• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Hallow Victory [A Harry Potter RP]

Years
I'm looking for opinions on everything here, criticism is welcome! Even if you don't have criticism a quick post saying you would be interested in joining would be great motivation!

Spoiler:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
It's been while since I've had a Harry Potter RP! I love this idea!

also: can we include SUs for teachers?

Years
Always love a magic RP. However, I've noticed that Hogwarts games tend to fizzle out when players are left to the school by themselves. For this reason, maybe a mission based game would work better than a sandbox.

Years
It's been while since I've had a Harry Potter RP! I love this idea!

also: can we include SUs for teachers?

Actually I probably should make a SU form for that! I was planning on letting people make the teachers less work for me yayy so a set SU sheet would probably make that easier. Unless you meant like play as a teacher... which would be interesting. I'll have to think more about that but rn I'm leaning towards saying that'd be completely fine. The only trouble I see is that it forces a jp every time someone wants to write about their character in the teacher's class.

jombii

Years
Actually I probably should make a SU form for that! I was planning on letting people make the teachers less work for me yayy so a set SU sheet would probably make that easier. Unless you meant like play as a teacher... which would be interesting. I'll have to think more about that but rn I'm leaning towards saying that'd be completely fine. The only trouble I see is that it forces a jp every time someone wants to write about their character in the teacher's class.

Well, that could be a more interesting JP, seeing as the interaction is not just between two people. Plus, there are other stuff in a school setting that isn't classroom based.

And yes, I meant playing as one. But hey, if you just want us to create certain NPCs, I'm still up for it either way.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
I love the Wizarding World of Mr. Potter a lot, always a favorite setting for forum RP even if I rarely get a chance to join them. I completely agree with Godzil however, unless there are a lot of writing hooks and story prompts in the school it may be difficult to keep things going IC. So if this came to light I'd love to see it with that sort of system in place.

Years
Always love a magic RP. However, I've noticed that Hogwarts games tend to fizzle out when players are left to the school by themselves. For this reason, maybe a mission based game would work better than a sandbox.

I love the Wizarding World of Mr. Potter a lot, always a favorite setting for forum RP even if I rarely get a chance to join them. I completely agree with Godzil however, unless there are a lot of writing hooks and story prompts in the school it may be difficult to keep things going IC. So if this came to light I'd love to see it with that sort of system in place.

Mmm yeah sandboxes do tend to suffer from a lack of posts and slowly die. I could definitely start working on missions and make it mission based. I would fit well with the chapter/arc system I had in mind already. Plus it would make it easier to inject plot hooks and such. Thanks

Jay

Years
No problem dude, it does sincerely work. I feel like Z is getting as far as it is because the mission system gives players a solid objective to work towards every stage... thus there's always something to do.

It could work really well with Harry Potter as well. The amount of crazy tasks the professors could ask for would make for a very cool experience.

jombii

Years
#inb4 huge JP for quidditch.

Yeah, teachers could give out a lot of tasks, even extra-curricular which would create posts from players.

Jay

Years
Another few quick questions since I'm growing more and more curious about the RP.

Would the entirety of the story take place in Hogwarts are is there the possibility that the players could go far and wide beyond the limits of the school? Field trips and such would probably be a given but it's something I'm mildly intrigued by.

Secondly will there be a limit on spots or will the RP be open to all SU's? Just as a matter of curiosity. ~

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
It will mostly be confined to Hogwarts, Hogsmeade and other miscellaneous for field trips and missions. Otherwise, relatively self contained to Hogwarts. SUs will be open to all.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I entirely agree with Jay on making sure there are hooks and a decently defined storyline. Sandboxes work for some things, but there have been many examples in which that is definitely not the case.

How would you go about with keeping things organized when you have, for example: 7th-year students and 1st-year students? Obviously not all activities can include both of these grade levels and I could imagine very rarely seeing people hanging out with those a bit younger or older than themselves.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
Sorry for late response. Yes, there will indeed be hooks and and a defined story. We will be delving into separate villains with a loosely defined goal on an arc by arc basis. We will be shortly delving into the organizations of the various years; me and Wiz should be able to hash out an organization scheme by today.

Back