• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
Cutlerine (Or Anyone That Can Help) How Did You Change The Back Sprites For Pokemon Snakewood, I've been able to find front sprite editors and overworld sprite editors, but I can't find anything I Can use for Back In-Battle Sprites, Please helpif you can

Years
Cutlerine (Or Anyone That Can Help) How Did You Change The Back Sprites For Pokemon Snakewood, I've been able to find front sprite editors and overworld sprite editors, but I can't find anything I Can use for Back In-Battle Sprites, Please helpif you can
This question does not quite suits in this thread. You can have help in ROM hacking help tutorials for it or PM someone who has the knowledge;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2012
Hello :c
I can't play :c Can anyone help me?
When I'm in Meteor Falls and going to ?chat? with Zombies i have this error:
UNSUPPORTED BIOS FUNCTION EF CALLED FROM 08EA6C0C A BIOS FILE IS NEEDED IN ORDER TO GET THE CORRECT BEHAVIOUR
What should i do to fix it?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
how can i patch something?
It sounds like we have another newcomer to ROM playing! (That's OK actually, nothing wrong with that. :) )

Before anything else, download IPSWin (I recommend this one for 32-bit systems, but I've also used it on 64-bit - like mine).

Next, you need to find a Ruby ROM. We can't tell you that part. You have to find that part. Google is your friend, and with some research into the ROM number used by the ROM community itself, you'll figure out where a download is with the help of friends like Google.

Assuming you find a Ruby ROM (without which the download on the first page of this thread is useless), download the IPS file.

Now...if you might want to play Ruby itself eventually on the emulator, or play other hacks that use Ruby as a ROMbase, you'll want to make a copy of the ROM so you don't have to go looking for it again in the future. You should be able to do this part within Windows easily.

Once you have your copy made, rename that copy to the same name as the IPS file, or your own name (heck, call it bathroom.gba if you really want to, though I recommend "Pokémon Snakewood Version" - you can omit "Version" if you want, and if your Windows shows extension, make sure the .gba stays!). Open IPSWin and locate the "File to Patch" (the GBA you just renamed) and the "IPS File to Use" (the file you downloaded from this thread). Confirm that all is OK to proceed, and wait. It will tell you when it's done.

At this point, download VisualBoyAdvance if you haven't already. Make sure the settings in the Options -> Emulator menu when you load for the first time are to allow a Real Time Clock, and a Save Type of 128k Flash (this prevents any problems with saving the games, which would otherwise force you to use save states as your method of saving).

All that's left now is to load VisualBoyAdvance, File -> Open and find the ROM in the folder (hopefully you put the ROM in the VBA folder). At this point, you are playing a ROMhack!

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
I'm stuck in S.S.CANGREJO. I know I need a Ditto in order to proceed but I can't find a Ditto anywhere! I have walked around the area for 15 minutes without any succes. I have read all the posts from all the pages and tried the codes (which didn't work). I can't find ANY wild pokemon anywhere but from the water. I would REALLY want some help since I can honestly say that I love this game and I wouldn't want to be stuck :(

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I'm stuck in S.S.CANGREJO. I know I need a Ditto in order to proceed but I can't find a Ditto anywhere! I have walked around the area for 15 minutes without any succes. I have read all the posts from all the pages and tried the codes (which didn't work). I can't find ANY wild pokemon anywhere but from the water. I would REALLY want some help since I can honestly say that I love this game and I wouldn't want to be stuck :(

you find Ditto in the area before the floor with the warp point on it

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2014
I lost to senex at the top of lilycove mall and after I whited out EVERYBODY has disappeared and if I go into lilycove museum there is a random god monster which tries to kill me then Landon and may come in and stop him , then after that my character has a chat with cutlerine and he figures out the meaning of life ????

Back