• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first anime?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
What was the first anime you watched?
Tenchi Muyo! and Outlaw Star (both were on Toonami and played one after another)
What was the first anime you watched, knowing that it was anime?
Ranma 1/2 soon after falling in love with all of Rumiko Takahashi's work (writer/artist for InuYasha)
What was the first anime you watched with subs?
I don't really know to be honest... Could have been Pokemon or Naruto

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I can't remember (since it was about 18 years ago xD)..I think it was Dragon Ball.
But should be Saint Seiya/Hokuto no Ken/Captain Tsubasa,/Sailor Moon (yeah, Sailor Moon xD)/ Ranma 1/2/Yu Yu Hakusho too..
uhm..see above xD xD
uhm..i think it was Naruto...

FayAurora

Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Most likely Sailor Moon, but it could have been Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z (I think), or Yu-Gi-Oh.
One of the four above, my brothers kept me well educated :P
Hmmm I think it was a short, not well known anime... Hmm I can't quite recall the name of it

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Pokemon, but I really don't consider it to be my first anime.

I really consider my first to be Sonic X; it's the first time I discovered I could watch anime with subs over the Internet.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I distinctly remember watching Inuyasha with one of my friends, his mom, and my mom in a hotel room like six-seven years ago. Not much else to that testimonial!

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Pokemon was the first anime i watched. Subs i think was Mega Man Star Force in which I saw it on the Internet

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
1. Pokemon. Blah.

2. Pokemon, again. By the time I learned what anime was, it was one of the view anime-shows I was watching. I also watched stuff like Yugioh, or whatever else was on KidsWB.

3. Lucky Star. <3

Years
My first anime I ever watched was Saint Seya! I remember coming home from school everyday just to watch it! xD Then one day they cancelled it and then they started airing Captain Tsubasa at first I was furios but then I coped with it then it became My favorite anime ! I think that's the reason why I started to play soccer

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
What was the first anime you watched? The first I remember is Dragon Ball Z. I didn't like it. I thought it was so dumb. As for the first I ever watched...

My older sister remembers watching a really old anime about fairy tales - this was before I was born. We lived in Lebanon, so she saw the Arabic dub. (An English dub exists too.) Mum taped a few episodes for my sister. We still had the tapes when I was little, and Mum said I watched them, though I don't remember. I rediscovered the series last year - it's called Grimm Masterpiece Theatre in Japanese and Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics in English. It was made by Nippon Animation, who makes a lot of anime based on Western literature (such as Heidi - their Heidi anime is nearly 40 years old now). They made Noozles too...that was mentioned earlier.

What was the first anime you watched, knowing that it was anime? Hamtaro. I found out Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and DBZ were anime before that, but I didn't know that at first.

What was the first anime you watched with subs? I think it was Bleach. I'm not too big on the series, but it's decent.

Last edited:

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
1. Pokemon. I had never even heard of the term "anime" and didn't for quite a few years, so I didn't know what an anime was. I just saw a cartoon of something I liked so I watched it. Before I had heard the term "anime" I also watched shows like Digimon, Card Capture Sakura and Sailor Moon.

2. The first anime that I watched knowing what an anime was is InuYasha. In fact it's the only one I watched for years before I discovered Fullmetal Alchemist.

3. The first anime I watched with Subs would be InuYasha: The Final Act. idk if this completely counts, but when the final episodes were finally released, I couldn't wait for it to be dubbed to see them. I had to know how it all ends. Otherwise, the only other anime I've watched with subs so far is Hyouka.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
1. Pokemon. The Mystery of Mount Moon was my first pokemon episode, and thus, my first episode of anime. Of course, not knowing that it was called anime at the time. After that there was Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc without me knowing the term.

2. Inuyasha. Someone I knew on a forum told me about Inuyasha and told me to watch it. It was at that time that I knew what anime was and later on realized that Pokemon, Sailor Moon, etc, are also anime as well. Since it was on Adult Swim I couldn't stay up that late to watch it (I was like ten or something) so my dad actually recorded episodes for me to watch the next day.

3. Pita-Ten. By this time I had gotten into Manga as well. Pita-Ten was my favorite at the time and I wanted to watch the anime of it after learning that there was an adaption. Of course, there is no dubbed of the anime so I ended up watching it with subs and thus was my first anime subbed experience. ♥

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
My first anime was Saint Seiya(Los Caballeros del Zodiaco as I remember them). I was very young so of course I couldn't follow the plot, all I remember was the cool armors hehe.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Pokemon or Yugioh. I still don't really consider them anime, but I'm pretty sure they are.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I don't really remember why I started watching it, but it was pretty interesting, so I finished the first season.

I haven't. Not actually a big anime fan to begin with, and I ended up watching tMoHS dubbed.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The first anime I've ever watched was Pokémon. I didn't actually know that this was an anime until I was twelve. I used to think it was just a cartoon like Johnny Bravo and Tom & Jerry, haha. Bleach was the first anime that I've watched by knowing it was an anime. My friends used to talk about it a lot in school, so I just had to see what all the fuss was about.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Probably naruto or pokemon, i played both games first before loving the TV shows.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
Pokemon
InuYasha
I really can't remember. So many.. X.x

Back