• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Well, I was still having some issues with the exp bar still(when it finally levels up), but I just found the problem a few minutes ago XD *feels pathetically victorious*

But yeah,
damnparassz8.png

How do I change the location for the Paras? (ignore the other errors, I just haven't gotten around to editing those yet)

EDIT: Now I'm having bad issues with the summary page. It looks fine when I first select a Pokemon to look at, but when I use the up/down key to view another one the sprites shift, despite changing the "pbGoToPrevious" and "pbGoToNext" scripts to have the same sprite xy coordinates. I even tried refreshing the entire script with an unedited one(just in case maybe I screwed something up elsewhere, for some odd reason) but it's still doing it...

Also, I'm not sure where the script is to move the "What will ___ do?" text in battle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
PLEASEEEEE XD HELP!!
How i can put animations for the Shiny Pokémon? (that animations when Shiny Pokémons appears)
Please, I want an answer u.u

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2015
Hey I read somewhere around here that you can play videos on a pokemon essentials game.. I need that.. if anyone knows can they please tell me how to do it.. I looked all over the notes to see if I could find it there.. was it removed? or did I not see it? or is it there at all? well thanks to anyone who responds.. !

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hall of Fame:
I noticed that too when tweaking with the battle script for lord knows how long. The box uses the windowskin folder. Basically, whatever skin you're set to view windows with is what shows up there.

I don't know how to fix or change it.

Years
In the PokeBattle_ActualScene area of the script, i added

if @outdoor
pbDayNightTint(@sprites["battlebg"])
pbDayNightTint(@sprites["enemybase"])
pbDayNightTint(@sprites["playerbase"])
end

to the end of the pbBackdrop section, but when it's night the background doesn't change. Am I missing something blindingly obvious, because this is one of my first time adding bits to the script.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Answers

I unhappy now, do you know what i do when unhappy, i get more unhappy.
to make me happy, please tell me how to;
i)set a rival
ii) make a north/south facing bridge 3 tiles wide.

For the first one, I am still trying to find a way to do this.
For the second one, You just need to find tile of a bridge that fits your needs.

Hey I read somewhere around here that you can play videos on a pokemon essentials game.. I need that.. if anyone knows can they please tell me how to do it.. I looked all over the notes to see if I could find it there.. was it removed? or did I not see it? or is it there at all? well thanks to anyone who responds.. !

I do not think it is in the notes. Go to the script Scene_Movie and read the comment titled instructions.

Last edited:

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
i)set a rival

lol I laughing now. I laughing more.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
i)set a rival

Care to explain the rival one a little more? You mean have a trainer that took the opposite starter than you? If that's the case, just make a switch for each starter you have, like if you take a Charmander it will turn on the "Charmander" switch. Then when the rival shows up, make a different scenario for each switch. (So if the Charmander switch is on, then the player will battle the one that has the Squirtle, etc)

Mikel88:
First of all it's not lined up correctly(the top row is for the sprites facing down). Secondly, you might need to rename it to whatever the previous fishing animation was called.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2015
hey thanks a lot ty 101 but I still need help.. I did what you said and then I did what the game told me to do.. but when I try to play the movie either nothing happens.. or you just hear the sound of the movie play under the map's bgm.. so if you have done this before or anyone else.. plz help me.. I have actually tried 3 different types of .avi files..
1. normal avi- results nothing
2. windows avi- sound
3.windows divx- sound
so.. please help me! thanks actually I dont think they are different types of avi.. since avi is a type itself.. I just put what the website I was using gave me xD

Last edited:

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Try compiling the data again (through the Debug menu, or by holding CTRL while starting up the playtest). They work perfectly in my game...

This fixes it, although I have to hold CTRL for every playtest now, which is strange. Thanks. : P Also, the game now skips my title screen. Not sure why. :/

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Sorry

hey thanks a lot ty 101 but I still need help.. I did what you said and then I did what the game told me to do.. but when I try to play the movie either nothing happens.. or you just hear the sound of the movie play under the map's bgm.. so if you have done this before or anyone else.. plz help me.. I have actually tried 3 different types of .avi files..
1. normal avi- results nothing
2. windows avi- sound
3.windows divx- sound
so.. please help me! thanks actually I dont think they are different types of avi.. since avi is a type itself.. I just put what the website I was using gave me xD

I have not actually tried it. I recommend pming poccil.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
PLEASEEEEE XD HELP!!
How i can put animations for the Shiny Pokémon? (that animations when Shiny Pokémons appears)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
PLEASEEEEE XD HELP!!

Cmon if everyone spent sometime reading the notes, the question counter here would be cut by half (I copied that from the notes.html):

"Battle Animations
There are several rules to keep in mind when making battle animations in RPG Maker XP.

Battle animations for moves must be named Move:XXX, where XXX is the internal name of the move as defined in PBS/moves.txt. For instance, the animation for Fire Punch will be named Move:FIREPUNCH.
When creating animations that involve an attacker and an opponent, the point at (-160,80) is considered to be the attacker, and the point at (160,-80) is considered to be the opponent. The animation must have a "position" of "Screen." As a guide, you can use the file battlers.png (under "[ED] Battler...").
The next time you run the game from RPG Maker XP, the game will convert any animations here to a different format so that they will display properly in the battle system.
Certain animations are commonly used and have special names for them:
Common:Shiny - When a shiny Pokemon enters battle.
Common:StatUp - When a Pokemon's stat was raised.
Common:StatDown - When a Pokemon's stat was lowered.
Common:Frozen - When a Pokemon is frozen.
Common:Burn - When a Pokemon is burned.
Common:Sleep - When a Pokemon is asleep.
Common:Paralysis - When a Pokemon is paralyzed.
Common:Confusion - When a Pokemon is confused. "

Blazing Charizard

Pokémon Titanium creator
Years
I have a question:
How can I give Triad cards to the player?
I have this guy who sells Triad cards, and if you're there for the first time, he'll give you 5 cards to play a game. How to add those 5 cards? I can't find it in the notes...

EDIT:: Nevermind, tried something out, and it worked.
for the ones who need to know: $PokemonGlobal.triads.pbStoreItem(item,quantity) where item = Pokemon number (1 for bulbasaur etc.) and quantity the... quantity.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
Thanks!
for the info! :D

But now, i want to know how fishing animation works (when the player use the rod)
anyone can help me?

Blazing Charizard

Pokémon Titanium creator
Years
the fishing animation:

notes.html said:
The fishing animation is a five-frame animation. It resembles the 16-frame character sprites, but only the first five frames are used. Its filename must be Graphics/Characters/fishingXXX.png, where XXX is a trainer type's ID. Example: fishing000.png. See below for the layout of the frames.

http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html#fishinganimation
Just search through the notes, there's many things in there!:P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back