• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

happy2.gif

Guy

just a guy
Years
Edit Options > Messaging and Notification > Disable Smilies in your posts > Save Changes :D

...but yes, for as long as I can remember myself, it has always been like that.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I don't doubt the current version has been around for a while since I seem to recall it from sometime before, but it has been appearing only recently as much as it has, and has appeared in posts which it didn't previously, so something was clearly changed such that it has replaced the orginal emoticon, which was from the same set as these two: :badsmile: :laugh:. In my experience, it also appears in the first preview of a given post even if one has smilies disabled.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
It's back to normal... and nothing said about it?

Was this a glitch then? It looked like this to me:

The image happens to be Trainer Timothy's current avatar, if that's any help for troubleshooting.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I have never seen a smiley look like that avatar. And when you initially posted that avatar didn't show up either. Unless I'm missing something here...?

:D seems fine to me.

Back