• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

Years
Surprised I haven't posted here yet. o~o Love this game! I've been trying and trying to get my hands on the Golden Pack DLC since I want its contents but Nintendo won't take Discover as a payment method. I'll probably have to buy a $20 eShop card.. sucks you can't get them in $10s or something. :(

Going to do a hard mode run as soon as I get that DLC!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Going to do a easy mode run as soon as I get that DLC!
Fixed that for you. :D

But seriously guys don't buy the DLC. Don't encourage that awful DLC policy, nevermind how overpriced they are. :/ Game is already easy enough for a pay to win DLC, unless you're playing lunatic.

Years

But seriously guys don't buy the DLC. Don't encourage that awful DLC policy, nevermind how overpriced they are. :/ Game is already easy enough for a pay to win DLC, unless you're playing lunatic.

I'm mainly after the DLC to help me with later hard mode maps and lunatic, so yeah. Pretty sure I can do whatever with my own money but I do think FE has a lot of DLCs. Altogether they're definitely worth more than the entire game, haha. That's why I only have my eye on one or two.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016

Making something faster =/= making something easier.

Not everybody enjoys slow grinding. The DLC doesn't do anything but speed up the exact same process you'd be doing without it. It's like saying a game that defaulted to 2hour turns was made "easier" because there was DLC that shortened it to 2minute turns. More time =/= more challenge. Challenges your patience maybe...

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Wow

So how come I beat the game with very little grinding and money on hard mode (classic)? Hard mode isn't "hard" at all with only little grinding. :/ Getting numbers out of my ass, 90% of the play time was on the main chapters and some side quests. Oh, I also only reclassed Donnel out of villager, and Morgan.

The only reason I can see why anyone wants to take all this time grinding and getting money (aside from lunatic) is to maximize everyone's stats and reclassing and crap. But honestly I see that as a waste of time anyway, so might as well waste money too. Ain't exactly worth it just to "speed up the process" though, if you ask me. That's even worse than making it easier.

Callīope1

█ uranianUmbra
Years
I'm mostly bad at strategy games, so I haven't bothered with any Fire Emblem games except Awakening. I only played it because some of my friends bugged me about it until I finally gave it a go. I think a big part of it was the characters and the relationship aspect, which I thought was hilarious and had to see it for myself. I played on Casual which is something that most FE games don't have. I would suck at them, to say the least. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I haven't played too many Fire Emblem titles besides Awakening. I've tried some of the GBA titles but being me means being a perfectionist leading to a point where I want all units at first try and not losing one single unit and multiple retrys lead to simply losing interest.

In the moment I'm trying Fire Emblem 2 (NES game). It looks pretty nice, but has some technical drawbacks (well, as I said it's a NES game xD).

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm pretty interested in playing the GBA Fire Emblem games, but they're so dang hard to find ;-;

Years
Awakening was my only FE title so of course it's my favorite. I loved the clean/sleek art style and the story was very engaging. Will probably buy all other FE games in the future, provided I have the system for it. :D;

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
My first FE game was Radiant Dawn for the Wii. I played on easy, and it was kinda fun. FE :A just blows that game out of the water. I'm playing through on Classic/Hard right now, and it's the second most intense, challenging, and rewarding game I've ever played. First is Contra 4 (why has nobody played this game!?!?!?).

Digressions aside, does anyone else miss the ability to push units? That was awesome!

Years
I've never played any other FE games so I don't know about pushing. ;_; But kudos to you for doing classic! I'd like to try that after my current hard casual run.

Years
I've been needing a new game on my 3DS for a while so I played the demo for this last night to see what it would be like. I enjoyed it (especially the 3D, I haven't played many games with 3D but this has been the best so far) so I'm wondering what the difficulty is like in the main game. I'm not used to the genre so if it's particularly difficult, I might struggle with the game if I buy it that's all. What would you players say about the difficulty?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I'm not used to the genre so if it's particularly difficult, I might struggle with the game if I buy it that's all. What would you players say about the difficulty?
If you are new to this genre it shouldn't be much of a problem. This game is actually pretty easy and even if you have some problems you can easily level you characters a little bit. Leveling in this game is pretty easy and really fast.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I bought this game yesterday I thought it was a random game but ha, I was wrong. its just awesome. I love it. I like how you can create your own character. And the story is great. Still didnt beat it tho, but I'm looking forward to see how the storyline ends. The fighting system is great too, when you're close to your enemy you can attack and when he approaches you can defend...etc. So thats it I guess.

Major Fullbuster

Generic Lurking Spriter
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2013
Ah, Awakening...Personally, it's not my favorite, (although it IS fun maxing everyone's stats and watching my friend's reaction when he attempts to fight my Streetpass team) since IMO the character's personalities were really exaggerated and there's absolutely no balance between characters, unlike other games in the series where some units will always suck. Shadow Dragon was by far the worst game in the series. The graphics were improved and all, and healing units gain EXP by healing, but otherwise, it was just a copy of the original. Awakening was still an really good game though, and it's definitely worth a play or two.

Last edited:

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
My favorite Fire Emblem game is Path of Radiance. All around I also think it is objectively the best Fire Emblem game. The story was great such as with the entire subplot between Ike and the Black Knight and other stuff. The hard difficulty was challenging but never went to ******** difficulty (Like some chapters in Blazing Sword). The characters had their quirks but weren't as blown out of proportion as in Awakening. The stupid weight system that was in the GBA FE was finally dropped in this game which made female characters much more playable. All around I felt that it didn't do anything super spectacular (like with Radiant Dawn and the battle system, or like Awakening with the entertaining supports, Sacred Stones with the villain's) except I found the story to be really good, but it never crashed in any areas (Radiant Dawn with it's bad writing, Awakening with it's bad writing and already mediocre story, Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones and Sealed Sword with a lot of bland characters, Sacred Stones with it's easy as crap gameplay). So that's what lands it as my favorite. Also I like how Tormod and Muarim don't have like 8 chapters of availability in this game unlike in Radiant Dawn.

Last edited:
Years
If you are new to this genre it shouldn't be much of a problem. This game is actually pretty easy and even if you have some problems you can easily level you characters a little bit. Leveling in this game is pretty easy and really fast.

That's very good to hear, I think I'll attempt to pick it up this week then. Really looking forward to the story.

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
A bit of a dead thread, but I digress.

My favorite Fire Emblem game is Fire Emblem (7). Of all the games I've played thus far, it just got everything right. It had a very raw but fair difficulty that made it worth the time. Every character had their own personalities, and with only Awakening ahead of it (as far as I know), this game is the second-best at making them all likeable. Supports were annoying, of course, but still worth it to achieve, bevause they really fleshed out the characters. As well, the lords' character development was very strong and believeable, and every time the story threw a punch at the characters, it jabbed you too.

Plus, it had Nino~

Years
Shameless 11-day bump.

Awakening is the only Fire Emblem games I have so far and played through half-way for the second time (I accidentally deleted my first save). After I finish awakening I might try Sacred Stones I have from ambassador.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back