in this.

Officially, Nidorina can be charming in some of her art. I really loved her sprites in the 3rd generation, it was like they were going back to the way she was supposed to look afterall. By why didn't she look like that in promotional art? Well, she did! But it never caught on. Instead, the Pokemon company used the anime designs and kind of ruined her reputation of appearing somewhat calm and maternal, like her original art from Sugimori.

Copypaste from Toxic club:
As stated, that's the anime's fault (which in turn, erroneously used the sprites from Pokemon Green), and I was essentially able to prove that. Nidorina, for all intents and purposes, was supposed to look like a feminine Bulba/Ivysaur at best, but Sugimori's art was ignored. It's something I point out a lot, because it's such a misconception that at this point is very widespread, especially since marketing, merchandise and the like have used the anime as a guideline, and not Sugimori. So hag-Nidorina became the variation everyone knew her as. Fortunately, recent measures have been taken to rectify that officially, but it may be a bit too late.

I should point out that the current artwork Sugimori has produced of the Pokemon is sort of a fusion/compromise of his art and the anime's, which in a way actually borked up Nidoran Female and Nidoking (Nido F has less of an animal's anatomy now, and Nidoking looks a LOT less menacing) to a degree. But it really streamlined a lot of others. Fortunately, Nidorina's still based moreso on his original design, but she's less fat and a little less maternal in appearance.

I do a lot of research on Nidos, or at least I did. I think I've tapped out every source at this point, so there's really nothing else to report on. But at the time, finding out stuff like this was really interesting. Nidorina today tends to look better in official stuff than she did years ago, but not as good as she could have, as she lost that maternal aesthetic. She looks slightly tougher, but at least she doesn't look like a pig/pug anymore.

So yeah, going by what may have been the original intentions, Nidorina was the calm, caring one and Nidorino was the brash, protective one. And while the Pokedex entries still say this much, in appearance, today Nidorina looks more slightly more scrappy and Nidorino looks more mellow. Maybe their personalities rubbed off on each other. I dunno.

Fan art, including my own and others, can also make any Pokemon look cute in the same way that the anime can (sometimes). It also establishes endearment. The games and guidebook art alone can't always do it for you. Pikachu may be cute right off the bat to some people, but for others, he's just a goofy looking critter. Adding some personality to that is what makes Pikachu endearing. Why do people still remember Pikachu and his newfound love with ketchup? It added something to THAT character of Pikachu, and instances like that can rub off into the species as a whole.

And then if you just want the absolute cheat of an answer, according to generation 3, Pokeblocks can make every last Pokemon on the planet cute. Or smart. Or beautiful. Or whatever. It seems to alter the complexion of Pokemon, or their appearances and mannerisms or something. A lot of in game text basically states that it changes the way they appear. That raises a lot of morality questions, but there you go. Go make your Feebas beautiful (who will later become a pariah among other Feebas).

Well. So much for short.

MonoSpectator

Neighborhood Psycho
Years
Username: MonoSpectator
Favorite Pokemon Game: Probably Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Favorite Cute Pokemon: This is practically a master list of all the Pokemon who I love and adore for their cuteness :3 I'm not good at picking specific favorites ^^''

Spoiler:

The main reasons I like the cute Pokemon that I do is because they are cute (obviously) and evolve into something that is awesome as well. Plus, they are adorable little balls of power X3 I love little Pokemon that can pack a punch ^^

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Yeah, that list pretty much covers it. Welcome to the club, MonoSpectator.

One question, though. Why Shedinja? I don't debate that it can be cute (can it, though? Technically it's not even alive. Or is it? Mind games...), I've covered that angle and the idea of subjectivity already, but I'd like to know why you think so.

MonoSpectator

Neighborhood Psycho
Years
Yeah, that list pretty much covers it. Welcome to the club, MonoSpectator.

One question, though. Why Shedinja? I don't debate that it can be cute (can it, though? Technically it's not even alive. Or is it? Mind games...), I've covered that angle and the idea of subjectivity already, but I'd like to know why you think so.

Well, Shedinja has always been one of those few Pokemon that, even though they were kind of 'creepy' per se, they had an oddly cute appeal to them. I dunno, whenever I see a Shedinja I just wanna hug it :3 It seems like it'd be one of those 'small but packs a punch' Pokemon, as well as one of those 'cold on the outside, but wanting company on the inside' kind of Pokemon. I think it needs some love too :3 Plus, I've seen some truly adorable pictures of a very cute Shedinja :3

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Username: MonoSpectator
Favorite Pokemon Game: Probably Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Favorite Cute Pokemon: This is practically a master list of all the Pokemon who I love and adore for their cuteness :3 I'm not good at picking specific favorites ^^''

Spoiler:

The main reasons I like the cute Pokemon that I do is because they are cute (obviously) and evolve into something that is awesome as well. Plus, they are adorable little balls of power X3 I love little Pokemon that can pack a punch ^^

That said, what, in your personal opinion, is the most powerful cute Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back