• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Generation 3 Memory?

Years
What's yours? Mine is the day I got Pokemon Sapphire for Christmas back in 2005 or 2004, I think. Mom and Dad bought it for me and I still have it to this day. It is one of my favorite games and I play it when I want to look back at the good old days and feel nostalgic. :)

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
Probably when I caught Rayquaza for the first time. It was long and difficult but worth it considering that my friend at the time hadn't been able to capture it yet.

Also, I caught Zapdos with a Poke Ball once.

Years
A Roselia that won me the Master Rank Beauty Contest, despite having a moveset that consisted of each category except Tough. The fact she won was what shocked me in itself because I always lost in Master Rank up until that point.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This isn't really a part of the game itself, but just buying it is a great memory for me. Sapphire was the first thing I recall really saving my money for as a kid. I would see commercials for the game and knew it was coming out soon and so I saved my meager earnings (birthdays, Christmas, tooth fairy probably at that point aha) and bought it the night it came out at the KB Toys in the mall. I remember making my dad take me and carrying the box without a bag and telling him I was going to start with Torchic. It was a really good feeling being able to buy something I was anticipating and I still have the cartridge today. I have plenty of memories within the game itself, of course, but the first time buying a Pokemon game really takes the cake for me.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
The entire game was a sweet memory, but what really sticks out to me was my secret base. It was located on route 120, the dark and rainy route, so my secret base felt safe and warm. I loved to spend hours tinkering with it and admiring it.

Years
Mine was probably when I beat Norman for the first time. Especially in emerald for some reason I really struggled with his whole team (spinda was a demon and slaking was satan himself). I just remember feeling a sense of relief when i finally beat him and could move on in the game.

sz

Years
One of the best moments was when I beat elite 4 just with a Tyranitar and nothing else in my party :D
I also loved the feature of battling in other's secret bases

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
probably my memories of me fucking around in the frontier as a kid. I had no clue what I was doing but it was great anyway.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
RSE was the first time I was able to trade properly, so being able to use my brother's game and restart a few times to trade all the starters to my game so I could go through the game with a team of Sceptile, Swampert and Blaziken (and three others) for the first time was really cool, something I had wanted to do since I first started playing.

Jayce Darcy

Champion
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 4, 2017
Sounds cliche but it'd still have to be my first Pokemon League win in Leaf Green. It was my first proper Pokemon playthrough.

Beating your rival and have Oak come in afterwards to talk about how "you've grown so much since you left Pallet Town with your Bulbasaur..." and then the game cues the Pallet Town music.

Pure nostalgia there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
As a little kid playing Emerald, I spent lots of time in the battle factory.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
The two fondest memories I recall were my sister introducing me to the games
by lending me her sapphire cartridge and my first catch ever : a golden poochyena
that 'sis helped me with. That shiny was only one of the two legitimate shinies I've
ever had, both in sapphire. The poochyena was evolved and transferred to my Diamond
game back when I had the DSlite, as for the other shiny they were a wingull I found near
Mt.Pyre, but they didn't make it to Diamond.

Thinking about it, there's quite a few funny coincidences

First catch->αlpha
Route 101->αlpha
First pokémon gameplay(sapphire)->αlpha
Last catch->Ωmega
Mt.Pyre->Ωmega
Wingull not making it to diamond->Ωmega

Years
My beautiful memory was when i was playing pokemon fire red in my house, when there was no electricity at all and it was pleasurable to hear the music and to play in the dim light of the TV.

Last edited:

LunarLavender

Veteran Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2018
My most amazing memory was in petalburg forest when I caught my first shiny! It was a wurmple then evolved into a beautifly! I remember that I wouldn't stop screaming for a good 5 minutes since I don't actively search for shinies.

snowfire911

Snowfire, Keeper of Breloom and Shroomish
Years
My fondest memory is either getting my omega ruby game (my first pokemon game) for Christmas, or trading for and obtaining my shiny giratina. good times.

Jayzco

Pokemon BUSINESS
Years
Top Moments

1. Getting Alpha Sapphire and hearing that relaxing Littleroot Town Music.

2. I really wanted to get Deoxys, and because I didn't save and then I just found a black triangle on the Sky Pillar and I was so thrilled.

That's all XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
I remember adoring Ruby and Sapphire and being really into the gen 3 anime even though I was "getting too old" for Pokemon by the time gen 3 rolled around, but my favorite memories of gen 3 was when I actually got my brother to play with me a few times and do the classic "battle after every gym" deal, holy hell do I still miss want someone to play that way with even now. Also, I always caught a Poochyena and used Mightyena as a second starter effectively, hahaha.

Back